Post-Game Talk: Price the Ultimate King -- notches 314th! MTL 3 LA 1

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Someone spotted a fan wearing this at the Staples Center yesterday.

kvp7TyD.jpg

Clearly forgot the period after the A.
Alexandre Barnac wasn't the dude a highly touted puck moving left D.

Jul 6, 2016
Clearly forgot the period after the A.
Alexandre Barnac wasn't the dude a highly touted puck moving left D.

Habs won... and the picture of that guy with a "swearing" word on his jersey is the talk of this board....

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Any good knowledgeable hockey fan knows the flaws Drouin has and not many like soft style games. It just looks worse on our roster cause we have a young and very small team.

As long as Drouin is developing into a forward who can put up 60-80 pts, I'm OK with it. And he is tracking this way. He is playing his best season yet and he is 23, not 25.

60-80 points is humongous range.

He has the skill you look for, but his decision making is not elite at all. He's also questionable in his play without the puck.

Its frustrating to watch players with immense skill but lagging hockey sense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Miam. I thought that was closed by now. I used to go to the other joint just a bit south.

They reopened across the street, a little left when facing the old location, but still on the south of Ste-Catherine. The dogs and fries taste the same as they always have.

You forget how small their dogs are when you're used to eating Costco's gigantors.

There's something to be said about adding that red paprika and vinegar to their fries. There's nothing like it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jarry's is so good. Also my preferred smoked meat place.

I like how easily accessible it is, right off the 40 and no parking issues and no lineups unlike some other places.

Oh jeez ... I'm forgetting about the Habs victory. I must be a pariah. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't know why the Kings are so bad? They still have talent. Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Brown

Slow, lumbering legs.

The league has moved to speed and youth. The Kings are still defined by what made teams win in a different NHL.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
We need to go get at least 97 points to sniff the playoffs, Price has to play every game down the stretch unless one of the Pens/Canes/Jackets fall back

Hopefully those 4 contenders rest some of their players in that final week otherwise we have to go 9-2 in the next 11

This link is interesting: Playoff Probabilities Report | Hockey-Reference.com

Here's what it is showing me now:

95 points may be enough... :)

... to get Destroyed by Tampa Bay in the first round. :eek:

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
60-80 points is humongous range.

He has the skill you look for, but his decision making is not elite at all. He's also questionable in his play without the puck.

Its frustrating to watch players with immense skill but lagging hockey sense.

It is a huge range but all players go through up and down years. 60-80 pts for Drouin moving forward fits IMO.

Lagging hockey sense? I think not. He just does not have the intensity and play with a tempo we want him to.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Slow, lumbering legs.

The league has moved to speed and youth. The Kings are still defined by what made teams win in a different NHL.
Firing Lombardi and Sutter might not have such a great idea. They did build two Stanley Cup winners. No reason to think they could and would not have adjusted to the younger and faster league. Lobardi may have traded some vets and retooled on the fly. Doubt they would have added and old Kovalchuck to and already aging group of forwards.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I was just trying to say that Price makes those around him better and it's easy to see what we are without him. They won't play Niemi who some here even said was better than Price before he came back to earth. Even last night against one of the worst teams in the league he had to face way too many great scoring chances. He has tied Plante for wins but he has played behind some very weak teams in doing so. He is a superstar.
His poor play off record shines a bright light on just how many weak line ups he has been stuck with.

If McDavid ever needs someone to talk to . :nod:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
His poor play off record shines a bright light on just how many weak line ups he has been stuck with.

If McDavid ever needs someone to talk to . :nod:
You know what, people always talk about the Oilers having surrounded McDavid with such a poor team around him. Habs fans know this all too well, we haven't exactly surrounded Price with very much either. It seems like yesterday that he was Carter Hart and now he is 31 years old and he still has no shot at a cup here, it's a shame just how poorly this team has been run. He has been our star for what seems like forever and what have we put in front of him? DD and Drouin and Pacioretty:laugh: heart and soul guys, all of them.:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77 and PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You know what, people always talk about the Oilers having surrounded McDavid with such a poor team around him. Habs fans know this all too well, we haven't exactly surrounded Price with very much either. It seems like yesterday that he was Carter Hart and now he is 31 years old and he still has no shot at a cup here, it's a shame just how poorly this team has been run. He has been our star for what seems like forever and what have we put in front of him? DD and Drouin and Pacioretty:laugh: heart and soul guys, all of them.:laugh:
:clap:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It is a huge range but all players go through up and down years. 60-80 pts for Drouin moving forward fits IMO.

Lagging hockey sense? I think not. He just does not have the intensity and play with a tempo we want him to.

I think what you are saying is more damning of him than I am.

Playing with speed and tempo are things within his control. Hockey sense is something you either have or you don't.

I think he gets tunnel vision when he carries the puck up the ice with speed. It turns into a turnover, and other times he fails to read that he has some open players when he rushes like that.

Thats just a lack of not knowing your surroundings, and not having the same vision at higher speeds. His play without the puck is also a combination of poor awareness and being soft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think what you are saying is more damning of him than I am.

Playing with speed and tempo are things within his control. Hockey sense is something you either have or you don't.

I think he gets tunnel vision when he carries the puck up the ice with speed. It turns into a turnover, and other times he fails to read that he has some open players when he rushes like that.

Thats just a lack of not knowing your surroundings, and not having the same vision at higher speeds. His play without the puck is also a combination of poor awareness and being soft.

He clearly needs to improve but he is 18 right? Do you think he stays at his level he is today?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00