Confirmed with Link: Prison Break: Jake Gardiner Freed

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think Gardiner will help the leafs with getting more goals, but the question is will he help us keep the goals against down. Randy's not a run and gun style guy, hope Gardiner is reponsible in his own end. But it will be cool to see him up and what he can do, watched him in the AHL and he was the best guy on the ice many nights.

Can't be worst than Holzer and Kostka to be quite honest.

Holzer being a -12 in 22 games is pretty bad.

Gardiner may not crush people or be a beast defensively, but he won't crumble under the slight pressure from the other team. He can skate and actually make a pass under pressure.

Holzer and Kostka are decent depth players but they were massively over played.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Next step: replace Gunnar with Komisarek.

In b4 people ignoring Komisarek's play and saying "He sucked under Wilson, so he also sucks under Carlyle" talk. Matter of fact is, he had been pretty good in limited time this season.

he also lost weight and looked faster out there but he had a fight with a stick and list respect apparently. Only 1 hot head allowed in Randy mans room and its him!

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Why do people keep saying things like "Gardiner isn't going to single-handedly win you games, so don't get your hopes up."

Who has said he was the antidote to all our problems?

Gardiner should help improve our puck possession, something that has been lacking of late. We can't get it out of our zone, up to our forwards, or into the other team's zone. He should help improve (see: not solve) these areas.

No matter what, he's an upgrade on Kostka/Holzer.

This is an improvement, not a solution, so quit arming yourselves up with told-ya-so's for when the Leafs lose their next game.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
As long as he plays with Kadri he should be ok. Kadri is our best puck possession guy and he is always looking for the open man trailing the play

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
So Liles and Gardiner are both playing?

Between the two of them and Franson, our D should actually be able to beat the forechecker now.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Maybe we need to start the #freekomi movement.

no and u gotta stop with this nonsense. everytime he touches the puck its a giveaway, my buddy was a komi fan till i showed him this, EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE PUCK its a giveaway, either a bad pass, or just flicked the puck off the glass and to the other team, or just straight up gives it away. Komi was worse than Schenn last year and Schenn was real bad.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Maybe we need to start the #freekomi movement.

Sometimes I felt like I was the only one but guys like Holzer wake people up. Komi had been a solid D until Wilson but people around here dont relate coaching style and tasks on ice with player performance. Lets not forget Lupul wanting to play the off wing and Carlyle saying no, Grabo wanting to be an offensive forward (its what he is) same result or some of the other weird Randy theories like Russians play better against Russians better (see:Pits loss Crosby vs. Bozak and the second period switch to Grabo vs Crosby) Kostka, Holzer etc the list for Eakins is already growing because Carlyle is to stubborn to make the snap decision and pull the trigger. 1st line is outscored but Bozak is apparently the guy, I give up honestly. We trade facts and stats for hearsay and uninformed public opinion polls in Toronto, we buy into whatever they say...Ron Wilson coined Bozak-Kessel chemistry but dont look at the lines overall production shortcomings, well, Ron Wilson was an idiot and Kessel is a star player same with Lupul, McC could C that line and have the same production as Bozak plus maybe turn it into a + line but whatever Bozak can bail out naerly everytime he is about to be checked or send a behind the back pass out in the middle to the opposition on a nightly basis and people will only talk chemistry and how hreat the attempt was, whatever

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Why do people keep saying things like "Gardiner isn't going to single-handedly win you games, so don't get your hopes up."

Who has said he was the antidote to all our problems?

Gardiner should help improve our puck possession, something that has been lacking of late. We can't get it out of our zone, up to our forwards, or into the other team's zone. He should help improve (see: not solve) these areas.

No matter what, he's an upgrade on Kostka/Holzer.

This is an improvement, not a solution, so quit arming yourselves up with told-ya-so's for when the Leafs lose their next game.

there just trying to prepare the media before they start asking gardiner 1000000000 questions why the team isn't winning (if they keep losing)

Penalty Kill Icing*

no and u gotta stop with this nonsense. everytime he touches the puck its a giveaway, my buddy was a komi fan till i showed him this, EVERY TIME HE TOUCHES THE PUCK its a giveaway, either a bad pass, or just flicked the puck off the glass and to the other team, or just straight up gives it away. Komi was worse than Schenn last year and Schenn was real bad.

Who was the coach last year?

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Sometimes I felt like I was the only one but guys like Holzer wake people up. Komi had been a solid D until Wilson but people around here dont relate coaching style and tasks on ice with player performance. Lets not forget Lupul wanting to play the off wing and Carlyle saying no, Grabo wanting to be an offensive forward (its what he is) same result or some of the other weird Randy theories like Russians play better against Russians better (see:Pits loss Crosby vs. Bozak and the second period switch to Grabo vs Crosby) Kostka, Holzer etc the list for Eakins is already growing because Carlyle is to stubborn to make the snap decision and pull the trigger. 1st line is outscored but Bozak is apparently the guy, I give up honestly. We trade facts and stats for hearsay and uninformed public opinion polls in Toronto, we buy into whatever they say...Ron Wilson coined Bozak-Kessel chemistry but dont look at the lines overall production shortcomings, well, Ron Wilson was an idiot and Kessel is a star player same with Lupul, McC could C that line and have the same production as Bozak plus maybe turn it into a + line but whatever Bozak can bail out naerly everytime he is about to be checked or send a behind the back pass out in the middle to the opposition on a nightly basis and people will only talk chemistry and how hreat the attempt was, whatever

Komi has sucked since he got knocked out by Lucic,

and i agree bozak is awful, he never carries the puck, he looks up and passes it to kessel THATS IT. useless.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
He's right guys. Keep Komi far away from the Maple Leafs. I don't want to see him play ok for 10 minutes then cost us the game by making a stupid decision in his own zone.

Penalty Kill Icing*

lol i am a RW hater aswell, but Komi sucks. give it up. he sucks

We endured Holzer and Kostka long enough under Carlyle. Komisarek needs to be seen for at least half of the games that Holzer-Kostka played under Carlyle to be judged a bad player under a defensive coach.

leafstilldeath*

THIS!!! I am sick of Bozak. One good game and then sucks for 10 games. Please Put Grabo on the first line already!!! Randy are you listening??? Or do you have your pinky in your ear clearing ear wax (as we see u do all the time)

Make it Happen Damn It!!!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's right guys. Keep Komi far away from the Maple Leafs. I don't want to see him play ok for 10 minutes then cost us the game by making a stupid decision in his own zone.

Holzer did that almost every night and Kostka started trending the same.

DaveT83*

If Komi gets injured - say good bye to buying him out this summer.

Komi deserves to rotin press box. End of story.

He could always wave his NMC right?

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I can't believe how short the memories around here are. Komisarek was the worst Maple Leafs defensemen every given night since he signed. Without him we would have been a few points better at the end of every season. He made a terrible defense look worse. Him and Schenn were major reasons why our PK sucked too. Hes a flat footed defenseman who can't make decisions quick enough to keep up with the pace of the game. Simply terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->