Podcast (Audio) Project Panthers

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
@JonathanHuberdoh

So I'm listening to the podcast, but I have an advantage because the Panthers played last night. Maybe not an advantage, but some of your topics and questions were answered in last night's game. That's not catching my attention, not good.

What are your thoughts on doing a podcast the day after a game, for say, 15 minutes? If you slow down your talking a bit, not only will you sound more like Jim Rome, but you'll easily get 15-20 minutes per episode.

Just a thought...

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
@JonathanHuberdoh

So I'm listening to the podcast, but I have an advantage because the Panthers played last night. Maybe not an advantage, but some of your topics and questions were answered in last night's game. That's not catching my attention, not good.

What are your thoughts on doing a podcast the day after a game, for say, 15 minutes? If you slow down your talking a bit, not only will you sound more like Jim Rome, but you'll easily get 15-20 minutes per episode.

Just a thought...
Thanks for the notes and for listening.

I am struggling with the idea of weekly podcasts, especially with this week's episode being outdated almost immediately.

I've wrestled with the idea of doing a smaller show after every game but editing/producing/packaging it is quite time consuming and I don't know if I'd have the time to do that every night on a consistent basis.

Still something I am considering though. Appreciate the feedback. Am I talking too quickly? Are you unable to understand what I say?

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Thanks for the notes and for listening.

I am struggling with the idea of weekly podcasts, especially with this week's episode being outdated almost immediately.

I've wrestled with the idea of doing a smaller show after every game but editing/producing/packaging it is quite time consuming and I don't know if I'd have the time to do that every night on a consistent basis.

Still something I am considering though. Appreciate the feedback. Am I talking too quickly? Are you unable to understand what I say?
And just take it as constructive criticism. By no means do I think it's bad. I really enjoy listening and have to do my part to make better notes and listen before I know game starts the following week.

No I can hear fine. I was just thinking that I really enjoy your voice , sounds a lot like Jim Rome to me. I know Jim is famous for taking long pauses that kind of keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for what he'll say next. I feel like you have that gift as well.

I totally understand that stuff takes time. I used to do a blue jays podcast, but wasn't nearly as professional as yours. Back when I was drinking I would have a smoke, and have a beer, and talk about the Blue Jays for half hour. :laugh:

Just something to consider.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If you want maybe try to get some of the guys (maybe batting?) who can do a short analytics piece for you monthly?

I thjnk sometimes we don’t look at the data because we are a small market team :)

Reactions: IM Clutcm

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
And just take it as constructive criticism. By no means do I think it's bad. I really enjoy listening and have to do my part to make better notes and listen before I know game starts the following week.

No I can hear fine. I was just thinking that I really enjoy your voice , sounds a lot like Jim Rome to me. I know Jim is famous for taking long pauses that kind of keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for what he'll say next. I feel like you have that gift as well.

I totally understand that stuff takes time. I used to do a blue jays podcast, but wasn't nearly as professional as yours. Back when I was drinking I would have a smoke, and have a beer, and talk about the Blue Jays for half hour. :laugh:

Just something to consider.
Thanks for the notes! Don't worry I welcome any critique, honestly. I only want to get better so any advice is very helpful, I promise :)

Also, funny you mention about the pauses. I've been editing some of them out in the first four episodes, for fear of having too much "dead air" (even though it's only a few seconds). Maybe I'll look to cut down on those/stop cutting it completely.

For me it's mostly editing and getting the show notes down that takes time. Maybe I don't need the show notes but I feel like they are convenient for those who may want them. I think it makes more sense to keep doing them at this point.

Also, love the idea of a Jays podcast haha. I use to work the games here in Toronto for the Fan 590 so it was almost like a pseudo podcast every night with angry fans calling in. Although I also worked those games during the Batista/Tulo/Donaldson haydays so it was also a ton of fun at times. Poor Mike Wilner LOL

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
If you want maybe try to get some of the guys (maybe batting?) who can do a short analytics piece for you monthly?

I thjnk sometimes we don’t look at the data because we are a small market team :)
Honestly I love the idea of taking a deeper dive. All I've ever wanted from this podcast is to drive more discussion about the Panthers online as I feel like our online presence is borderline non-existent.

Definitely open to it, especially if it's someone like Batting or someone else who is well versed in that stuff.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Honestly I love the idea of taking a deeper dive. All I've ever wanted from this podcast is to drive more discussion about the Panthers online as I feel like our online presence is borderline non-existent.

Definitely open to it, especially if it's someone like Batting or someone else who is well versed in that stuff.
Yep: I’d offer to help someone; I’m certainly not an expert so the idiot leading the blind etc etc

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Episode 5 of Project Panthers - "Old Friends" is now available! We're available on Spotify AND now on Apple Podcasts!

Where you can find me:

Youtube:

Spotify:
Apple: ‎Project Panthers on Apple Podcasts
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/projectpantherspod/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProjPanthers
Soundcloud: Project Panthers

Feel free to send your questions to:
[email protected]

Looking forward to any discussion on this week's episode. Lots of interesting happenings this week.

Thanks for listening!

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just finished listening, and made some notes. I'll share those maybe later on tonight.

My first immediate question no is did/do you skate?

I personally don't, I grew up in a rural setting on a gravel road, so the opportunity wasn't very plentiful. But my brother-in-law is a really good skateboarder . He even built a halfpipe in his garage, and every week some of his buddies come over to skate with him. Even has friends that are sponsored. Takes so much talent to do that. As an Arena worker, I kind of compare it to figure skating. That's what always blew my mind. The things those figure skaters did on the ice was magical. Not even going to get into how they don't even wear helmets!

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I just finished listening, and made some notes. I'll share those maybe later on tonight.

My first immediate question no is did/do you skate?

I personally don't, I grew up in a rural setting on a gravel road, so the opportunity wasn't very plentiful. But my brother-in-law is a really good skateboarder . He even built a halfpipe in his garage, and every week some of his buddies come over to skate with him. Even has friends that are sponsored. Takes so much talent to do that. As an Arena worker, I kind of compare it to figure skating. That's what always blew my mind. The things those figure skaters did on the ice was magical. Not even going to get into how they don't even wear helmets!
So here are my notes. (The skateboarding question remains to be answered :D) :

TB
  • Juuls seems to be and Qs dog house. We've seen before that this can be very hard to get out of, example being Saarella.
  • Are we even sure that Stammer scored that goal? I still have yet to see a definitive view of the puck going in the net. It is irrelevant now.
  • You did mention how Judge stood tall all night. Wasn't that one goal on Judge very weak? You seem to have skimmed over that.
CAR
  • I find it funny how you mentioned that you had to relax after that first.. Me myself, being a Kansas City Chiefs fan, I've learned that it's not over until it's over. These last three years I've seen a lot of remarkable football, and big-time comebacks. Watching them has turn me into a very calm sports fan.
  • Skateboarding question.
DET I
  • Judge had a bad first goal. I noticed that when you talk about Judge's bad goals, you almost always fall with with a "but". Not sure I've ever heard you do the same for Bob. Just something I've noticed.
  • Nice of you to mention Cheeka. I was watching the game on the Red Wing feed, and they had a nice piece on him during one of the intermissions.
DET II
  • Really nice to hear someone else on this forum say they don't think they lost that game due to Bob. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even watching the same game as other people. Yes, he did allow two not great goals, but the team only scored one goal. They have to do better if they want to continue to win more often than not.
  • I agree wholeheartedly on when Q mixes the lines. Just leave the lines alone and let the players play! As a player, there was not much more I would hate than having to be on a different line mid-game. Players like consistency.
  • Faceoffs! :pullhair: This has been a problem with this team most of the season, and it keeps rearing its ugly head at times. It needs to be addressed!

I am here to announce that I was very wrong about Gudas. He has been a great signing. Whether it's the physical aspect he brings, the leadership he probably carries and respect that I'm sure he gets from his teammates. Not to mention him being paired with Yands and keeping him bearable on this team. I thought he was going to regress, exactly the opposite. Again, great signing.

I wrote down the email for questions, and I'll be sure to get one in as soon as I think of a good one.

Keep up the good work!

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
So here are my notes. (The skateboarding question remains to be answered :D) :

TB
  • Juuls seems to be and Qs dog house. We've seen before that this can be very hard to get out of, example being Saarella.
  • Are we even sure that Stammer scored that goal? I still have yet to see a definitive view of the puck going in the net. It is irrelevant now.
  • You did mention how Judge stood tall all night. Wasn't that one goal on Judge very weak? You seem to have skimmed over that.
CAR
  • I find it funny how you mentioned that you had to relax after that first.. Me myself, being a Kansas City Chiefs fan, I've learned that it's not over until it's over. These last three years I've seen a lot of remarkable football, and big-time comebacks. Watching them has turn me into a very calm sports fan.
  • Skateboarding question.
DET I
  • Judge had a bad first goal. I noticed that when you talk about Judge's bad goals, you almost always fall with with a "but". Not sure I've ever heard you do the same for Bob. Just something I've noticed.
  • Nice of you to mention Cheeka. I was watching the game on the Red Wing feed, and they had a nice piece on him during one of the intermissions.
DET II
  • Really nice to hear someone else on this forum say they don't think they lost that game due to Bob. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even watching the same game as other people. Yes, he did allow two not great goals, but the team only scored one goal. They have to do better if they want to continue to win more often than not.
  • I agree wholeheartedly on when Q mixes the lines. Just leave the lines alone and let the players play! As a player, there was not much more I would hate than having to be on a different line mid-game. Players like consistency.
  • Faceoffs! :pullhair: This has been a problem with this team most of the season, and it keeps rearing its ugly head at times. It needs to be addressed!

I am here to announce that I was very wrong about Gudas. He has been a great signing. Whether it's the physical aspect he brings, the leadership he probably carries and respect that I'm sure he gets from his teammates. Not to mention him being paired with Yands and keeping him bearable on this team. I thought he was going to regress, exactly the opposite. Again, great signing.

I wrote down the email for questions, and I'll be sure to get one in as soon as I think of a good one.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you listening! Really appreciate your devotion to the show, means a lot to me that you and anyone else from here is listening! Cannot stress that enough.

As for the notes...

TB
-I did mention Judge's weak goal from Volkov. Something he should've had.

CAR
-Ya emotions were running high but I managed to keep my composure haha.
-And yes I have skated before. I skated for about 4 years but I stopped a little under 15 years ago though so it's been a long time since I've been on a board consistently. I can still land a kickflip though! I always dreamt of being sponsored when I was younger so good on your friends for achieving that.

DET I
-I will not deny that I may be easier on Driedgs, but I'll be honest it's difficult not to when one goalie is making 10 times more than the other. However in this instance, I mentioned for both weak goals that Driedger gave up that his "timing" of those goals made them less impactful. Both of those weak goals came when the team was up 3 goals. Again, that may just be dumb luck but as I said it obviously takes some of the sting away when it happens with a 3-goal lead instead of a 2-goal deficit.

DET II
-Could Bob have won us the game in Detroit? I mean sure, a shutout would've obviously yielded a different result. However he can't be blamed for that loss. We missed a bunch of assignments in our own zone during the 2nd period and that is nowhere near his fault. He played well enough for the team to get the win, they just didn't.
-And thank you for agreeing with me! I despise when Q randomly mixed the lines hoping for sporadic magic to happen. I don't get it.

Glad you're on the Radko train! Guy has been so great all season, he deserves all the fans!

Thanks again for the listen!!!!

Reactions: Cold Cat

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Episode 6 of Project Panthers, "Resilience" is now available! This week's episode features a question from a well known local around these parts ;) Please like and subscribe. If you have any questions or comments please let us know down below! We can open up discussion and we’ll answer questions on next week's show. Go Cats Go!

Where you can find us:

Spotify:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectpantherspod/

[email protected]

BTW, thanks for letting me continue to bump this thread and promote my show, and to anyone who has been listening. I really appreciate the support!!

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Episode 6 of Project Panthers, "Resilience" is now available! This week's episode features a question from a well known local around these parts ;) Please like and subscribe. If you have any questions or comments please let us know down below! We can open up discussion and we’ll answer questions on next week's show. Go Cats Go!

Where you can find us:

Spotify:

[email protected]

BTW, thanks for letting me continue to bump this thread and promote my show, and to anyone who has been listening. I really appreciate the support!!

I'll do my best to check it out before tomorrow night's game.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I listen to the Pod late last night. Thanks for answering my question! I really don't have any idea on faceoffs. I was a defenseman always, so I might have two face off under my belt, most likely both losses :laugh:. But I do agree, I think outside help is needed if they want to get serious about improving that area.

The lack of scoring lately worries me. You'd hate to see this team fall into a goal scoring Funk, especially when it relies so heavily on outscoring opponents for the most part.

Allowing the first goal and four straight games is also a concern. Playing catch-up hockey is no way to live.

The two together equals Trouble In My Mind. Hopefully some of this mess can start to straighten itself out this week.

Keep Up the good work! I truly enjoy listening!

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Panthers seem to hold their own in the faceoff circle last night, only losing the overall percentage 51 to 49%.

Another big test coming up next; Nashville is 11th in the league in faceoffs.

Nashville scored more than three goals only twice in February. If the Panthers can get the first goal on them, that would really put the pressure on Nashville to score.
Saying that though, there are no easy games in the league this year.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Panthers seem to hold their own in the faceoff circle last night, only losing the overall percentage 51 to 49%.

Another big test coming up next; Nashville is 11th in the league in faceoffs.

Nashville scored more than three goals only twice in February. If the Panthers can get the first goal on them, that would really put the pressure on Nashville to score.
Saying that though, there are no easy games in the league this year.

NSH also have 28th ranked PK so hopefully the guys can spark the PP again, feels like it's been slipping for weeks now?
Im curious what the first 10-11 games look like and the last 10-11 are on the PP?

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
9 for 25 on the PP (36%) through the first 11 games (5 of those PPG came against Detroit).

Last 10 games, they're 6 for 35 (17%) so a massive drop off in percentage over the last 10 games. Definitely not coincidental that our offensive output has also dropped.

I think it's time to change around the strategy. Put Verhaeghe in Barkov's spot, push Barkov to the point, move Yandle down to PP2 and Tippett to the the second unit.

The current strategy of passing it 1000 times until Ekblad gets open us obviously no longer viable. Time to adapt.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
9 for 25 on the PP (36%) through the first 11 games (5 of those PPG came against Detroit).

Last 10 games, they're 6 for 35 (17%) so a massive drop off in percentage over the last 10 games. Definitely not coincidental that our offensive output has also dropped.

I think it's time to change around the strategy. Put Verhaeghe in Barkov's spot, push Barkov to the point, move Yandle down to PP2 and Tippett to the the second unit.

The current strategy of passing it 1000 times until Ekblad gets open us obviously no longer viable. Time to adapt.
Love this. In my MS world, adaptacion is everything. Some say the best people in the world at adapting are people with MS.

I think the team that best adapts this season might just win the whole shebang! How does that saying go, adapt or die.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Ya this drop-off hurts big time, it's turned into a passing play instead of power play.
Thanks for crunching the numbers.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

Someone should definitely get a little creative, and moving Barkov into Ekblad's spot on the right side could be worth a shot. It's a problem that we have two players who should play on the left side (Huberdeau/Ekblad) and nobody who should play the right side (although Barkov could be the answer).

Related to that, it's also a problem that we can only pass back and forth on the left side between Yandle and Hubie, and Ekblad can only be used for one-timers because he is not as comfortable with the tiki-taka puck movement. It forces Yandle and Hubie to increase the difficulty and often allow the opponents to pressure them. Moving Ekblad to Yandle's position would not exactly help with that.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Ep. 7 of Project Panthers, "Recovery" is now available! Let's discuss the week that was Florida Panthers hockey! Please like and subscribe. If you have any questions or comments please do so! We can open up discussion and we’ll answer questions on next week's show. Go Cats Go!

Where you can find us:

Spotify:

[email protected]

Thanks for listening!

Reactions: SoupyFIN

Ad

Upcoming events