Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

two out of three*

On "Calgary's Radio Station" they are saying that they are going to talk 10 minutes from now.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
ranold26 said:
Very positive!!!!!!!!! :)

:dunno: That is not the feeling I got. All he said they need time to absorb everything and will propose a counter offer on Tueday.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Tuggy said:
:dunno: That is not the feeling I got. All he said they need time to absorb everything and will propose a counter offer on Tueday.

Isn't that what we all expected?

That's what I did.

swflyers8*

Need to read more fully he said. He said it does save money...now. He is looking to fix the system. That's understandable. The proposal had about 10 tabs to it.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Basically the NHL thinks the NHLPA offer is reputable and has drastic points in its ability to help towards a framework. NHL won't comment, but they said it will be reviewed systemically and a counter-offer will be drafted and given to the NHLPA on Tuesday, after the GMs review it.

PS.....This means they are really talking now, just not putting on a show for the media. Believe me, this could of been totally different. Seeing Bettman talk on this, leads me to believe he think something can be done, because he could of been spewing a total NHL stance.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Bettman still talking about no cap/no linkage. So my guess is: counter proposal on Tueday containing cap/linkage - players reject .

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Tuggy said:
Bettman still talking about no cap/no linkage. So my guess is: counter proposal on Tueday containing cap/linkage - players reject .

Yup, there wont be a season.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ranold26 said:
Basically the NHL thinks the NHLPA offer is reputable and has drastic points in its ability to help towards a framework. NHL won't comment, but they said it will be reviewed systemically and a counter-offer will be drafted and given to the NHLPA on Tuesday, after the GMs review it.

thanks- that's what i was hoping to hear. the fact that he hasn't spit in the PA's face, so to speak, is as good as we could've expected today. the counter on tuesday, followed by a reaction from the PA should tell us much more

Kessick

Dec 25, 2003
Hockey Universe, ON
Visit site
that was a sad joke, Bettman. A very bad joke....lol.

Bettman's noncommittal. He says everything is status quo because they haven't reviewed the proposal in it's entirety. He adds that it's a very thick binder - so it's something the union's been working on for awhile.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
GARY TRIED TO MAKE A JOKE!!! Sum1 got hit in the head with a mic and he saids "High Micing" WOW **** U LITTLE MIDGET..U DONT EVEN LIKE HOCKEY. GO AWAY FROM OUR SPORT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->