Post-Game Talk: Pricer stymies Laffs in shootout, 6-5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Legendary post. It's a shame this is going to get burried eventually. You should honestly keep a copy of it somewhere and just add to it and repost it whenever MB does something new

Thanks, very kind of you. I don't like to bring it up unless I see an onslaught of comments that cherrypick his best moves and mostly leave out the majority of what his tenure has been.

I was really hoping he'd have done something concrete this summer just so that last summer would not have looked like an isolated time in his tenure. Here we are, mostly with the same team that finished in no man's land.

Reactions: knuck

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
To all the Price Haters:

1. You have NO CLUE about the game of hockey.
2. Price is worth every penny of the 10.5 millon dollars for the Entirety of the contract.
3. Besides getting the best goalie in the world you get a leader on and off the ice.
4. He is the most respected NHL goalie for the last few years by NHL PLAYERS which have a little more insight (dropping sacrasm) than you
5. His number will be retired and sent to the rafters as it SHOULD be.
6. If you think this sounds like a pissed of post, congrats you finally from figured something out.

I am sooooo tired of hearing about the whinng about Price, will he have a few bad nights..sure he's human. but 30 other teams wish they had him.

Amazing game by Pricer... Seeing an image of you lifting the cup would make my year... One day soon!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Someone needs to create a Wheel of Excuses Leafs Edition.

I don't know who made this but it fits the bill.

xYFO7fB.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meh... someone took my original design and pasted Leafs logos over it. Same design and text.

You made the template? Why are you hiding those shooping skills from us? :D

Reactions: jaffy27

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You made the template? Why are you hiding those shooping skills from us? :D
I'm better at one-offs than GDTs and I need to be inspired. I came up with the Wheel of Excuses in 2013 when the Bruins made me nauseous. I also made a few memes about the Leafs. I'll dig 'em up and post them tomorrow...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm better at one-offs than GDTs and I need to be inspired. I came up with the Wheel of Excuses in 2013 when the Bruins made me nauseous. I also made a few memes about the Leafs. I'll dig 'em up and post them tomorrow...

Looking forward to it. Why not cobble up some of your material for a GDT while you're at it?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I wrote about it a few weeks ago when some pumped MB's tires and claimed that he had turned a corner last summer. And here we are, none of the team's major needs addressed, just lateral moves this past summer.

One good summer last year does not make up for his prior years which are marred with incompetence, a reactive rather than a proactive approach, the absence of a plan and how it was only in year 7 of his tenure that he finally decided to build through the draft (even if there are still mixed signals at play).

And since he's done nothing of consequence this summer, the following list maintains its relevance:
  • Missing the playoffs 3 out of the last four years is abysmal.
  • Hiring Therrien, Lefebvre et als and then holding on to them too long, is abysmal.
  • He went out of his way to keep Lefebvre's job open while he took nearly two months to try and find an assistant coaching job in the NHL. No one wanted him but MB gladly took him back.
  • The GM claiming that this was supposed to be a reset and he ends up in no man's land with the worst lottery pick while he's supposedly resetting. No sense.
  • The GM gutted the whole left side of the D and replaced Markov with Alzner. And then claimed the D was better than the year before. You can't make this stuff up.
  • Took him 7 years to shore up the center position cause apparently, "they're not available." Meantime, several centers moved about during those 7 years.
  • He trades his Norris winning D for a D who is almost 4 years older and doesn't get an offset for the age difference.
  • He fails to recognize where the league is going, relying instead on slow, lead footed acquisitions that cost his team futures. Abysmal.
  • Upon being hired, he claimed he was going to build through the draft. And only began doing that in his 7th summer. Abysmal.
  • The Habs have always been a cap team but somehow, he manages to go through two consecutive seasons with massive cap room and not use it. Abysmal.
  • He's been clueless, getting saved from himself by the stupidity of others. He went in deep with Lucic, Bonino and Belesky. Only other GMs saved him from more Alzner-deals.
  • He overpaid Price. A goalie should never be a franchise player. No Stanley Cup winning teams in the last 25 years had a goalie as their franchise player.
  • After he overpays his no. 1 goalie, he didn't have anyone remotely close in talent to be able to take over from Price in the event of injury. Only much later did he begin to address it and it cost him a series and a season. Poor planning. Abysmal.
  • He made public ultimatums in his negotiations with Radulov and Markov and ended up losing both and had no Plan B. He ended up signing Alzner and Hemsky, lol. Abysmal.
  • Rick Dudley. Nuff said. Abysmal.
  • Larry Carrière and his son. Abysmal.
  • He inherited a good core and two compliance buyouts and squandered them.
  • He made sure that his childhood friend JJD would get an assistant coaching position over Larry Robinson and manufactured a lame excuse for never giving him an opportunity. Abysmal and unprofessional.
  • He's lied repeatedly to the fanbase. "PK will be a Canadien for a long time." And trades him a few weeks later. Abysmal.
  • Has not had a plan that he's implemented since his first day on the job. Continues to wing it. Last season was supposed to be a reset, implying that it should have put the team in a position to keep improving his core. Instead of that, he made no moves to favor the reset at the TDL, he held on to all of his roster in an effort to make the playoffs. Meantime, the Rangers, who were in the same place as the Habs when they announced their rebuild, schooled MB on how it's done.
  • He's repeatedly taken fans for idiots with statements about "I can't tell you what we're planning, other GMs might be listening." Funny how the Rangers didn't hide what they were doing and were able to implement their plan successfully.
  • He chased Drouin for all the wrong reasons and let go an asset that could have been groomed for the top 4 or even top 2 as a LD. And continues to feature a gaping hole at first pairing LD. Abysmal.
  • His management appointments are mostly lacklustre. Abysmal.
  • He's continuing to trust the same staff that recommended Ott, King, Martinsen and Alzner. Abysmal.
  • He's running hockey ops without any stringent, arm's length performance reviews. Had he implemented such a system, he would have been able to weed out his nepotist failing buddies earlier. Abysmal.
  • He crossed the line when he became good buddies with Therrien, went on vacation with him and had Therrien introduce him to a girlfriend. How unprofessional. Says a lot about his standards as an individual in a position of authority.
  • He has failed to convert on the Habs massive spending advantage given that they're a top 3 revenue team. Habs should have had an edge on non-cap expenditures.
  • He's created a climate of personal confrontation with high profile players who don't perform to his liking. Abysmal.
  • How many playoff series have the Habs won during his tenure? Abysmal.
  • He's learned nothing about roster construction. Habs are plagued with the same poor asset mix as when he was hired, completely dominated by western teams.
I think that last time you wrote those complaints i answered with this

ob_49037d_imagoid.jpg

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This is the hockey version of the low-carb/no junk-food diet that everyone hates. It's no fun and it takes time to see results. But at this point, we might have to accept this kind of short-term pain if we ever want this team to become a contender.
I, you, we deserve and he, she deserves more than that imho... Right?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Well the Montreal Canadiens is the only team which can allow the most shots per game (lot of them being breakaways) and have people saying they played well ;)
True. We play well when we win. Screw the stats :D

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

1FUc2gr.gif

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You were the wheel of excuses guy? ''Clean hit by us'' ''Dirty hit by you'' still cracks me up a little.
Yup. I spent a half a day duplicating the Wheel of Fortune look and font just to stick it to Bruins fans. Gotta admit it was cool to see it become an actual meme and hear it mentioned on the radio. My moment of anonymous fame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad