price or pogge

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
Concerning goalies, CHL stats are nearly useless - especially in the Dub. More often then not - actually, almost always - the goalies with rediculous SV%s in the Dub never amount to anything in the NHL, because they face 20 shots a night and never have to win games for them. A goalie who plays on a brutal team, even if his stats suffer, will always turn out to be a better goalie then one with incredible stats, because he learns to lose and cope with bad goals and cope with 40 shots a night and all those things that NHL goalies have to cope with, and all the things that Pogge has failed to cope with at the AHL level.

See kurtis mucha

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
price easily. pogge was always overrated bc of his team.

Are you talking about Leafs here, or Hitmen?

If you are talking about him being a Leaf then clearly there is just one way people see the Toronto franchise/fan club. We never overrated Pogge. We always said what was true.

Based on his performance last year, no one and I mean no one could say he wasnt a bright prospect. We always rated him under Rask. So what, Rask had a poor tournament this year, is he now on the same level as Pogge now? Nope he isnt sir. I'd still rank him higher. Similarly, Price and Pogge were both good in the tourny. Pogge is having a bad season on a team which literally sucks. That wont make me rank him higher than he was before. Its an adjustment period for him.

Just look at Marc-Andre Fleury and how his transition to the NHL was for the first couple of seasons, and look at him now. It took him time. And please, I'm not comparing those two.

Same thing with Price. I didnt used to think much of the Pogge-Price arguments from last year. But if someone is saying Price is MILES AHEAD of Pogge, then he is clearly pushing it.

bergo

Jan 20, 2007
Last year we said that it was hard to compare both goalies because Pogge was on a great team while price was on a bad team. Now that Pogge is on a bad team, we can see that he has bellow average stats. On the other hand, Price has always been on a bad team and has consistently done well.
As for who will become a better goalie, ONLY TIME WILL TELL

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
Right now the best one is Halak, hes been simply dynamite in the AHL and alrdy plays in the NHL. Both Halak and Pogge played in the same league this year and Halak is vastly superior.

Halak's AHL numbers .932% 2.00 GAA
Pogge's AHL numbers .891% 3.34 GAA

Also Halak is putting even better numbers in the NHL right now.

Price was at this year training camp better then any of the habs goalie.

Anyway a leaf fan can compare it, a habs prospect goalie or 2 will be better then Pogge.

This thread should be about Halak vs Price because no one will have any habs or leafs bias and i have the feeling we will have this debate go on for a few years on the habs board.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
How can you say that when Pogge was the most outstanding Goalie in the WHL last yr, had far superior numbers to Price and was just plain better.

Stats are for losers. I base my opinion on the games that I have seen and not what I have read on the internet.

If your logic was correct Dan Hodgson would have his number retired and be in the Hockey Hall of Fame by now.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
This topic was beaten to death right after the WJC's this year.Ask me in about 10 years and I should be able to give you an answer.With any luck this one doesn't turn into another pi$$ing match between Habs and Leafs fans.

Too late, but it was a nice wish. And I totally agree with you that we'll have the answer ten years from now.

PeteLaframboise

Sep 11, 2006
I'd say Price, gotta love his commitment, he's the only goalie that's playin with NHL size equipement in all junior, just by that fact you can tell that he doesn't care about numbers, he just care about getting better. That's what gonna make him a better NHL goalie IMO.

Now lets hear it from the Leafs apologist.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Right now the best one is Halak, hes been simply dynamite in the AHL and alrdy plays in the NHL. Both Halak and Pogge played in the same league this year and Halak is vastly superior.

Halak's AHL numbers .932% 2.00 GAA
Pogge's AHL numbers .891% 3.34 GAA

Also Halak is putting even better numbers in the NHL right now.

Price was at this year training camp better then any of the habs goalie.

Anyway a leaf fan can compare it, a habs prospect goalie or 2 will be better then Pogge.

This thread should be about Halak vs Price because no one will have any habs or leafs bias and i have the feeling we will have this debate go on for a few years on the habs board.

I thought this thread was about Price and Pogge... :help:

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Leland Irving or whoever is the next Canadian WJC goalie will be better than both, and the one after him will be better than them all.

But just to add something, didnt Pogge beat Price for the 2006 WJC spot?

emb24*

several montreal media members interviewed habs players after training camp. the consensus was the price was the best PLAYER at camp. NOT prospect but player.

pierre maguire was asked who'd be the better pro and he chose price.

that being said i think pogge will be very good. the question i have is, why deal rask and not pogge in the raycroft trade?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Too early to tell, but for the record Halak will be better than both...

:sarcasm: or is it

Nov 28, 2006
several montreal media members interviewed habs players after training camp. the consensus was the price was the best PLAYER at camp. NOT prospect but player.

pierre maguire was asked who'd be the better pro and he chose price.

that being said i think pogge will be very good. the question i have is, why deal rask and not pogge in the raycroft trade?

to avoid 10 more years of Western Canada bi*c*ing

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Pogge. Oh wait, because he is a Leaf prospect he has to suck... Honestly they have not played in the same league yet so it is impossible to compair.

The only time that the two have been in direct compitition with eachother, Pogge beat Price out as team Canada's starting goaltender...

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
To Leafs fans - Pogge
Everyone else - Price

Ever notice how the moment Rask was traded he went from being a top 10 goaltending prospect to the #1 prospect? What makes this all the more dramatic is that it was the off season and he was not even playing when he made this crazy rise:eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->