Confirmed with Link: Prison Break: Jake Gardiner Freed

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought Jake played well for the most part, I didn't expect him to be the saviour so my expectations were in check. Made some nice plays, and didn't hurt or help the team. Interesting he did finish the night a -2. Thank god he's not Holzer or Kostka, they would have been burnt at the stake if they were -2 tonight.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
This kid's going to be BIG! He was buzzing all night and he was far better than his 0P -1 night suggests. At worst he's slightly better than Hole-zer defensively and miles ahead offensively.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Thought he played very capably. Skated well, distributed the puck well, made some great offensive plays, had one really good 2-on-1 break-up. Needs to pick his spots better on when to go on the offensive, though. And you can tell he's shy about taking contact, as well, likely the result on his concussion. Hopefully it's something he becomes more comfortable with as the season progresses, as I don't recall this level of shyness last season.

SnipeCheeseAllDay

Jan 16, 2007
Toronto
He looked great tonight, was all over the place creating chances and not looking nervous at all. Feels good to have an asset like that back into the lineup.

Now just wait until we have Rielly, Gardiner and Phaneuf as our top 3. Beautiful.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Gardiner was great tonight IMO. He could easily have had 3 points tonight.

Buzzing all over the ice. He might be -1 but that was a goal Reimer should have had IMO.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
who will Leaf fans pick on now? I have a feeling JVR is on deck

Couldn't see it. Grabovski is having a bad year and he's been hearing about it alot....

Remember when MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin was a god-tier second line? My god if they could only do that now imagine the powerhouse of a team we could put together...

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Leads the team in goals, 3rd in scoring. I don't see why he will be critiqued? Hardly a non factor on our team this year.

he has cooled off and looks invisible sometimes - that's why I said on deck - he's not up yet but I could see the fans getting on him in the near future

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He played an amazing transition game.

PLayed well defensively too, and was physical at times. Using all his skills to impress the coach.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Played a lot more physical game than he did last season. Good to see.

His outlet passing is just as good as ever and so is his timing on when to jump in the rush. Almost potted one high blocker on a sweet feed from Kadri in the 2nd.

Glad to have him back :)

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
I thought Jake played well for the most part, I didn't expect him to be the saviour so my expectations were in check. Made some nice plays, and didn't hurt or help the team. Interesting he did finish the night a -2. Thank god he's not Holzer or Kostka, they would have been burnt at the stake if they were -2 tonight.

He didn't help the team? First of all he was -1 at no fault of his own. He also created a ton of chances offensively adding an extra element to the offence, he was also very sound defensively. With any luck he could of easily of gotten 2-3 points. How is that not helping?

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
he was skating amazingly and carrying the puck amazingly and was making nice slap passes and shots from the point... Only thing i noticed is his breakout passes weren't as crisp as usual they were like wrist shots but that will come

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad