Pressure on the young ones...

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
I understand its the second year in a three year rebuild..Silf,Zibby,Wier,Da Costa,Boro,Benoit are being asked to do too much..Is it really good for their development if the team starts losing? Even players like Condra,Greening,Regin and Turris hell even Karlsson playing 30+ mins is not good....Murray has got to do something..

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
One the other...hand...this kind of pressure? Could be viewed as a good thing. Murray should see... if calling up a play'maker' will help the offense...before pulling the trigger..

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I understand its the second year in a three year rebuild..Silf,Zibby,Wier,Da Costa,Boro,Benoit are being asked to do too much..Is it really good for their development if the team starts losing? Even players like Condra,Greening,Regin and Turris hell even Karlsson playing 30+ mins is not good....Murray has got to do something..

If you are not prepared for pressure then go play over in Germany or England. This is the NHL. We can only hope that this kind of pressure grooms champions.

The Fuhr*

I don't think the Sens are playing bad.. That pass Wier made against the Habs was sick... Silf scoring goals is good for him.

Young teams hit road bumps especially if they lose there best forward... These players get to refine there game and develop... long term it wont hurt us.

Its not like our youth is being rushed... everyone is basically in there early 20's

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
If you are not prepared for pressure then go play over in Germany or England. This is the NHL. We can only hope that this kind of pressure grooms champions.

Please tell me what other team EVER had three rookie d-men in the line-up at once

Alfie and Philly are older as is Gonchar they are not the players they once were...We cant count on them...

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Yes it is ABSOLUTELY good for their development. You think NHL player's solidly into their 20's are better off in the AHL to develop? It is a question of if we can win with these player's not if it is good for their development. I can't think of player's being asked to do more than is possible for them. Benoit, Wiercioch, Borowiecki are each playing about 13-14 minutes a game. Silfverberg hasn't seemed out of place at all. Zibanejad is getting a taste of playing in the NHL. Karlsson is a mule and the Norris trophy winner.... he can play 30 mins a night when Gonchar is injured no problem.

I think everyone is being manged quite well. Put in situations that they should be able to succeed in. Maclean sure seems to know who to play during games. If a line is having a good game he plays them more. If a player is struggling in a role one period he is probably going to see a shift in his role later in the game.

So I am saying I 100% disagree with you.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Please tell me what other team EVER had three rookie d-men in the line-up at once

Alfie and Philly are older as is Gonchar they are not the players they once were...We cant count on them...

Gonchar has played outstanding. Alfredsson is playing fine. Phillips is what he is and that is not a problem.

Gonchar will return, Lundin will get healthy in a couple of weeks.

Not that big a problem. Though I would rather only have 2 of the Bingo call-ups on defence in any given game rather than 3! Come back Gonchar!!!!

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa

Your counting Benoit as a rookie? Stretch. Wiercioch and Boro are doing fine. This kind of pressure only eludes to better players. If they flame out like Butler, better sooner than later.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Your counting Benoit as a rookie? Stretch. Wiercioch and Boro are doing fine. This kind of pressure only eludes to better players. If they flame out like Butler, better sooner than later.

Sorry should have said a career AHLer my bad

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON

Ouch... take that English hockey leagues!

Its not like people expect this team to win the cup, so I don't see how we are asking too much of them. Karlsson playing 30+ mins is definitely good if he can physically handle it. He's a superstar and its good he wants to do that.

Also - what do you mean by do something? The only option is making trades, but does it really make sense to give up any assets right now? Any player that would legitimately make a difference is going to cost a ton to get.

I think we just need to weather the storm - there are a lot of highlights and this team is still competitive. They have a hard time scoring goals right now but even in this losing streak its been 1 goal games.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Too much pressure on our defenceman. Karlsson played 32 minutes yesterday because Weircoch, Benoit and Boro were playing. We needed another defenceman to start the year and we still do.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Ouch... take that English hockey leagues!

Its not like people expect this team to win the cup, so I don't see how we are asking too much of them. Karlsson playing 30+ mins is definitely good if he can physically handle it. He's a superstar and its good he wants to do that.

Also - what do you mean by do something? The only option is making trades, but does it really make sense to give up any assets right now? Any player that would legitimately make a difference is going to cost a ton to get.

I think we just need to weather the storm - there are a lot of highlights and this team is still competitive. They have a hard time scoring goals right now but even in this losing streak its been 1 goal games.

By Something yes i mean a trade..I know the team is competing and the effort is there...We took the Rangers to 7 games we are almost there..

Number 1 goalie Check
Number 1 D-man Check
Number 1 C check

Whats fans dont seem to realize is we cant keep ALL our prospect so im in favor of making a deal too improve this team Now and in the future...

And i dont mean trade for a 35 year old.. But a player like ROR or a Perry and i realize you have too give..Untouchables for me are Spezza,Karlsson,Lehner,Silf,Cowen and Turris..I would trade our first and Zibby in a package for the right player..

You say we arent winning the cup then why not trade Anderson while his value is high? The return would be huge..

For the record i respect your views..

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
Silvf is going to be better if he gets more responsibility.
He is a natural leader and will be captain in a NHL team in 3-4 years.
Hopefully in Sens. Biased? Well yes somebit but after following him
in he´s 2 previous sesons in Brynäs IF i say he has that little extra when pressured. Could be bad for him just have a background role and a nonpressured rookie if you ask me.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
Can nanyone on here make a cool SENS February desktop background calendar to use? Someone on HF made one for me for January but I can't remember who it was...Would be much appreciated...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Too much pressure on our defenceman. Karlsson played 32 minutes yesterday because Weircoch, Benoit and Boro were playing. We needed another defenceman to start the year and we still do.

Karlsson played 32 mins because we needed to catch up, the other vets are not suited for that. If Gonchar was in, this wouldn't have been an issue. Any team loses it's second best puck mover and the same thing happens. If this was an every time thing, then we'd have an issue.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I personally think Wier is ready for a heavier workload. I thought he looked good out there the other day against MTL. I think him and Gonch on pairing #2 would be a solid one for us long term.

How long is Lundin out for anyway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad