Post-Game Talk: Pretenders get a shutout victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Great job by the D tonight forcing the Pens to to the outside much of the night forcing low danger shots.

Overall the Pens had only 24 scoring chances and only 8 high danger chances despite getting almost 9 minutes of PP time for Crosby/Malkin/Kessel.

Dermott and Oz really gelling and dominating the lesser matchups which is very nice.

Reactions: Leafling

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Noticed this during the game (and previous games) that Andy is tracking the puck really well during the last few games. When he has his angles covered on the shot before the puck even gets to the shooter he's money.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I think the first star has to be a solid team defense. Don't think pens got even one top notch chance tonight from teh slot. it was beautiful to see

That is true. Good point.

Andy didn't have to work to hard. Even though they had 30 or so shots, not many if any were point blank.

Reactions: Leafling

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Great game by everyone except Oz (couple of boneheaded penalties that could have cost us if our PK wasn't brilliant). Don't overlook the fact we scored the first goal, and kind of gave us the confidence we needed. Amazing game by Marner, this is the guy who is going to hurt our cap situation because he has shown he deserves 9+ million. Nylander can't sharpen Marner's skates at this point in their careers.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Lets just wait until the final stat accumulation happens, then the whining will start.

Actually, I am looking for to it!

:arr:

I can't believe that Brown got 3 more seconds of ice time than Kapanen. Allowed too many shots again. Ennis is useless. Did I cover it all?

Reactions: Polaris1010

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
this is also a good game that illustrates why you have to take shot totals with a grain of salt. Yeah the Leafs gave up over 30 shots, but I'd argue they put on a defensive clinic. Pittsburgh couldn't generate anything

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Seriously, whoever makes the ice at SBA needs some help.
When the puck ain’t bouncing like a ping pong ball the Leafs look good.

Would the city of Pittsburgh be interested in the Toronto basketball team? I doubt it.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Kap looks absolutely electric. His ability to turn seemingly routine plays into grade A chances is very good.

I vote Babcock coaches the rest of the season as if it was a road game, forget line matching and let the other team get last change at home.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
upload_2018-11-3_22-8-19.png

I think this matches the eyetest. Leafs were getting chances all day from right in front of the net. Penguins were getting their chances from the blueline

Reactions: Heritage

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Kap looks absolutely electric. His ability to turn seemingly routine plays into grade A chances is very good.

I vote Babcock coaches the rest of the season as if it was a road game, forget line matching and let the other team get last change at home.
Yeah - looks like an innocent play, next thing you know he's in alone

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
wonderful wonderful, ohh **** Marner is going to get 10
If the guy can score 90 points per game and finish top-10 in NHL scoring, then he is worth it. Lets see him crack 70 points first however before we start worrying about him causing "capageddon".

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Could be that Tavares is pressing a bit at home in his first year as a leaf.
He looks so much more relaxed on the road..

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->