Pronger to play for Canada despite injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Way to go, Chris!

Solid, he's far and away Canada's best defenseman, and we'll rely on him (and Redden) huge.

Towmater14

Sep 17, 2005
OIL COUNTRY
Phanuthier said:
Way to go, Chris!

Solid, he's far and away Canada's best defenseman, and we'll rely on him (and Redden) huge.
I agree, although it may effect his play later on with my beloved Oilers, I am very proud of him. Class act!!!
Go Canada Go!​

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Nice job Pronger. :handclap:

Too bad other players don't have his committment.

Miikka, I'm looking in your direction.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Zine said:

John Davidson on Satelite Hotstove thinks Prongs won't be playing in all the games because of the injury. Canada is playing 5 games in 7 nights. Doctors told Prongs that the injury won't get worse by playing. Apparently Redden is also nicked and Blake has a sore groin but both will be going to the Olympics.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
Zine said:

Chris Pronger has been treated 1st class by Hockey Canada.

There has been speculation that Kipper pulled out because he has a frosty relationship with the Finnish federation - something about him being blamed for their loss in the world cup. Which is ridiculous btw.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Smyth2Hemsky said:
John Davidson on Satelite Hotstove thinks Prongs won't be playing in all the games because of the injury. Canada is playing 5 games in 7 nights. Doctors told Prongs that the injury won't get worse by playing. Apparently Redden is also nicked and Blake has a sore groin but both will be going to the Olympics.

It probably wouldn't hurt that much to sit Pronger 2 of the first 3 games. Maybe even all 3. Not to take Canada's opponents lightly, because Germany and Switzerland always play them tough (and um, Italy is, um, a very nice country), but wouldn't a healthier Pronger for Finland and the Czechs be more beneficial?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
While it would be easy to panic over the plight of our defence, keep in mind that Canada won the World Cup despite suffering injuries to arguably four of their top six defencemen. (Blake, Pronger, Jovo and Redden). It was a testament to our depth that Regehr, Brewer, Hannan and Bouwmeester were able to step in and contribute.

I'm not concerned. Six of our seven defencemen have succeeded on the international best-on-best stage before. McCabe's the only one who hasn't, but as long as he quarterbacks the PP and doesn't make any boneheaded mistakes. We've won in this type of situation before.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
God Bless Canada said:
While it would be easy to panic over the plight of our defence, keep in mind that Canada won the World Cup despite suffering injuries to arguably four of their top six defencemen. (Blake, Pronger, Jovo and Redden). It was a testament to our depth that Regehr, Brewer, Hannan and Bouwmeester were able to step in and contribute.

I'm not concerned. Six of our seven defencemen have succeeded on the international best-on-best stage before. McCabe's the only one who hasn't, but as long as he quarterbacks the PP and doesn't make any boneheaded mistakes. We've won in this type of situation before.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is the big ice.

Pronger, Blake and Foote have proven they can excel in any situation. However, with Pronger and possibly Blake nursing injuries, more ice time may have to go to Redden, Regehr and McCabe. And if I remember correctly, Regehr and Redden looked absolutely lost defensively on the big ice at last year's World Championships.......but that could have been due to the long lay-off. (I remember Boyle doing really well).

McCabe is nothing but a liability. He was benched by his Swedish team because he was nothing but a pylon on the big surface. However, it's just the style of game a guy like Bouwmeester can excel in. I expect good things from Jay.

Last edited:

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Zine said:
And if I remember correctly, Regehr and Redden looked absolutely lost defensively on the big ice at last year's World Championships.......

you remember wrongly. Regehr did look lost, but Redden was Canadas top defenceman at that tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->