Podcast (Audio) Project Panthers

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hey everyone!

I have started a Florida Panthers podcast to start the season. It's called "Project Panthers". I'm going to be doing it on a weekly basis, and my main goal is just to help open up discussion for us Panthers fans and give us another way to communicate about the team.

I'll be reviewing the week that was in Florida Panthers hockey, offering up my opinions on what I've seen from the team over the previous 7(ish) days.

Honestly, this is mostly just for us fans. I can't imagine too many outsiders will be listening to the musings of a lost Florida Panthers fan, but I would love it if you fine folks gave it a listen and engaged with the show via comments or however you'd like.

I'll be adding new episodes each week, replying to this thread for updates instead of starting a new one each time (as long as the mods don't mind).

Here are some links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fmunv2YPiFskzcC1PLkCA
Project Panthers
https://twitter.com/ProjPanthers
https://www.instagram.com/projectpantherspod/

As of right now the podcast will only be on YouTube and SoundCloud. I'm just trying to finalize what host I want to use before I get the podcast onto Spotify, Stitcher and other podcast platforms.

Any follows on the above links would be greatly appreciated and I promise to follow back immediately lol.

So ya, that's it. I've known a lot of you on these boards for a very long time, this is just my way of trying to give back a bit and hope you find some entertainment and enjoyment in hearing me ramble about the Panthers each week.

First episode can be found here:

Thanks for your support!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone!

I have started a Florida Panthers podcast to start the season. It's called "Project Panthers". I'm going to be doing it on a weekly basis, and my main goal is just to help open up discussion for us Panthers fans and give us another way to communicate about the team.

I'll be reviewing the week that was in Florida Panthers hockey, offering up my opinions on what I've seen from the team over the previous 7(ish) days.

Honestly, this is mostly just for us fans. I can't imagine too many outsiders will be listening to the musings of a lost Florida Panthers fan, but I would love it if you fine folks gave it a listen and engaged with the show via comments or however you'd like.

I'll be adding new episodes each week, replying to this thread for updates instead of starting a new one each time (as long as the mods don't mind).

Here are some links:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fmunv2YPiFskzcC1PLkCA
Project Panthers
https://twitter.com/ProjPanthers
https://www.instagram.com/projectpantherspod/

As of right now the podcast will only be on YouTube and SoundCloud. I'm just trying to finalize what host I want to use before I get the podcast onto Spotify, Stitcher and other podcast platforms.

Any follows on the above links would be greatly appreciated and I promise to follow back immediately lol.

So ya, that's it. I've known a lot of you on these boards for a very long time, this is just my way of trying to give back a bit and hope you find some entertainment and enjoyment in hearing me ramble about the Panthers each week.

First episode can be found here:

Thanks for your support!

Congrats and all the best. I'll give it a listen later tonight.

I started up a podcast with my friends in April and we're doing fairly well. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help in any way.

What's the link?

Reactions: violaswallet

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Thank you all so much for the feedback and for listening! Really just hoping to connect Panthers fans from around the internet and open up more discussions so thank you for listening!

As far as guests go, format is still not locked down but I think I'll try and bring people in later on to open up discussions about specific topics and such.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'd happily be a quest but you'd be off the air after that ;) Ill have to give it a listen once I get a chance

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Congrats and good luck with the podcast. A good listen, objective commentary. I hope you eventually have guests (fans) on to bounce ideas and opinions off of.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Project Panthers - Episode 2, "Finding Ways" is up! SoundCloud is also available

Please like and subscribe if you enjoy what you're hearing, and feel free to open up discussion here, in the YouTube comments section or on our Instagram and Twitter account!

Brunswick,

I know I Said I was going to listen to your first episode and give notes, but stuff came up and it never happened. I will say I like this Half hour time better than the hour time I think that was last episode. A good easy listen .

As for my notes:
First off, has anyone ever told you you sound like Jim Rome? I couldn't put my finger on it first episode, but right away it clicked when I was listening to the second episode. A good radio Voice.

- I like how you didn't blame Bob for the two early goals versus Columbus in the first game they played. They were fluky hockey plays. You really can't blame him on those goals.

- Now you've mentioned that Judge has played really good. I wonder though, are Post problems starting to creep into his game? I had Detroit hitting two posts last game, plus one blown empty-net chance that the player Straight missed. His game before that against Columbus, I had them hitting three posts. Now I know these are not goals, heck, they're not even shots, but the worry is there on my part.

1. Interesting Stat about Hubìe. You did mention how you thought his last game was his best game played, so interesting to see if he starts to Trend upward.

2. Ek looks amazing! There's something about him that just loves the D (Detroit that is, as he's born in Windsor. Maybe it's a sense of Familiarity And being back close to home.

Looking forward to your next episode!

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Brunswick,

I know I Said I was going to listen to your first episode and give notes, but stuff came up and it never happened. I will say I like this Half hour time better than the hour time I think that was last episode. A good easy listen .

As for my notes:
First off, has anyone ever told you you sound like Jim Rome? I couldn't put my finger on it first episode, but right away it clicked when I was listening to the second episode. A good radio Voice.

- I like how you didn't blame Bob for the two early goals versus Columbus in the first game they played. They were fluky hockey plays. You really can't blame him on those goals.

- Now you've mentioned that Judge has played really good. I wonder though, are Post problems starting to creep into his game? I had Detroit hitting two posts last game, plus one blown empty-net chance that the player Straight missed. His game before that against Columbus, I had them hitting three posts. Now I know these are not goals, heck, they're not even shots, but the worry is there on my part.

1. Interesting Stat about Hubìe. You did mention how you thought his last game was his best game played, so interesting to see if he starts to Trend upward.

2. Ek looks amazing! There's something about him that just loves the D (Detroit that is, as he's born in Windsor. Maybe it's a sense of Familiarity And being back close to home.

Looking forward to your next episode!
Thanks so much for listening! Love the notes and comments, this is exactly what I'm hoping for from the podcast.

There isn't nearly enough Panthers content and homes for fans of them online. I'm trying to provide another place for us to chat and open up discussion!

I will say you are the first to ever say my voice sounds like Jim Rome. He's pretty accomplished so I'll definitely take it as a compliment haha.

As for Driedger, I think you have a solid point regarding goal posts. He's been a bit lucky in the last few games but I also don't think you can slight him for it. Guys often hit goal posts because the keeper looks big in net and they are trying to put it in a tight space. I think we've all seen how small Bob makes himself look in the net.

If it is just puck luck for Driedger, eventually that will even out. But right now he's sitting at a GAA near 2.00 and a save percentage of .937. That makes him the best goaltender in the NHL over the last season+. Tough to ignore that.

Reactions: Cold Cat

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Project Panthers - Episode 3, "Consistency"
is up! Also available on soundcloud:

Please like and subscribe if you enjoy what you're hearing, and feel free to open up discussion here, in the YouTube comments section or on our Instagram and Twitter account!

Reactions: SoupyFIN

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Project Panthers - Episode 3, "Consistency"
is up! Also available on soundcloud:

Dude you've got a sick radio/podcast voice lol

Any chance of making them available of Apple's podcast library?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Your point on Weegs being too fancy, you had suggested confidence and/or lack of focus but maybe its him seeing Ekblad doing things and wanting to do the same that Weegs just can't do.

• As you said, keep it simple. Its not as noticeable/consistent as Yandles blunders but he has broken up several plays in the DZ as well.

• We got to remember this only the 2nd year he's playing consistent top pairing minutes and you complimented Weegar later in the podcast with his pinch on one of the goals.
To you point of Rinne, we also saw this with Greiss, both did play well but we also made it easy for them as we rarely had traffic out front, most shots seemed to come from perimeter or shot right into the crest.

• We need more tips/deflections, cue the goal by Wennberg of all guys. Just as we have different looks on the PP, we need other creative plays on the OZ when 5 on 5. Whether we have the players capable of it is another question. So if we can't do it, again keep it simple and crash the net and get in the goalies face to throw them off their game.

Hoping Q will continue to give Tippett chances with one of Huberdeau or Barkov, they will find him and he will find his shot and once he does, it will take a huge weight off his shoulders.

• Its not working with Tipp and Vatrano, they play different styles and are both selfish shooters. As you said, he's finding his game and will be fine, he's never going to be a consistent game breaker, he will be a complimentary player who plays to his strengths of size, good speed and that wicked wrista
  • Frank is dump and chase and typically likes to be F1 laying big hits, where Tippett will lay a hit if need be but likes to be floating in as F2/F3 and heading to net looking to snipe, but he can also carry the puck through NZ and can pass the puck too.
Good review of the last couple games though, how are you feeling after a couple podcasts under your belt?
More comfortable and confident?

Need this win Tuesday and for it to be dominant to erase the fumble on Sunday.

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Dude you've got a sick radio/podcast voice lol

Any chance of making them available of Apple's podcast library?

I am working on getting these up on Spotify/Apple and all other major podcasts locations in the next few weeks. Thanks for listening!

Your point on Weegs being too fancy, you had suggested confidence and/or lack of focus but maybe its him seeing Ekblad doing things and wanting to do the same that Weegs just can't do.

• As you said, keep it simple. Its not as noticeable/consistent as Yandles blunders but he has broken up several plays in the DZ as well.

• We got to remember this only the 2nd year he's playing consistent top pairing minutes and you complimented Weegar later in the podcast with his pinch on one of the goals.
To you point of Rinne, we also saw this with Greiss, both did play well but we also made it easy for them as we rarely had traffic out front, most shots seemed to come from perimeter or shot right into the crest.

• We need more tips/deflections, cue the goal by Wennberg of all guys. Just as we have different looks on the PP, we need other creative plays on the OZ when 5 on 5. Whether we have the players capable of it is another question. So if we can't do it, again keep it simple and crash the net and get in the goalies face to throw them off their game.

Hoping Q will continue to give Tippett chances with one of Huberdeau or Barkov, they will find him and he will find his shot and once he does, it will take a huge weight off his shoulders.

• Its not working with Tipp and Vatrano, they play different styles and are both selfish shooters. As you said, he's finding his game and will be fine, he's never going to be a consistent game breaker, he will be a complimentary player who plays to his strengths of size, good speed and that wicked wrista
  • Frank is dump and chase and typically likes to be F1 laying big hits, where Tippett will lay a hit if need be but likes to be floating in as F2/F3 and heading to net looking to snipe, but he can also carry the puck through NZ and can pass the puck too.
Good review of the last couple games though, how are you feeling after a couple podcasts under your belt?
More comfortable and confident?

Need this win Tuesday and for it to be dominant to erase the fumble on Sunday.

With Weegar, I wasn't trying to be too hard on him. As you said I complimented him later as well. He's done a good job adjusting to his minutes but sometimes he makes an easy play look too difficult. I feel that will come with experience.

Regarding Rinne, I think he played a much stronger game than Greiss. Most of Greiss' saves were pretty simple. Square to the shooter and he made himself big and made the save. Rinne I found had to be much more active in his crease, jumping to make saves and he really had to work in that game. Greiss just wasn't challenged with enough quality scoring chances.

And yes, definitely hope OT starts seeing more consistent minutes. He needs some confidence to get his game going, you can see little sparks of it already coming out.

Loved the writeup and thank you once again for listening! I'm starting to feel more comfortable for sure, but it can be tough doing this on your own without someone to bounce off of. I'm thinking of adding a questions section for people to write in their thoughts/questions to increase engagement/interaction.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Episode 4 of Project Panthers - "Back to Earth" is now available! And for the first time, we're available on Spotify and Pocketcasts!

Where you can find me:

Spotify:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectpantherspod/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProjPanthers
Soundcloud: Project Panthers

Feel free to send your questions to:
[email protected]

Looking forward to any discussion on this week's episode. Lots of interesting happenings this week.

Thanks for listening!

I just followed on Spotify, and then in the process of listening to the episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad