Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Grave77digger said:

Agreed here.

With the Penguins current state it's going to be hard for any prospect to crack the line-up, period. Especially guys of his age.

2007-08 maybe, but I can't see anyone not named Sidney or Evgeni going straight to the Penguins before spending a full season in Wilkes-Barre.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Vikke said:
If he decides to join Bergfors in St. John's in the Q this season, he'll be better prepared for the NHL at least.
Oscar Sundh was drafted by the Fog Devils, Salmonsson was picked by Spokane Chiefs. But 2-3 seasons with Djurgården is a better option for Johannes, especially now when they don´t have any money to sign expensive veterans.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Salmonsson is flat-out awesome, IMO, from what I saw at last year's WJCs.

To answer your question, he is eligible for the WJCs this year. I think he will be "ready" to step into the Pens line-up by 2006-2007, but that will not happen with Palffy, Recchi and (hopefully) Morozov signed.

He will replace Recchi for the 2007-2008 season.

As far as comparisions, he reminds me of a poor man's Jagr: VERY strong on the boards and in the corners, has creative one-on-one moves, and likes to drive hard to the net. He is a faster skater than Jagr is though, but we'll see if that changes as he bulks-up. Based on his style of play, he will only get better as he gets stronger.

I'm not saying he will be an elite superstar like Jagr, but IMO opinion he has the potential to be a legitimate first line scoring winger.

Is the Pens best offensive forward prospect at this point behind Crosby and Malkin.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Kronblom said:
Oscar Sundh was drafted by the Fog Devils, Salmonsson was picked by Spokane Chiefs. But 2-3 seasons with Djurgården is a better option for Johannes, especially now when they don´t have any money to sign expensive veterans.
Anyone knows if he will play with Vancouver Giants next season??? Or if they are going to fix it with Spokane(Salmonsson was drafted by Spokane, but he wanted to play for Vancouver Giants and was hoping they would sort it out).

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Kronblom said:

My bad, sorry for the mix-up.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
An Ape called Yoko said:
Anyone knows if he will play with Vancouver Giants next season??? Or if they are going to fix it with Spokane(Salmonsson was drafted by Spokane, but he wanted to play for Vancouver Giants and was hoping they would sort it out).

So far there has been no formal announcement. But you're right, there was apparently a deal worked out to get Salmonsson to N/A, but that may have fallen apart with this Spokane monkey wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad