Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now Americans. (Take vicious shots at Royal Family on Oprah)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I'm disappointed in Harry if I'm honest. I feel like he is the most relatable Royal to us common folk. I've been in his presence, though not met or spoke to him as he has visited my home town of Nottingham (England) several times. He's very good in working with young people and wanting to tackle modern day issues for young people. I feel like Meghan has changed him for the worse. I don't get the impression they're half as bothered about mixing with 'the people' as much as Harry has been. It's almost like they now want to be seen as celebrities as opposed to Royals.

The meeting the Royal Family held regarding the issues, attended by all but Meghan who fled to Canada.

I think it will be superb for Canada when thinking about the increased tourism it will bring (even though Canada doesn't need it). However, I worry the Canadians will be forced into paying for them rather than them living entirely independently. Regardless of what they want, they will never live a day in their lives without armed protection nearby and someone has to pay for it, if they aren't in the UK, it won't be us. So if it does turn out that Canada will have to pay for them for 6 months of each year, I hope the money is not taken from the Canadian people but from money the tourism industry will likely reap from their residence in Canada.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Over here in the UK we are amused by the fact that they want to step back and make "their own" money, but they are expecting same level of security paid for at tax payers expense. If they move to Canada, Canada would be obligated to pay for ALL security in both Canada and US. If they move to the States? Nope.

no one has suggested they are stupid

violab

Nov 28, 2017
I wish the MSM would stop saying they have to go through the same hoops as others to gain Canadian citizenship. The reality is the papers are ready and the citizenship judge is on call awaiting the couple's decision. If they awake one morning and decide to become citizens they will be sworn that afternoon.
No reason why we wouldn't give them same treatment as athletes.

Last edited:

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
source.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

May 20, 2011
BC
Who else remembers Old Spice + Dikembe Mutumbo saving the world through the Royal Family?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
........and now that they have contracts with Netflix, Amazon, Random House and a few other places to make sure they get paid..they cut all ties with the royal family

Sep 19, 2008
They will appear on TV tomorrow to give their side of the story

Basically British tabloids and the Royal Family harassed them to the point where they could not take it anymore

Harry - English media is awful

Meghan - Royal Family is awful and won't let me speak

They have legitimate concerns and are throwing haymakers at the Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad