Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
**** PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THIS TEAM****

Hey all!

Im going board to board to complete an authentic 31-pick HFBoard's version of the 2020 NHL Draft. Dont know if this is done already but Ive got too much time on my hands. Instead of simply going to the poll sections this allows each fan base to think about and vote for their choice based on whats left (not that everyone hasnt speculated that for months now lol) and I will post the results on the main board after it is completed. This would be after the Cup is awarded and we know the full official draft order

The list of options is based on Bob McKenzie's June 2020 Draft rankings with the highest twenty or so options available and one left for 'Other'. Once a team picks that player they are unavailable as to simulate a real draft. There is no option to trade picks or players - this is just a simple mock draft. About two days for each pick.

Link to the main board draft overview thread: Prodigy’s HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft Project - Live-Look Thread

Nashville - you are on the clock!

2020 NHL Draft - HFBoard's Mock

#1 - New York Rangers - Alexis Lafreniere - LW 6'1" 193
#2 - Los Angeles Kings - Quinton Byfield - C 6'4" 214
#3 - Ottawa Senators - Tim Stuetzle - C 5'11" 187
#4 - Detroit Red Wings - Cole Perfetti - LW 5'10" 185
#5 - Ottawa Senators - Lucas Raymond - RW 5'10" 183
#6 - Anaheim Ducks - Marco Rossi - C 5'9" 179
#7 - New Jersey Devils - Jamie Drysdale - D 5'11" 170
#8 - Buffalo Sabres - Anton Lundell - C 6'1" 187
#9 - Minnesota Wild - Alexander Holtz - RW 6'0" 183
#10 - Winnipeg Jets - Jake Sanderson - D 6'1" 187

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
I know each team has their own draft thread and I dont mean to split up conversations - I apologize if this causes problems.

Feel free to discuss as you wish though. I may bump this a few times to keep voting going - once I move on to the next pick the thread can be locked if moderators would like.

Thanks again everyone!
TOTAL VOTE COUNT SO FAR: 570

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Quinn is the guy for me
Out of those options, give me Quinn every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Ah jeez guys come on, make this poll interesting since I added 30 options !!

Lmao but for real the last three picks, if this one goes Quinn quickly, have been landslides so Im wondering when things break open and voting goes multiple ways

After this Askarov is the best on the board and Florida sure as f*** isnt taking him lol

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Ah jeez guys come on, make this poll interesting since I added 30 options !!

Lmao but for real the last three picks, if this one goes Quinn quickly, have been landslides so Im wondering when things break open and voting goes multiple ways

After this Askarov is the best on the board and Florida sure as f*** isnt taking him lol

Prospects with goalscoring ability are irresistible to Preds fans

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Quinn or Guhle there. Quinn is the #1 choice, and I know that at one point we were so tired of taking D in the first round, but it's kind of an area of need again, we have Tolvanen, Tomasino, Afanasyev, Pitlick and Trenin coming up on the wings. Guhle should be a good player, much better than his brother, especially defensively.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
no kidding we barely see guys crack 30 a year
I voted Jarvis because I worry if Quinn is a flash in the pan. My first choice is a trade down for more picks.

Who are the 2 others that got votes?
sometimes people just vote other when they wanna see the results - at least thats what Im left to assume since they dont comment who they voted for

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
Also not knowing how many daily users the Nashville board gets, ill likely leave this up for at least the 24 hours and see if Quinn is still leading by at least 50-60%

Feel free to mention if you think hes already won based on your experience of how many/who posts locally

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Quinn or Guhle there. Quinn is the #1 choice, and I know that at one point we were so tired of taking D in the first round, but it's kind of an area of need again, we have Tolvanen, Tomasino, Afanasyev, Pitlick and Trenin coming up on the wings. Guhle should be a good player, much better than his brother, especially defensively.

The reason why I wouldn't take Guhle that high is that since this is a deep draft, I think we shouldn't take any chances with #11 pick with a guy who's gonna go in the 16-25 area.

Also, because in this draft you have two defenseman who have separated themselves from the others and the rest who are gonna go in the first one and a half rounds are pretty close to even and interchangeable. We have two early 2nd's and we should get a pretty good D prospect there without having to spend the 1st on Guhle. Names that come to mind with one of the 2nds are: Helge Grans, Justin Barron (might not be there, though), Ryan O'Rourke.

Now, if Sanderson is still there at #11 and all the top forwards have gone, then I would definitely take him.

Pitaya

Dec 14, 2019
The reason why I wouldn't take Guhle that high is that since this is a deep draft, I think we shouldn't take any chances with #11 pick with a guy who's gonna go in the 16-25 area.

Also, because in this draft you have two defenseman who have separated themselves from the others and the rest who are gonna go in the first one and a half rounds are pretty close to even and interchangeable. We have two early 2nd's and we should get a pretty good D prospect there without having to spend the 1st on Guhle. Names that come to mind with one of the 2nds are: Helge Grans, Justin Barron (might not be there, though), Ryan O'Rourke.

Now, if Sanderson is still there at #11 and all the top forwards have gone, then I would definitely take him.
2021 is also pretty big with defensive prospects

Reactions: Scoresberg

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
If Quinn is there you have to take him. We need goal scorer and he has a nice shot and he plays really well in his own end and he’s pretty physical for his size. Pretty much the whole package. I was pretty high on Jarvis before we got the 11th pick and a chance at Quinn. So I wouldn’t mind if we went after Jarvis either their is a lot of pluses to his game as well.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

We do have two 2nds though, that's a good range to pick a defenseman or two.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
And with the 11th pick Nashville selects winger Jack Quinn! Great pickup for Nashville and was the likely top-off of the top-10 , though Lundell snuck in at 8!

Thanks again for voting guys and feel free to follow along with the rest of the mock draft through until the Cup finals!

Prodigy’s HFBoards 2020 NHL Draft Project - Live-Look Thread (currently at pick #12)

Thanks for doing this, it's interesting to see other teams' fans make their picks and that way their preferred player in the draft.

Reactions: Swiss Prodigy

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Askarov for me. I'm not sold on Saros for the future, and who knows if Ingram can make it at the NHL level.

There's a list of goalies drafted in the top-50 since 2000 in the Draft forum and it's not a pretty sight. Only a handful of goalies on that list have made it to the NHL and even fewer have succeeded. I'm not saying the 11th pick is shoe-in to make it either but at least looking at the track record, picking a skater in the 1st round is more likely to turn into an NHL'er whereas picking a goalie later is usually a better strategy.

I'd like to see us snag Joel Blomqvist with one of our 3rd rounders. Good, young Finnish goalie in the Kärpät organization which is exceptional at developing goalies.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I'd like to see us snag Joel Blomqvist with one of our 3rd rounders. Good, young Finnish goalie in the Kärpät organization which is exceptional at developing goalies.
If we know anything about Poile he likes taking goalies with late round picks. I think if we take a goalie we should take Askarov if he’s available rather than praying Ingram, Vomacka, Haider, Kloucek, Volkov, or another late round guy becomes our next Rinne. We’ve been taking one late round goalie for the past 5 years. I think Askarov will not be a Pickard or Finley, he looks like he’ll be a very good goalie or at the very least a starter which we need to have JIC Saros ain’t the real deal, then we don’t have any backup plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad