Rumor: Price on Kevin Hayes possibly set

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Which is funny because people say Stone / Duchene aren't worth more than 1st / B prospect as a rental and they're arguably twice as valuable. So Hayes for a 2nd tops?

Reactions: Keyserfrans

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hayes is worth a late 1st + B prospect AT THE VERY MOST.

Gorton must not want to move him.
I don’t get how a 6’5 2 way center that’s a line driver and pacing for 68.6 points is worth a 1st+B prospect max
Look what Hanzal got, who Hayes is much better than at the respective times. Different markets, I know but Hayes isn’t getting lucky this year with points, he’s been a legit beast

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I'm sure they're asking for that, they won't get it.

Happens all the time, start high then "settle" for your real asking price, or maybe a little more

Reactions: bl02

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
Every single team “sets this price” for their solid top-6 forwards.

This was the exact price that Buffalo “set” for Evander Kane, and then they traded him for a conditional 2nd (became a 1st) and a career AHL prospect.
I feel like that was more Buffalo underselling Kane if anything. The Rangers were able to get more out of a declining Rick Nash then the Sabres did for Kane.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I think Hayes is the only rental outside of Duchene, Stone, and Panarin that can return a 1st round pick. Options at center are quite slim this year compared to wingers

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad