Professional gambler pleads guilty to online threats of athletes

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Gambler who threatened Tampa Bay Rays players pleads guilty

A sports gambler, who was reported to have boasted wins of more than $1 million, has admitted that he sent a string of social media messages to Tampa Bay Rays players in 2019 that included threats to “sever your neck open” and “kill your entire family.”

Benjamin Tucker Patz, known by the online moniker Parlay Patz, pleaded guilty Tuesday to a single charge of transmitting a threat in interstate commerce. The crime carries a maximum prison term of five years and a possible fine of $250,000.

A criminal complaint filed a year ago said FBI agents suspected Patz sent more than 300 threatening messages to professional and college athletes and their families.

“”I will sever your neck open you pathetic (expletive),” the message stated. “I will enter your home while you sleep ... And sever your neck open ... I will kill your entire family ... Everyone you love will soon cease ... I will cut up your family ... Dismember them alive.”

....a story about the gambler from a few years ago

50 Days, $1.1 Million in Winnings and One Wild Ride: A Day Inside the 'Parlay Patz' Phenomenon | The Action Network

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad