Prettiest first NHL goal?

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Nothing spectacular about Lemieux's goal? On his first NHL shift, he trolled one of the top-5 defensemen that'll ever play the game with a very smart defensive play then blew by him on a breakaway to score. What more does he have to do? Go through the whole team? :laugh:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I'll never forget Robert Lang as a Kings rookie going end to end through all five players on the other team.

That's one that no one ever remembers. I think it was against the Rangers? I wish there was video of that one.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Nothing spectacular about Lemieux's goal? On his first NHL shift, he trolled one of the top-5 defensemen that'll ever play the game with a very smart defensive play then blew by him on a breakaway to score. What more does he have to do? Go through the whole team? :laugh:

Again, most of the arguments in support of Lemieux's goal are to do with the context, not the goal itself. The fact that it was his first shift doesn't affect how nice the goal was. The fact that Ray Bourque gave the puck away doesn't affect how nice the goal is. The fact that Lemieux was probably the second-greatest player to ever play the game doesn't affect how nice the goal is. The goal itself was a clear breakaway, and a simple deke to the backhand.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I was thinking this was Radulov's first goal:

But this one was:

So not Radulov's first as I had originally thought :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad