Projected scoring race updated on Nov 15

AgeIess

Jul 14, 2021
Are you watching hockey?
AM is outside of the top100 in scoring at the moment...while all teams are over 10% into the season...he is also not a regular in the top10 career wise so it's ok to not project him this season.

If it's pure goal scoring you can sure give him the benefit of the doubt and put him in there.
I've been hearing this Matthews guy is a top 5 player from fans of his team, but I don't see him in this list. Considering this, I thought they might have factored in that he'll be injured since I also heard Matthews is top 5 in being injury prone.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
I've been hearing this Matthews guy is a top 5 player from fans of his team, but I don't see him in this list. Considering this, I thought they might have factored in that he'll be injured since I also heard Matthews is top 5 in being injury prone.
AM is 107 right now.
upload_2021-11-10_15-33-57.png

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
He had 69 points the last full season. He was on pace for 77 when the pandemic hit, and he’s currently on pace for 104. For some reason, that doesn’t feel like a stretch
Oh yes, the whole pace thing yeah that definitely means he’s going to hit over 100 points just like Troy Terry, Tyler Bertuzzi, JT Miller, Lucas Raymond, etc. Why don’t you be realistic and just admit that he’s a 60 point player who also has the benefit of playing with McDavid and Draisaitl on the power play.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
He has 10 points in 8 games and has scored at over a 100 point pace over the last 4 seasons he is easy to project.

Ovi and JT Miller won't be in the top 10 at the end of the year though.
Why not? Ovi's already got 26 points in 15 games.

The last full seasons getting into the top 10 in scoring required in the 89-96 point range, most frequently 91 or 92 points.

Ending with a season total in that range only requires a slightly below a PPG pace from here on out, something he's been higher than for the last 5 seasons straight, and 15 of the 17 years he's been in the NHL.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why not? Ovi's already got 26 points in 15 games.

The last full seasons getting into the top 10 in scoring required in the 89-96 point range, most frequently 91 or 92 points.

Ending with a season total in that range only requires a slightly below a PPG pace from here on out, something he's been higher than for the last 5 seasons straight, and 15 of the 17 years he's been in the NHL.

Lots of reasons actually.

1. his last full season (19-20) he was 19th in points, the season after his rate would have been even lower and here we are now 3 seasons later at age 36.

Not much need to go on here but there are lots of younger player who are more likely to score in the top 10 at the end of the season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Lots of reasons actually.

1. his last full season (19-20) he was 19th in points, the season after his rate would have been even lower and here we are now 3 seasons later at age 36.

Not much need to go on here but there are lots of younger player who are more likely to score in the top 10 at the end of the season.

I think he'll fall in the 10-15 range somewhere, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up top 10. He clearly wants to go beast mode as much as he can to make his climb to the goal scoring record as easy as possible as he ages. He even seems like he's trimmed down a little and looks faster out there.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think he'll fall in the 10-15 range somewhere, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up top 10. He clearly wants to go beast mode as much as he can to make his climb to the goal scoring record as easy as possible as he ages. He even seems like he's trimmed down a little and looks faster out there.

9 of their first 14 games were at home and the others were basically in the same time zone.

This road trip out west won't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad