Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I haven't got a clue how these things work, nor do I have speakers on my computer here at work to motivate me to figure it out, but http://www.tsn.ca has a link on their front page to the conference via cybercast......

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
The Score popped in before Bettman and Daly pooped in and confirmed that there are another set of talks for next week on Tuesday or Wednesday in New York... they also said that they suspect it was a very signifigant proposal from the PA.

That being said, the Press Conf. hasnt started yet. Will keep watching.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Cool, thanks Benji. I hope it works for me.

This conference better have some sort of good news coming out of it. :(

SPARTAKUS*

hey guys are you optimistic that a deal could be done? I know i am.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Sportsnet's live contact at the ACC said that the owner's are still meeting among themselves so the conference has been delay a few minutes.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Benji Frank said:
I posted this story on another thread....

Apparently the offer's been well received despite no cost certainty...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=107451

That article sounded promising, but why are they waiting until next week to talk again as opposed tomorrow? They probably want to draw up a counter offer, but I say that they stop dragging their heels and stay up all night to make an offer if they have to. It's December...they need to get moving.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I hope nobody expected them to come out and say that the lockout was over and the season will start today, these things take time, lawyers have to go over everything, etc...

The good news IMO, is that the meeting is over, and none of the players came out and bashed the owners and vice versa...the deal the NHLPA offered obviously interested Bettman, there's probably going to be a few tweaks and what not, but I think that we as fans should be very happy with today's developments, now I could be way off, but I think that today has been positive, and the fact that there are more talks scheduled, indicate that there is a deal to be made with this latest proposal

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
i agree, the longer they wait to make a announcement, the better.

but wait, why would they have an announcement if they don't have anything to report, one way or the other?

is it possible they've decided to put on the season, and work on this contract through the remainder of this current season? i mean it is a OWNERS lockout and not a strike. :dunno:

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Sakuuuuu said:
Heh, this just shows how confused the reporters are because tsn had been reporting that little progress was made up until not long ago :joker: .

Yup, but nonetheles, this is good news.

The owners will counter on Tuesday, it will contain cost certainty, most likely, but rumors have been swirling according to Bill Watters that the players will "capitulate" or "fold" in the two weeks after the NHL's counter proposal.

This is interesting, there is some hope.

Go Flames Go*

My Gin N Juice potion got them thinking straight the oranges got them on the right track. Thank me for a possible deal.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Nich said:
i agree, the longer they wait to make a announcement, the better.

but wait, why would they have an announcement if they don't have anything to report, one way or the other?

is it possible they've decided to put on the season, and work on this contract through the remainder of this current season? i mean it is a OWNERS lockout and not a strike. :dunno:

That is highly unlikely. The league will not even open training camps until the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted, unlike 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad