Prospect Info: Prokhorkin selected by Team Russia

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Time to bring Voynov back home. I hope Blake figures out something in the offseason to get him in our lineup again.
When are people going to realize this isn't going to happen.
What incentive does voynov have to want to sit a year? And in the current climate that's the minimum i see the league giving him.
It was a toxic subject when he did it but add all the sexual harassment stuff that's been being revealed it makes it even worse. Doesn't necessarily matter that it's different it's close enough.
Then in LA when much of it has come out happening in Hollywood. What incentive does the team have to want the press now or even in the near future?

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
What incentive does voynov have to want to sit a year? And in the current climate that's the minimum i see the league giving him.
It was a toxic subject when he did it but add all the sexual harassment stuff that's been being revealed it makes it even worse. Doesn't necessarily matter that it's different it's close enough.
Then in LA when much of it has come out happening in Hollywood. What incentive does the team have to want the press now or even in the near future?

I wouldn't say it will happen, but its possible to bring Voynov back if the legal immigration issue is resolved. He already sat out the 2014-2015 season, and has not been in the league for 3-4 years. His exile should be enough of a "suspension" and should not warrant a further one by the league.

I don't see what the Hollywood sexual harassment issue has anything to do with Voynov. Voynov didn't rape anyone, and after the incident, he is still with his wife and child. Presumably they worked things out. People make mistakes, and Voynov's NHL career shouldn't be over because of one incident, when the alleged victim has reconciled with her husband. That is their private issue.

Assuming his skills have not fall off the map (I don't follow him in the KHL), Voynov would be the second or third best defenseman on our team. I think the option to bring him back should at least be explored (not saying it will be easy or it will happen).

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I wouldn't say it will happen, but its possible to bring Voynov back if the legal immigration issue is resolved. He already sat out the 2014-2015 season, and has not been in the league for 3-4 years. His exile should be enough of a "suspension" and should not warrant a further one by the league.

I don't see what the Hollywood sexual harassment issue has anything to do with Voynov. Voynov didn't rape anyone, and after the incident, he is still with his wife and child. Presumably they worked things out. People make mistakes, and Voynov's NHL career shouldn't be over because of one incident, when the alleged victim has reconciled with her husband. That is their private issue.

Assuming his skills have not fall off the map (I don't follow him in the KHL), Voynov would be the second or third best defenseman on our team. I think the option to bring him back should at least be explored (not saying it will be easy or it will happen).

I agree wholeheartedly and hope he comes back as well.This subject always amazed me when it comes to these fake morals,some pick and choose their high morals and fail to live by these same morals across the board.VV has done his time and punishment.This isnt the same as what is happening in Hollywood.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

He was paid and with moving has continued to be paid. So they will want their pound of flesh.
If you can't see how it would play in the media around la you are just blind. And the attitude that an athlete, strong and big, abuses his wife helpless and weak. Is exactly how the media would play it. And there's the tie in they would likely use.
Like I already said it's different but close enough that it makes it poison.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Voynov subject will probably be a hot one. I haven't viewed it yet, but apparently it's come up on Insider Trading today. Let's move discussion on VV to another thread and just cheer for Porky here.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
the "olympic athletes from russia" team haha

"Thursday's roster contains players from only three clubs, with 15 of the 25 coming from KHL champion SKA St. Petersburg"

what a world we live in

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
He was paid and with moving has continued to be paid. So they will want their pound of flesh.
If you can't see how it would play in the media around la you are just blind. And the attitude that an athlete, strong and big, abuses his wife helpless and weak. Isn't exactly how the media would play it. And there's the tie in they would likely use.
Like I already said it's different but close enough that it makes it poison.

You're forgetting that Voynov isn't born in the States, LA folk tend to be very cozy with foreigners so they don't hurt their feelings. And Voynovs incident is a societal norm in Russia, doesn't mean what he did was extremely dark since its encouraged in Russia.

If you want any more proof, his wife is still with him. It's normal there.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The Voynov subject will probably be a hot one. I haven't viewed it yet, but apparently it's come up on Insider Trading today. Let's move discussion on VV to another thread and just cheer for Porky here.

Sorry my man, I saw this after I posted.

Reactions: deaderhead28

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Wouldn't be HFBOARDS without a lil stirring of the pot.
IMG_1108.JPG
No worries, just trying to get in before it goes off the rails!

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

...hmmm, the stanley cup?

Reactions: deaderhead28

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
At this point is just trade his rights to the Rangers, along with Voynovs and Dergachyov (spelling?) for picks or prospects. They're never going to come (back in Voynovs case) to L.A.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
At this point is just trade his rights to the Rangers, along with Voynovs and Dergachyov (spelling?) for picks or prospects. They're never going to come (back in Voynovs case) to L.A.
Dergachyov is a UFA after this season
Voynov could possibly come over as well
Prokhorkin is a UFA aim two season and would be 25YO at that time...
I guess what I’m trying to say is just hold on to them and if they help sweeten a deal then you do and if not then try and actually bring them over !

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Dergachyov is a UFA after this season
Voynov could possibly come over as well
Prokhorkin is a UFA aim two season and would be 25YO at that time...
I guess what I’m trying to say is just hold on to them and if they help sweeten a deal then you do and if not then try and actually bring them over !

I could be wrong but since there is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL; the Kings still hold the rights to Dergachyov until he turns 26/27 when he can become a UFA.

Edit: it says European players rights are held for 4 years after being drafted

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille