Post-Game Talk: Price hates November confirmed Habs 4 Pens 1

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
If cap was not a problem,why the hell did the Habs not go after the likes of Mc david etc? Money surely wasn't an issue,but the cap curtails what can actually transpire.

Umm... Well, legally we couldn't offer a contract to McDavid so there goes that idea. As for others, what other superstar became available that we could have showered money onto?

Besides, look at how many legit superstars are on the pens. And how many of them they were able to keep for long periods of time. Heck they probably have a number of them that will someday get into the Hall of Fame. So that proves you can do it within the salary cap. The Leafs have two legit superstar #1 C's and a number of elite to superstar wingers. At the same time. We have Price and Weber. And Weber isn't even that expensive compared to what the Leafs have. So teams are getting it done. They have flaws but they are able to have multiple superstar #1 C's on the same team while we can't even get one average #1 C let alone an elite one or God forbid a superstar one. Money is NOT the issue. Neither is the cap. The fault is plainly on the shoulders of the person responsible of building this team.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Cut Chucky some slack. It’s not his fault we drafted him. Everyone knows that if he had been drafted by any other team, he’d be a big star in this league. We ruined him. It has nothing to do with him not being good enough and having the compete level of a kitten. Same with Scherbak.
Sarcasm detected!

Reactions: koyvoo

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Umm... Well, legally we couldn't offer a contract to McDavid so there goes that idea. As for others, what other superstar became available that we could have showered money onto?

Besides, look at how many legit superstars are on the pens. And how many of them they were able to keep for long periods of time. Heck they probably have a number of them that will someday get into the Hall of Fame. So that proves you can do it within the salary cap. The Leafs have two legit superstar #1 C's and a number of elite to superstar wingers. At the same time. We have Price and Weber. And Weber isn't even that expensive compared to what the Leafs have. So teams are getting it done. They have flaws but they are able to have multiple superstar #1 C's on the same team while we can't even get one average #1 C let alone an elite one or God forbid a superstar one. Money is NOT the issue. Neither is the cap. The fault is plainly on the shoulders of the person responsible of building this team.

Duh,.....you can trade at any time with anyone practically. Granted there are not many superstars,but take your best shot. People complain about cap space,and that is the thorn that is the reality. Not being privy to whatever trade scenario is proposed,just can't make the deal sometimes. A proposal with a ludicrous counter proposal is not beyond the realm of possibility.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I can confidently predict who wont be the the cup winner this season; the Habs. Done. Easy.

See you in the spring to collect that pound of flesh. But i'm sure you'll be long gone back into hiding by then. Just like every other smug pom pom waiving fanboy.

That's the only team you are confident that will not win the cup? there is a few more BTW. Habs? not throwing it out yet,there is realm of possibility,not likely,but defiantly better odds than a few others.

Whats with this flesh thing? missing something am I? Who says I'm not in hiding now,certainly not gonna hide from this site spewing whatever comes to mind when feeling like it. Am I in the wrong place to be a Habs fan?

upload_2019-12-13_14-22-35.jpeg

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That's the only team you are confident that will not win the cup? there is a few more BTW. Habs? not throwing it out yet,there is realm of possibility,not likely,but defiantly better odds than a few others.

Whats with this flesh thing? missing something am I? Who says I'm not in hiding now,certainly not gonna hide from this site spewing whatever comes to mind when feeling like it. Am I in the wrong place to be a Habs fan?

View attachment 291051
Mistook you for someone else? I was wondering too.

Reactions: angusyoung

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

View attachment 291051

I will apologize for flying off the handle there and being a dick. I admit it was out of left field.

Anyway, I dont think the Habs have a shot at winning the cup, at all, among many other teams. Their defense is just way too terrible to hold up for 4 rounds of playoff hockey, among many other warts.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I will apologize for flying off the handle there and being a dick. I admit it was out of left field.

Anyway, I dont think the Habs have a shot at winning the cup, at all, among many other teams. Their defense is just way too terrible to hold up for 4 rounds of playoff hockey, among many other warts.

No need,should be able to speak freely,as anyone,whether in agreement or not. As good as any place to mention whats's on ones mind and refute what another person's opinion may be, good on ya for living up to that username.:thumbu:

Long-shot at best no doubt,just wishful preference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad