TSN: Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
Eastern Conference coaches must all be Price apologists. No other explanation.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
GM ≠ Coach so that would be 0% of voters and that's only for the Vezina. The other 3 awards have larger amounts of people voting (writers and broadcasters).

Maybe we should split this up into two threads, Price and the rest of the Habs because some Price defenders are ridiculous.

Or, and hear me out on this one, we could take this thread for what it is... A poll that has no reflection on who actually wins and appreciate the fact that this team is getting recognition for a great season. It's enough with the constant thrashing of the Habs #1 goalie every chance they see his name pop up in a thread title or in a post.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Or, and hear me out on this one, we could take this thread for what it is... A poll that has no reflection on who actually wins and appreciate the fact that this team is getting recognition for a great season. It's enough with the constant thrashing of the Habs #1 goalie every chance they see his name pop up in a thread title or in a post.

Lettuce be cereal. The majority of the Price bashers either have very low hockey IQ or harbor a grudge against him because the girls they are too shy/scared to ask out always talk about how hot Carey Price is.

Ahh Jealousy, the green-eyed monster.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Almost all the coaches in our conference think Price is the best goalie in the east... That's not significant?

It means Price garnered a majority of points in a vote system where 12 coaches voted 2 picks - 1 winner 1 runner up. We don't know how many pts were awarded for a winner vote as opposed to runner up vote. We also do not know the exact results.

In practice, Price might have won with only 2 coaches voting him first, and maybe 2 votes for 2nd place with some other goalies getting 2 votes for 1st and only one vote for 2nd. It's a possibility that this is how it went down. If so, it doesn't mean that a majority of head coaches think he is the best, or has been the best this season. It just means he got more points in that voting system. A bit like how Marois was elected with only 30ish % of the population actually voting for her. A majority of the actual total population did not want her.

This poll result just doesn't mean what you just said it means.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
As much as I love Price, WOW, that is shocking. Was it who would they most like to have or who has been the best. If it's EC goalies then I can understand since Anderson hasn't played that many games. Still surprising. Even MT over Carlyle - I think it's pretty close since Carlyle seems to have revitalized the leafs more, or maybe it just feels that way since it's been awhile since we remember what our team can do or if it can do it without Emmy.

Gallagher and Subban should get the Calder and Norris hands down. If they don't, it will be plain robbery. Huberdeau can go put up meaningless points all he wants, he is not the best rookie this year, not by a long shot (and I think Hubbey is going to be a league leader). Subban, is there really anyone better? Really? Subban > Suter.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It means Price garnered a majority of points in a vote system where 12 coaches voted 2 picks - 1 winner 1 runner up. We don't know how many pts were awarded for a winner vote as opposed to runner up vote. We also do not know the exact results.

In practice, Price might have won with only 2 coaches voting him first, and maybe 2 votes for 2nd place with some other goalies getting 2 votes for 1st and only one vote for 2nd. It's a possibility that this is how it went down. If so, it doesn't mean that a majority of head coaches think he is the best, or has been the best this season. It just means he got more points in that voting system. A bit like how Marois was elected with only 30ish % of the population actually voting for her. A majority of the actual total population did not want her.

Budaj probably wasn't an option so they voted for Price in his place.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know I'm gonna get a bunch of hate from the Price gestapo for this but all I did was correct PyrettaBlaze who made a statement that was just not factual.

They could pick between ~30 goalies in the conference and yet Price managed to be on the list more often than not and garnered enough votes to be one of the Vezina candidates.

However you want to spin the record, man.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Well if he actually got 2 votes for first and 2 for runner-up... That means he's still one of the best in the east:laugh:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Holy **** you guys are unbelievable. Instead of being happy that most coaches in the East picked our players as the winners.. "but it was only the coaches..." "...but it's only for the East"... but but but

****ing hell

11,000 posts and it still shocks you?

woke up this morning, read that story still in bed on my phone, got up with a smile.

anybody remember rejean tramblay i think it was, at the beginning of the season, saying the habs would win every award? calder to galchenyuk, vezina to price, richard to pacioretty, adams ti michel and so on? well that old senile sack of **** wasn't that far off :laugh:

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
539604_10152740846430594_931211295_n.jpg

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Three thoughts;

1) If Columbus makes the playoffs (maybe even if they don't), Bobrovsky is a lock for the Vezina.

2) Plekanec would be a serious Selke candidate if he could win some faceoffs.

3) Jonas Brodin is one of the most underrated players in the league already. Even with my homer glasses for Gallagher, Brodin is right there with him for the Calder Trophy.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
They could pick between ~30 goalies in the conference and yet Price managed to be on the list more often than not and garnered enough votes to be one of the Vezina candidates.

However you want to spin the record, man.

Ok sure, he got enough votes to be top candidate for the vezina in the east before the flyers game. If you say that I won't correct you because that's factual and not a wrong conclusion to derive from the poll. I'm not spinning a record, I was merely correcting a statement that was not factual. Can we not make this into something it's not ?

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Three thoughts;

1) If Columbus makes the playoffs (maybe even if they don't), Bobrovsky is a lock for the Vezina.

2) Plekanec would be a serious Selke candidate if he could win some faceoffs.

3) Jonas Brodin is one of the most underrated players in the league already. Even with my homer glasses for Gallagher, Brodin is right there with him for the Calder Trophy.

1. Oof, good call. I agree on that.

2. Until then, he won't. I wonder if Bergeron takes it, even if he misses the rest of the season.

3. Eh, I think it's between Gallagher, Huberdeau and Saad. Any of the three could take the award and would deserve the honor.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ok sure, he got enough votes to be top candidate for the vezina in the east before the flyers game. If you say that I won't correct you because that's factual and not a wrong conclusion to derive from the poll. I'm not spinning a record, I was merely correcting a statement that was not factual. Can we not make this into something it's not ?

Certainly. As long as you concede to the notion that despite not having a season that is up to his standards (as far as it being a tale of two seasons right now), that coaches in the NHL still see him as a top netminder, we'll be all good.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
1. Oof, good call. I agree on that.

2. Until then, he won't. I wonder if Bergeron takes it, even if he misses the rest of the season.

3. Eh, I think it's between Gallagher, Huberdeau and Saad. Any of the three could take the award and would deserve the honor.
Man, Brodin is the #2 defenseman on the Minnesota Wild. He's 2nd on the team (1st among defenseman) in +/- and has registered 10-points. He plays over 2 minutes per games on a PK that ranks nearly Top-10. 52 blocked shots. He plays over 23 minutes a night. To put that in better perspective, he plays 8 seconds less per-game than PK Subban plays for the Habs.

In other words? He's ****ing incredible.

pine*

Man, Brodin is the #2 defenseman on the Minnesota Wild. He's 2nd on the team (1st among defenseman) in +/- and has registered 10-points. He plays over 2 minutes per games on a PK that ranks nearly Top-10. 52 blocked shots. He plays over 23 minutes a night. To put that in better perspective, he plays 8 seconds less per-game than PK Subban plays for the Habs.

In other words? He's ****ing incredible.

Calder is based on points/stats, whether you like it or not, fortunately/unfortunately. Doesn't negate the fact that Brodin is great though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Calder is based on points/stats, whether you like it or not, fortunately/unfortunately. Doesn't negate the fact that Brodin is great though.
True enough.

Actually reading the TSN article, Saad just "edged" Brodin out in the poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad