Post-Game Talk: Price plays big for his newborn daughter - Habs win 2-0

POGT (03/01/2019)

• Total voters

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Hi you must be new to the Habs board lol We have a ton of loonies here who would be crying bloody murder if the situation was reversed.
New here yes, but at 52. I have seen my share of loonie Habs fans when i lived in Canada. But to be honest. Habs fans seem way more knowledgeable then the 15 year old Vancouver fans tweeting last night. They can see that KK was interfering at most. 2 min ?

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
Pretty entertaining game last night. I thought Mete played well and Price came up BIG in in the second half.

A couple things I thought they could clean up from last night were the unnecessary penalties away from the puck/retaliatory in the third that gave Vancouver life to try to tie it up and all the soft plays the Habs had in their own end. There were way to many soft passes out front of their own net that landed directly on Vancouver sticks.

Big 2 points, and I hope EP is OK, he's one of the more exciting players to watch this year.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Good work man! Never forget those bad habits that got you to 275 cause they'll get you there again

No worries ... Found out that i have been celiac and Grain intolerant all these years... Stupid medical doctors never found anything since i'm 16 :madfire:... A Naturopath Doctor tested me, I then took these tests to my NEW medical doctor that confirmed it. :puppy:

BTW, I like the Habs play this year.. (To keep on topic) :naughty:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
New here yes, but at 52. I have seen my share of loonie Habs fans when i lived in Canada. But to be honest. Habs fans seem way more knowledgeable then the 15 year old Vancouver fans tweeting last night. They can see that KK was interfering at most. 2 min ?

I'm in the same age bracket, so I can agree with you on the fact that we do have on whole a very knowledgeable fan base. But like every other fan base, we do have our "over the top type fans". Not saying it's right, just saying that we should be looking in the mirror at our own fan base. Before we go taking shots at others. As for the incident, it was unfortunate, but I've seen it several times. I can't see any malicious intent on Kotka's part.

Reactions: GSP2018

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
People get emotional concerning star players. Remember when Melnyk hired a PI to determine if Matt Cooke has intentionally injured Karlsson?

I saw a Nucks fans on the main board last night say that EP is going to be McDavid's only peer, so it's safe to say that there is a bit of delusion concerning him in their fandom already. Add in the fact that Kotka didn't worship EP like a God earlier this year when asked about him and it's a perfect storm of overreaction.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
People get emotional concerning star players. Remember when Melnyk hired a PI to determine if Matt Cooke has intentionally injured Karlsson?

I saw a Nucks fans on the main board last night say that EP is going to be McDavid's only peer, so it's safe to say that there is a bit of delusion concerning him in their fandom already. Add in the fact that Kotka didn't worship EP like a God earlier this year when asked about him and it's a perfect storm of overreaction.

Didnt know he had to worship a player on another team ? I personally would have said. Cant wait to catch him with his head down.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Price was by far the best player last night, from warm-up on you could see he was really focused. I think just 1 puck got behind him (Danault) and he wasn't happy
Nice to see him in that form
Other players that really impressed me where Kotkaniemi, again the kid is just so smart
Armia despite the brutal giveaway was solid, Petry and Mete did a great job
And then there was that Gallagher shift that just had the Bell Centre up and applauding, what a machine that guy is, always working his ass off!!!

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Didnt know he had to worship a player on another team ? I personally would have said. Cant wait to catch him with his head down.
I didn't know he had to either, but Nucks fans were all up in arms about it. I personally think the NHL needs more rivalries/less ass kissing between teams but I'm a bit old school in that regard.

Reactions: GSP2018

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Aside from that awful turnover, Benn has been playing some solid hockey lately. Hopefully Julien finally realizes he's a 3rd pairing guy and leaves him there instead of trying to put him in the top 4 again.

Benn has made some blunders but played some big minutes when our D was in shambles.

At least we can say he is one of the most exciting players in the league, maybe not for HIS plays, but for his blunders that always put us on the edge of our seats to see if Price can make the big save LOL.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Benn has made some blunders but played some big minutes when our D was in shambles.

At least we can say he is one of the most exciting players in the league, maybe not for HIS plays, but for his blunders that always put us on the edge of our seats to see if Price can make the big save LOL.

Kind of like what PK used to do in Montreal you mean ?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So what are you trying to say? Habs fans are just as ******ed as any fan base out there. Look at how people on this board reacted to the Kreider slide into Price. Which was widely viewed as habs fans being the crazy ones on another accidental play that injured a star player.
We have our moments too, that's for damn sure!:laugh:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I didn't know he had to either, but Nucks fans were all up in arms about it. I personally think the NHL needs more rivalries/less ass kissing between teams but I'm a bit old school in that regard.
Canucks fans are the Most entitled fans in the NHL
For a team that’s never won one f***ing thing , they think we all owe them something
Living in the lower mainland all I hear is their moaning and groaning and how they always get screwed
Hey Canuck fans. Go f*** yourself

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Coach Travis Green also spoke on the incident after the game. He said something along the lines as his initial reaction was that he was pissed off. But when he looked at the replay, he said it wasn't anything malicious.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

Coach Travis Green also spoke on the incident after the game. He said something along the lines as his initial reaction was that he was pissed off. But when he looked at the replay, he said it wasn't anything malicious.

This is completely irrelevant but I loved Travis Green as a player and I remember wanting the habs to trade for him so badly that I traded for him in NHL 2004. I actually liked him so much in that game that when the Canucks hired him as their coach that I thought for a moment he was actually a former hab.

Reactions: David Suzuki

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Did you actually see the way that kids leg twisted when he fell or are you merely waving pom poms again? I had to go take a tylenol from just seeing it happen.
Yeah gave me a headache watching that act, antacid cause it makes me sick seeing athlete's pretending they have been mortally wounded then skate away afterwards.:towel::towel::towel:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
S Bah actually does have a dark side, who knew?:laugh:

No dark side, just like straight shooters not pansies. I love flowers but not as a character flaw.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy: Old school trait that should be new school too. Guy Lafleur wouldn't ever have acted that way, big boyz game hockey.:arr::arr::arr:

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No dark side, just like straight shooters not pansies. I love flowers but not as a character flaw.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy: Old school trait that should be new school too. Guy Lafleur wouldn't ever have acted that way, big boyz game hockey.:arr::arr::arr:
Did you see the way that kids leg twisted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->