Confirmed with Link: Price and Gallagher to have conditioning stint with Laval?!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A lot of NHLers try to get their licks on him too, usually gets injured by his own guys lol

The AHL is a bit of a different animal. Relative to the nhl, the american league is typically more violent.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's not. It is not the same league it was in the past.

The nhl is not the same either.

I'm not saying the AHL is the same goon league as it was a couple decades ago, but it's always a bit behind the nhl in that regard (or forward depending on how you want to look at it).

Reactions: 417

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The nhl is not the same either.

I'm not saying the AHL is the same goon league as it was a couple decades ago, but it's always a bit behind the nhl in that regard (or forward depending on how you want to look at it).

Of course it's a step behind. It's a league of players who are young and developing and career AHL'ers and tweeners who get some NHL games in but aren't good enough to hold a spot. But you said it's more violent, which it isn't.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Of course it's a step behind. It's a league of players who are young and developing and career AHL'ers and tweeners who get some NHL games in but aren't good enough to hold a spot. But you said it's more violent, which it isn't.

I think you bolded half my sentence, but if you look at the whole sentence, you'll see that I'm talking relative to the nhl.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Totally unexpected but really great idea to get them some game action before the playoffs. First game playing under their future NHL head coach?

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Hopefully no Marlies goes full Kreider. Not sure I like this, but at the same time, it's a good opportunity to get back in the action in a meaningless game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think you bolded half my sentence, but if you look at the whole sentence, you'll see that I'm talking relative to the nhl.

But even if you compared it to the NHL, it's not more violent.

Compared to the NHL, the level of play is lower. But it is not more violent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->