Prime Lidstrom getting burned?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I have yet to see a clip in this thread of a prime Lidstrom getting burned.

Lidstrom had an extensive prime, from the 1997 playoffs through to the 2006 playoffs, so I am sure we can find some clips in YT land...or can we?

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
He got burned by Niedermeyer in the World Cup '96. Which was just before his prime.

Padan

Aug 16, 2006
Lidstrom was often getting burned while playing for the national team, as he often performed sub-par in international tournaments (with the exception of 2006 Olympics).

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDhzhSLdmPE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Just found video of Umberger burning him pretty good in sometime in 2007.

In the modern day, I would not call that Lidstrom getting burned. I would call that poor goaltending and improper coverage of the side of the net by the goalie.

That said, such goals would have happened to Lidstrom far more in the 80's and early 90's due to the size of goalie pads not giving the same coverage and standup styles of goalies making simply angling off the puck carrier a riskier proposition. One had to more aggressively attack the lone puck carrier for just that reason back then. Umberger entered the zone alone, and thus, had nobody to pass to, so there was no reason not to take him to the boards with 2 other wings back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad