Proposal: Price to the Preds (Habs retain $1M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Well the focus is age here with Price right? How is this not the same approach with Rinne’s recent performance? He’s 36 in November.

Why can you believe in Rinne at age 36 but not Price at age 31?
I'm not sure what you're asking here. In post #323 you are the one that said there's not enough focus on Rinne’s playoff stats.

He's a 0.915 sv% after an abysmal finish this past year. What's Price?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not sure what you're asking here. In post #323 you are the one that said there's not enough focus on Rinne’s playoff stats.

He's a 0.915 sv% after an abysmal finish this past year. What's Price?

The point is you believe in a 35/36 year old goalie who just had a disappointing playoffs but you don’t believe in a 31 year old who was hurt and played on a bad roster.

It’s weird how you only see it in one angle

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Sorry. Not what I believe. Price at 50% retention would require a higher return. Think about what you are saying... Price at $5.25M? And you think we would be lucky to get a 1st and prospect?

Come on man
no i said you would get the great prospect (tolvanen) and 2 1sts plus goalie back).

If you read my entire statement it would make sense. (just for the sake of arguement) Price is a 10 out of 10 goalie. Rinee is a 9 out of 10 goalie. so the idea of getting tolvanen (elite prospect) 2 1sts and rinne with out retention is insane. At 10 million a year for 8 years you will get a good prospect and 1 1st. You have to retain a lot of salary for a team to take price and give up high value picks and assets

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The point is you believe in a 35/36 year old goalie who just had a disappointing playoffs but you don’t believe in a 31 year old who was hurt and played on a bad roster.

not when if the ask is rinne tolvanen and 2 1sts. Thats acrazy ask especially for price who has had injury problems last 2 years. I wouldnt touch that not at all. As a blues fan i would rather give husso, Binngington, and fitzpatrick a shot if allen fails them giving up the kings ransom you think he is worth

Reactions: triggrman

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
We’ll go look up the Rinne’s stats this past playoffs? Pretty sure the Preds and Rinne were disappointed. Was he playing hurt or on a bad defensive team? :sarcasm:

It’s the same treatment made towards Price and his year last year.

It’s weird how it’s only looked at from one angle

You’re looking at it on one angle. Everything is playoff related to you. And not overall statistics that are facts. The fact you can’t acknowledge my statement regarding John Gibson and “no top goalie will will sign for 6-7 million” makes you look foolish. It’s that simple. And people have been ripping on you for the past 14 pages. This thread needs to be locked.

Reactions: triggrman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
no i said you would get the great prospect (tolvanen) and 2 1sts plus goalie back).

If you read my entire statement it would make sense. (just for the sake of arguement) Price is a 10 out of 10 goalie. Rinee is a 9 out of 10 goalie. so the idea of getting tolvanen (elite prospect) 2 1sts and rinne with out retention is insane. At 10 million a year for 8 years you will get a good prospect and 1 1st. You have to retain a lot of salary for a team to take price and give up high value picks and assets

You don’t value the 6 year age gap? Some Salary retention, and a slightly better goalie?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You’re looking at it on one angle. Everything is playoff related to you. And not overall statistics that are facts. The fact you can’t acknowledge my statement regarding John Gibson and “no top goalie will will sign for 6-7 million” makes you look foolish. It’s that simple. And people have been ripping on you for the past 14 pages. This thread needs to be locked.

No I’m not looking at it in one angle. I have fully respected the Preds continuing with Rinne and Saros even after this year.

I’m just mentioning Rinne’s Recent performance in counter of Price and the status of each teams talent depth

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can we stop with this Rinne had a poor playoff? He was awful against the Jets in game 7. Pretty much every other goal in which he had a "bad" game came off some weird deflection or some of the worst chicken with its head chopped off defense you're ever going to see from an NHL team.

Reactions: Devonator

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can we stop with this Rinne had a poor playoff? He was awful against the Jets in game 7. Pretty much every other goal in which he had a "bad" game came off some weird deflection or some of the worst chicken with its head chopped off defense you're ever going to see from an NHL team.

You should go look up his stats. Can we also stop throwing Price’s value under the bus because he had a bad year playing hurt and in front of a bad roster?

Works two ways. Pretty sure you get my point now

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

So you're conceding their playoff numbers for the most part are comparable? You know, the discussion you wanted to focus on...

Nashville fans have posted their thoughts on what they beleive on Price and the proposal. Price is a great goalie but the cap and cost to acquire is to much to stomach given that he is not that much better than Rinne and have a cheaper succession plan in Rinne/Saros

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So you think the difference between a 35 yr old Rinne and a 31 yr old Price at the same price is the Preds 2019 1st and 2020 2nd.
Ya someone is out to lunch.
Yeah I do.
Rinne has 1 year left and can be a steadying force at a small cap hit while you're rebuilding and you'll get out from Prices contract. By the time the Habs are contending again, Price will be 35+ and making 10.5 mil for 4 more years. Getting rid of him and receiving a 1st and a 2nd is a coup.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
You should go look up his stats. Can we also stop throwing Price’s value under the bus because he had a bad year playing hurt and in front of a bad roster?

Price's value is thrown under the bus because of his contract, him being hurt and the ridiculous return you think the Habs should get for him in a trade.

Reactions: Devonator

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So you're conceding their playoff numbers for the most part are comparable? You know, the discussion you wanted to focus on...

Nashville fans have posted their thoughts on what they beleive on Price and the proposal. Price is a great goalie but the cap and cost to acquire is to much to stomach given that he is not that much better than Rinne and have a cheaper succession plan in Rinne/Saros

They play on completely different teams and level of talent. Are you saying the Habs D is as good as the Preds?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Price's value is thrown under the bus because of his contract, him being hurt and the ridiculous return you think the Habs should get for him in a trade.

Rinne’s vslue is being thrown under the bus cause he sucked in the most recent playoffs playing on a stacked team D and will be 36 in November. He must be in steep decline now cause he is on the wrong side of 35 :sarcasm:

My point? If you believe in Rinne, you should believe in Price

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We're not looking to trade Rinne, so whatever any other team or person thinks of his value is irrelevant.

Well, I’m just calling you out on the stupid reasons of trying to devalue Price. Not my problem you don’t see it from both angles

You don’t have to like the trade offer but a little respect towards Price seems difficult for you

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They play on completely different teams and level of talent. Are you saying the Habs D is as good as the Preds?
No, but Nashville never always had this elite of a team just like Montreal has never always had this poor of a team.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
The comments in this thread remind me of people commenting about the worth of Pacioretty. "you'll be lucky to even get a late 1st", "he's worth two 2nds at most"....

If there is a market for Price, the return will be good. If there isn't a market for Price, there won't be any trades... I personally think that Price would be an excellent fit with the Preds, but I believe Poile wants to see how Saros does, first.

PS: Prices salary will be the norm sooner than later. The argument that he has a "terrible" contrat gets old. Retainement is possible and Price at 5.25 mills would be worth 3 1sts at least, without taking the fact that mtl could always acquire a cap dump as well.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Not sure Preds can handle the cap hit but people calling Rinne 'the Vezina' winner, sure great but we know he's a sieve in the playoffs and probably cost the Preds the cup already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->