Prime Kesler vs Prime Lucic

Who was better in their prime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
In light of their recent Twitter battle, who do you think was the better player during their prime?

Kesler’s prime:

2x 70 point seasons
1x 40 goal seasons
Selke trophy
19 points in Canucks 2011 SCF run

Lucic’s prime:

2x 60 point seasons
1x 30 goal seasons
12 points in Bruins 2011 SCF run (won Cup)
19 points in Bruins 2013 SCF run

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
In light of their recent Twitter battle, who do you think was the better player during their prime?

Kesler’s prime:

2x 70 point seasons
1x 40 goal seasons
Selke trophy
19 points in Canucks 2011 SCF run (didn't win Cup)
Added a key point in bold.

Obviously Kesler. Kesler gets this poll, Lucic gets the Cup. All even

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Not even remotely close. A prime Kesler was insanely well-rounded, playing Selke-defense and putting up elite goal totals.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
40g Selke winner or low end first liner. Hmm this one is easy.

He scored over 26 goals one time. Another poster above also cited Kesler's elite goal scoring... what elite goal scoring?

This does compare apples to oranges however.

I prefer Lucic using hindsight and using only Lucic's prime years. He was a difference maker in the playoffs, a leader, and set the tone for a significant culture change in Boston (along with Chara, Bergeron, Savard).

Kesler was also a good player with one very good year which happened to line up with the rest of his team's incredible season.

I am glad Kesler never won the Cup with how he handled Lucic on Twitter, resorting to a childish personal attack on appearance.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He scored over 26 goals one time. Another poster above also cited Kesler's elite goal scoring... what elite goal scoring?

I prefer Lucic using hindsight and using only Lucic's prime years. He was a difference maker in the playoffs, a leader, and set the tone for a significant culture change in Boston (along with Chara, Bergeron, Savard).

Kesler was also a good player with one very good year which happened to line up with the rest of his team's incredible season.

I am glad Kesler never won the Cup with how he handled Lucic on Twitter, resorting to a childish personal attack on appearance.

Lucic also only scored more than 26 goals once and that’s without the Selke level defense.

Kesler only had one very good year? What about the two years before the Selke year where he put up 59 then 75 points getting Selke nominations in each of those years? Or the year he hit 58 in Anaheim and was runner up for the Selke. All four of those seasons were better than any individual year Lucic had.

varano

Jun 27, 2013

You think you're biased PatriceBergeronFan?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Certainly. I also think Kesler is overrated.
How? He's almost universally disliked on this board. However, even posters who hate him can admit that he was a top two way centre in his prime who could remain competitive in the Selke fight against the likes of Datsyuk and Bergeron, yet also bring an edge to his game. That's a much more useful piece than Milan ****ing Lucic. Milan had some good years, don't get me wrong, but his peak doesn't even graze Kesler's.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kesler has the ability to neutralize other team’s top lines in the way that guys like: Toews, Kopitar, and Bergeron did. He was excellent at that, despite how much of a douche player he was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad