price or pogge

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Its way too early to tell, It will be interesting to see how Price does in the AHL next year. When both goalies are in the same league it will be easier to compare them, but right now, one plays junior hockey and the other plays professional.

I don't know about Pogge, but Price was the best goaltender for Montreal during the pre-season games. He will play at least a game in the NHL next year if Huet or Halak gets hurt.

toastman344*

I like Pogge...I esp. like the way he handles the puck...I didn't think Price would be nearly as good as he was at the WJC this year...BUT...he surprised me...I wouldn't say he was better than Pogge was last year though...

Its pretty early...and really...its too early to tell...but I expect both will be #1 goalies at the NHL level

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
How can you say that when Pogge was the most outstanding Goalie in the WHL last yr, had far superior numbers to Price and was just plain better.

Pogge was hogging stats last year in Junior. He was wearing the larger, old NHL equipment last year while Price decided to don the slimmer NHL sized equipment, even though they were not mandatory in the WHL.

The difference this year is that Pogge is forced to wear the new NHL equipment and is sucking balls in the AHL. Meanwhile, Price has had a year to adjust to his equipment and will be that much better when he reaches the AHL next season.

Oh and, the excuse about Pogge playing on a crap team, well guess what, Tri-Cities has been horrible for many years now.

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
I like Pogge...I esp. like the way he handles the puck...I didn't think Price would be nearly as good as he was at the WJC this year...BUT...he surprised me...I wouldn't say he was better than Pogge was last year though...

Its pretty early...and really...its too early to tell...but I expect both will be #1 goalies at the NHL level

How was he not as good as Pogge at the WJC? Facing over 10 more shots-per-game and playing behind a defence corps not used to the European ice (not to mention the angles he himself had to cope with), Price was the team's MVP, whereas Pogge was just a sidecar during a tourny where he barley saw 20 shots in a game!

mooseOAK*

Pogge was hogging stats last year in Junior. He was wearing the larger, old NHL equipment last year while Price decided to don the slimmer NHL sized equipment, even though they were not mandatory in the WHL.

So Price's junior team allowed him to wear the smaller equipment even though it put him and their team at a disadvantage?

Story to back that up?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Ever notice how the moment Rask was traded he went from being a top 10 goaltending prospect to the #1 prospect? What makes this all the more dramatic is that it was the off season and he was not even playing when he made this crazy rise:eek:

:biglaugh: man what a bunch of crap! After the 2005 draft people were putting Rask in the top5 and Price from 15th to 30th, if something happened it's the complete opposite, Rask had his stock drop after the raycroft trade to just a good n.1 goalie instead of being the next Lethonen. Evreyone was talking about Price like he ws already a bust after having ordinary numbers in Try-city, not being on the Canadian team and Rask doing well with Finland. Seriously dude get a clue

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Ever notice how the moment Rask was traded he went from being a top 10 goaltending prospect to the #1 prospect? What makes this all the more dramatic is that it was the off season and he was not even playing when he made this crazy rise:eek:

thats a very intresting point

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
So Price's junior team allowed him to wear the smaller equipment even though it put him and their team at a disadvantage?

Story to back that up?

Confirmed by Trevor Timmins in his HF Radio interview in July.

He mentioned it at the start of the Q&A session with the host.

The link to the HF Podcast is as follows but the interview is no longer available there.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=274946

However, they have a consolidated version (combining multiple shows) at the following link. The trick is to sift through all the interviews to the point where Timmins answers questions. (Check the link for August 20th).

http://hockeysfutureradio.com/previousshows.html

If you want to locate the exact link for only the Timmins interview, contact Neilson81 and I am sure he can help you out.

To summarize, Price made the decision to wear the smaller equipment after playing with it in the rookie tournament and the main Habs camp. This put him behind the 8-ball a bit with regards to other goalies (like Pogge) who continued to wear the Micheline Tire Man stuff.

mooseOAK*

To summarize, Price made the decision to wear the smaller equipment after playing with it in the rookie tournament and the main Habs camp. This put him behind the 8-ball a bit with regards to other goalies (like Pogge) who continued to wear the Micheline Tire Man stuff.

Again, I have no idea why the Americans would allow this.

bjac

Jan 16, 2006

A goaltender should be allowed to choose the pads he is comfortable using, and Price chose to use the pads that are legal in the NHL. I don't see the big issue. You don't see teams forcing players to use bigger curves...

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON

But they did. So it's irrelevant to figure out the why?

Price wore the new NHL sized equipment in the 05-06 season, while Pogge wore the old NHL sized equipment in 05-06 while playing in the WHL. These are facts. You can judge them as you wish.

mooseOAK*

But they did. So it's irrelevant to figure out the why?

Price wore the new NHL sized equipment in the 05-06 season, while Pogge wore the old NHL sized equipment in 05-06 while playing in the WHL. These are facts. You can judge them as you wish.

Don't you think that "Price Wears Smaller Equipment When He Didn't Need To" would have made an interesting news story? Didn't hear a darn thing about it other than from you so I will decide what the facts are.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Don't you think that "Price Wears Smaller Equipment When He Didn't Need To" would have made an interesting news story? Didn't hear a darn thing about it other than from you so I will decide what the facts are.

Then contact Neilsen81 and get the Timmins' interview. You asked for links and I gave you links. The rest is up to you. I didnt make any of this up.

By the way, Price wan't the only one in the WHL who wore smaller equipment last year. There were others, but Pogge wan't one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad