Speculation: Price new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Just curious to see what you guys thinks

If Price comes back from his injury and show everyone hes still on top of his game.
Can you see him become the highest paid player in the NHL when he sign is new contract?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Probably 10M. The market for goalies is a bit different, so I see it more as an internal hierarchy. He's the best player on the team, Subban is 2nd and makes 9M. So 10M sounds good to me considering Lundqvist is at 8.5M, currently the highest paid goalie in the league.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I just don't think the market is that strong for goalies. If anything recent years has proved that you don't need a top 3 goalie to win, more like a top 10-15. I think he signs $9m or less. Could see him getting the same contract as Subban

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He'll be 30, and 38 by the time an 8 year contract would run its course.

He won't be getting 12 mil for every one of those 8 seasons.

More like 12-12-10-10-7-7-5-5. 8,5 cap hit.

I might've been a bit conservative, yet I don't see his cap hit going much over 9,5.

CostaMtl

Apr 24, 2016
Yep. He'll be highest paid goalie.
Just not sure what team he'll be playing for?

I started a thread asking HF posters if they thought trading Price would be an option. I think you were one of them who was strongly against it.

So I believe Bergevin will give him whatever he wants, Im not sure its a good thing. But oh well we will have to live with it and hope he pull a Roy out of is hat if we want to win the precious Stanley cup

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why not use the Carey Price player discussion thread we have?

You don't need to make a new thread for everything Price-related so you can eventually turn it into a "get Price off the team/trade him" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad