prime: Chara vs Stevens vs Pronger

prime

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Then how does Chara belong in the conversation? They each have one trophy, and Stevens won a Conn Smythe on a very good Devils roster. I get that he played in the 80's & 90's so his points might be slightly inflated. I voted Pronger, but people in this thread are sleeping on Stevens. His competition for the Norris was a hell of a lot harder than Chara's and it's not like Chara has multiple Norris'

I wonder how much of it is because Stevens' best offensive days were before a lot of HF posters probably followed hockey too closely due to age.

Reactions: North Cole

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Then how does Chara belong in the conversation? They each have one trophy, and Stevens won a Conn Smythe on a very good Devils roster. I get that he played in the 80's & 90's so his points might be slightly inflated. I voted Pronger, but people in this thread are sleeping on Stevens. His competition for the Norris was a hell of a lot harder than Chara's and it's not like Chara has multiple Norris'

Yeah it's weird that people are implying that Chara should be second to Pronger. Stevens is definitely ahead of Chara. His peak was better and it isn't as if Chara has been a top defenceman for much longer, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad