TSN: Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Price shouldn't be in the running but some people are overreacting to one game, knee jerk reaction by impatient fans is what it comes down to it.by impatient i mean stupid

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Holy **** you guys are unbelievable. Instead of being happy that most coaches in the East picked our players as the winners.. "but it was only the coaches..." "...but it's only for the East"... but but but

****ing hell

Feel free to refute. Are you saying the 29th best save pct should win the Vezina because you being a key contributor it would be good to hear your argument. If this was a poll of all GM's I would have cause to think maybe I should listen more to this poll and not the stats/what I see.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
Feel free to refute. Are you saying the 29th best save pct should win the Vezina because you being a key contributor it would be good to hear your argument. If this was a poll of all GM's I would have cause to think maybe I should listen more to this poll and not the stats/what I see.

I don't think anyone realistically thinks Price should/will win the Vezina given his play this season.

But it's quite telling that 12 guys who probably watch and know more about hockey than 99.99999% of the population have given Price such high praise.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
You mean we're not getting Drouin? The season has been a waste. :cry:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

This was you, this very morning. And I quote:

This debate is only this one sided on HFboards, and yes it's because people here are youth-focused, hero-focused, and yes less experienced.

talk to someone outside HF, Price is not as admired or revered, or even respected as much as with the youth crowd. That's experience and wisdom at play. Deal with it.

So please, just stop. It's embarassing.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
It's 25 coaches, so probably 13 or so from the east excluding MT so it's only like 12 people voting, which isn't very significant

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah what do NHL coaches know.

I'm just saying 12 is a really tiny sample and I doubt they put much thought into it. I mean if a category is split between a few options the winner could have only had 4/5 first place votes

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm just saying 12 is a really tiny sample and I don't they put much thought into it. I mean if a category is split between a few options the winner could have only had 4/5 first place votes

Almost all the coaches in our conference think Price is the best goalie in the east... That's not significant?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm just saying 12 is a really tiny sample and I don't they put much thought into it. I mean if a category is split between a few options the winner could have only had 4/5 first place votes

40% of the leagues coaches is a small sample? If we were asking 12 fans out of 21k in the Bell Centre I'd agree, but an NHL coaches opinion carries a heck of a lot more weight.

I don't agree Price is the Vezina favourite, I just don't think it's one of those cases where there's 20 guys ahead of him like some like to argue here based on stats. Budaj is not better than Price etc.

Carey Cost*

Its true that when you take out all the ****** games from Price like 6-8 games his sv % is 9.30% +

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wow. Love reading this. Love seeing Gallagher actually first in the running for the Calder trophy as well as PK Subban far ahead of everyone else in the East for the Norris. Surprised to see Price on there, but he's still been good this season despite his last few games. He'll bounce back in the playoffs and everyone will be happy (yes, I know playoff performances doesn't affect these trophies).

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Its true that when you take out all the ****** games from Price like 6-8 games his sv % is 9.30% +

That's one of the problems with a shortened season. In the last two games Price dropped from .916 to .908. Usually he'd have 40 more games to average his stats out. People on hot streaks look better than they are and people on cold streaks look like **** in the 48 game schedule.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Almost all the coaches in our conference think Price is the best goalie in the east... That's not significant?

I didn't mention Price once, there are 4 Habs, man you guys defend him like crazy. And no I do not think this poll is significant for the actual award voting.

pine*

I didn't mention Price once, there are 4 Habs, man you guys defend him like crazy. And no I do not think this poll is significant for the actual award voting.

This thread is really about Price, so you got what you bargained for.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I won't put much weight on it. It's nice to see coaches of the East give Habs players/management some recognition though. Despite the recent lackluster performances, this team has been on a magical run, the stars (Subban, Price) are shinning bright, the rookies (Gallagher and Galchenyuk) have both played up to and beyond expectations and the management has done a superb job, albeit a few hiccups here and there.

I'm happy to see this. Sure does beat watching the Habs become the laughing stock of the NHL and finishing 15th in the East.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Price doesn't deserve the vezina this season.. but there's some more crow for the vocal Price bashers who think they know better than every one in the world.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Gallagher, Therrien and Subban deserve all the praise they get. These three have done an amazing job.

As for Price, the only reason I can think to justify this pick is that there's no one else in the EC playing that well. Rask was very good for awhile but, like Price, has had inconsistency problems. Lundqvist has picked it up recently, but has been average for a full half of the season. Fleury has been having a solid season, but doesn't seem to get respect as a legit star. Who else? Nobody in the EC has had an elite season. Price at least played half the season at an elite level. If he can rescue the remaining games he may convince people that he was that guy, and not the leaky-boat with self-doubt issues who's been wearing his jersey the last week.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
30 gms vote for the awards..... 12/30=.4 X 100= 40% of the voters...

GM ≠ Coach so that would be 0% of voters and that's only for the Vezina. The other 3 awards have larger amounts of people voting (writers and broadcasters).

Maybe we should split this up into two threads, Price and the rest of the Habs because some Price defenders are ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad