Private box at ACC question

lastnotice

Jun 23, 2010
If a big corporate company owns a private box at the ACC do they sell tickets to their employees for that box?

Also is the box open to all events at the ACC or only the Leaf/Raptors games?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
If a big corporate company owns a private box at the ACC do they sell tickets to their employees for that box?

Also is the box open to all events at the ACC or only the Leaf/Raptors games?

They do whatever they want with the tickets... generally, they give the tickets to their employees, often to entertain prospective or valued clients.

I believe the box requires the purchase of all Leaf & Raptor games, the company is given the option to purchase any incremental tickets, or leave their box closed for other events.

lastnotice

Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for your response seanlinden.

What I was wondering was can they sell tickets to their employees? Does the box have numbered seating for that to occur?

CBA

Oct 18, 2009
Toronto
The boxes do not have numbered seating really. It is a first come first serve model and they can fit about 20 people in total.

Theoretically since the box is already paid for they can turn around and sell the tickets to employees to recover some costs but I can't imagine any of the companies who own/split a luxury suite at the ACC doing this.

Usually a VP or C-Level gives them out to employees as a spiff or takes clients to schmooze.

Northern Dancer

The future ain't what it used to be.
Mar 2, 2002
5 K from the ACC
Boxes are for all events, hockey, b-ball, lacrosse and rock concerts. Companies pay a flat fee for the year and it covers tickets every event at the ACC but does not include food and drink. They can do whatever they want with the tickets. I doubt very much any company would charge for tickets but they would probably not cover the food and drinks for that event.

Last edited:

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
The boxes do not have numbered seating really. It is a first come first serve model and they can fit about 20 people in total.

Theoretically since the box is already paid for they can turn around and sell the tickets to employees to recover some costs but I can't imagine any of the companies who own/split a luxury suite at the ACC doing this.

Usually a VP or C-Level gives them out to employees as a spiff or takes clients to schmooze.

I don't think this is true, my fathers employer had a 3rd row box with 10 seats, and everytime I went it was only the 10 people sitting who were ever in the box area during intermissions.

Most companies give them away to employees or clients, I can't see why they would sell them when they could really boost employee moral by giving them away. This is of course, assuming it's a large company (like my dad's was unilever), and not a small one.

Also, a lot of the time they wouldn't even use the box area, instead just giving the individual tickets away for use. The expense a company has to take to open the box area is ridiculous, and can usually run up several thousand for one game.

Feb 24, 2004
I don't think this is true, my fathers employer had a 3rd row box with 10 seats, and everytime I went it was only the 10 people sitting who were ever in the box area during intermissions.

Most companies give them away to employees or clients, I can't see why they would sell them when they could really boost employee moral by giving them away. This is of course, assuming it's a large company (like my dad's was unilever), and not a small one.

Also, a lot of the time they wouldn't even use the box area, instead just giving the individual tickets away for use. The expense a company has to take to open the box area is ridiculous, and can usually run up several thousand for one game.

You're talking about two different boxes. Durrr is talking platinum boxes - which have number seats because the box itself is under the stands - and the Air Canada Club boxes, which do not have numbered seats (not 100% sure as I've never sat in one).

CBA

Oct 18, 2009
Toronto

We must be talking about different sections - I'm referencing the 200 level private boxes. Lucky enough to have gone in one before but never sat down near the 100 level row suites.

Looked just like this:

200-executive-1.jpg

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
We must be talking about different sections - I'm referencing the 200 level private boxes. Lucky enough to have gone in one before but never sat down near the 100 level row suites.

Looked just like this:

200-executive-1.jpg

Ohh woops yeah, I was talking about the platinum boxes.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for your response seanlinden.

What I was wondering was can they sell tickets to their employees? Does the box have numbered seating for that to occur?

They could... although it wouldn't really matter if the seats were numbered or not...

lastnotice

Jun 23, 2010
FWIW my question was in regards to the 200 level private boxes. Sorry for any confusion.

Leafs99

Jan 15, 2007
The expense a company has to take to open the box area is ridiculous, and can usually run up several thousand for one game.

"Expense" being the key word...corporations can usually make such spending tax-deductible.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
. The expense a company has to take to open the box area is ridiculous, and can usually run up several thousand for one game.

I sat in HP's seats once, the 1st row behind the Visitors bench and they also have a Suite underneath. They have 10 seats total and I'm guessing by the end of the night it would have cost them about $700 - $800 a head.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00