Primeau's mom not on his side

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Johnnybegood13, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Johnnybegood13

Johnnybegood13 Registered User

"If I can't convince my mom about the issues, how do I explain them to the fans who work their hands to the bone in their various jobs every day?

"I understand that with the money we make, it would be asinine to suggest to the average worker that there is a problem with money. But this (labour dispute) is about much more than dollars.

"I just wish people knew the intricacies involved."

Well for starters Keith you could try explaining those "intricacies" to the fans and your mom so you don't look like a greety nitwit!

but mom!

2. Lobstertainment

Lobstertainment Oh no, my brains.

Burger Flipper
    I can just picture the 6'4" 225 pound Primeau being drug by the ear behind a woodshed by some old 5' nothing lady screaming the whole way. :lol

ohhhhh mercy.
    Still now I expect in 12 hours that her words will have been taken out of context >_>

3. Johnnybegood13

Johnnybegood13 Registered User

LOL :bow:

i'm not shamed to admit my mother could do it to me though...and i'm close to that size :speechles

4. velimiiro

velimiiro Guest

....thats a big *****!

5. Dave is a killer

Dave is a killer Dave's a Mess

Home Page:
    well she also has a son named Wayne whose job could possibly be cut by the strike/lockout

6. Benji Frank

Benji Frank Registered User

Home Page:
    Opposite ends of the spectrum too more or less.... I wonder if Keith has been able to convince Wayne on the intricacies of this dispute.....

7. pei fan

pei fan Registered User

On behalf of HFBoards I hereby inform you that you have been nominated for the
    top ten funny posts of the year. For your efforts you will receive an autograghed
    8 by 10 glossy of Primeau's Mom(out behind the woodshed of course ).
    Congratulations. :D

8. quat

quat winsome, loathsome

artist
    Home Page:

Yeah, it's kind of classic political nonsense. If only you could understand how difficult it is...

9. BLONG7

BLONG7 Registered User

Home Page:
    Too funny, but true... I would love to see Knob Goodenow tell her to retract her statement, saying she just was not well informed... :lol: :handclap:

10. I.am.ca

I.am.ca Guest

Is Mats Sundin's mom on his side about the strike?

Does this mean the end of Mats mom making him Chunky Soup?...

Same bat channel...same bat time...

11. DuklaNation

DuklaNation Registered User

I find it funny that Primeau's idea of charity is playing a pickup game and charging people money to see it. I hope these players are actually donating money as well.

12. SENSible1*

SENSible1* Guest

I am anything but pro-player in this dispute, but Primeau, along with other NHLers, using their fame and skill to generate money for a charity is worthwhile and deserving of praise, even if they keep their wallets closed.

13. Dr Love

Dr Love Registered User

Gunslinger
    Well the upside for Mrs. Primeau is that she doesn't have to side with one son and not the other.

14. DuklaNation

Wow, big sacrifice on his part. Most people I know involved in charity have full time jobs, families, financial commitments, yet make the time to be involved. Primeau and other players big contribution is playing a pickup game. Keep it in perspective, these guys could do a lot more.

15. GoneFullHextall

GoneFullHextall even the llama laughs at the mascot.

4 words
    NEVER MESS WITH MOM

16. kurt

kurt the last emperor

Home Page:
    Opposite sides?

I think there's a strong possibility that the Wayne Primeaus of the league stand to lose a lot more from the NHL's attempt at imposting a cap than the Keith Primeaus of the league do. No matter what happens, the superstars of the league are going to be the most sought after, as they're the guys that can make the biggest impact on a franchise. In a world with a hard cap, teams will free up as much space as they can to bring in these players. What would this mean? The role-players of the league would make a lot less money.

In response to the overall subject, I get a kick out of how the media's always talking about how the NHLPA is getting killed in the "court of public opinion". What frustrates me is, few reporters comment on WHY. The thing is, fans in Canada are biased, plain and simple. Pretty much every team in Canada (except Toronto) would benefit greatly from the hard cap the owners are pushing for. They're struggling to compete under the current system. Of course the vast majority of the fans are on the owners side. Thankfully, this dispute won't be decided in the "court of public opinion."

17. YellHockey*

YellHockey* Guest

And how much have you done for charities recently?

18. I.am.ca

I.am.ca Guest

No matter how old you are, your Mom is still able to slap you upside the head and have you saying "Ouch Mom, i'm sorry, i'm sorry" and have you confused.

I hope Keith is getting alot of those. Wayne is probably in the good books for good till he does something stupid.

19. DuklaNation

I do free tax returns for the poor and provide bookkeeping assistance for local fundraisers. Even I could do more. If I was rich, I would do more.

Don't heep praise on someone like Primeau for playing a pickup game in order to get everyone else to donate. My point is to keep this in perspective. What he's doing takes VERY little effort.

If you guys think otherwise, get involved in charity and you'll see what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.