GDT: Presenting... "The Blackhawks Brothers" | Hawks @ Preds | 7 p.m. on CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
bluesbrothers_blackhawks.jpg

Kane: We're putting the band back together.

mrfabulous_versteeg.jpg

Versteeg: Forget it. No way.

bluesbrothers_blackhawks.jpg

Toews: We're on a mission from God.

Kane: If you say no, Tazer and I will come here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of the week.

patrick-kane-unicorn-head-595x330.jpg

mrfabulous_versteeg.jpg

Versteeg: Okay, okay. I'll play. You got me.

Patrick+Kane+Kris+Versteeg+Vancouver+Canucks+qRCx6dQ04sPl.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

blackhawksbarsign.jpg

Projected Lineups:

Chicago Blackhawks

Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Saad-Pirri-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Versteeg
Bollig-Kruger-Smith

Seabrook-Keith
Hjalmarrson-Oduya
Leddy-Rozsival/Brookbank

Khabibulin

Nashville Predators
Wilson-Fisher-Stalberg
Bourque-Legwand-Hornqvist
Spaling-Cullen-Forsberg
Hendricks-Gaustad-Smith

Josi-Weber
Ekholm-Klein
Jones-Ellis

Hutton​

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's 442 miles to Nashville, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
Since this question will inevitably be asked: the cap hit of Raanta with the Hawks + Khabibulin buried in the minors/overseas is exactly the same as Khabi's full cap hit. It's $1.7 million either way.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It's 925K. Provided Raanta doesn't hit any bonuses, it's the same cap hit. I know he hasn't played well, but Khabi at his cap hit together with Raanta's was a shrewd move by Bowman. Had an exact budget planned for the backup spot no matter who it was at a given point.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Seems like fate that Steeger's first game back with the Hawks is in Music City.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
It's 925K. Provided Raanta doesn't hit any bonuses, it's the same cap hit. I know he hasn't played well, but Khabi at his cap hit together with Raanta's was a shrewd move by Bowman. Had an exact budget planned for the backup spot no matter who it was at a given point.

I was going to say pretty much this exact thing. Bowman knows that he can spend right to the cap, and so he engineered those contracts in such a way as to make them essentially risk-free. If he isn't a finalist for GMOTY, then the voters are simply braindead.

member 151739

I hope we hear more of Versteeg rapping come summertime, and nice GDT. I can't do Photoshop. :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Just noticed there is a YouTube of a Versteeg singing in a cowboy hat and I didn't include it in the original post. LOL.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Should be interesting with Khabibulin on net... hopefully after the game we're not complaining that we didn't just give Hutton a shot. Excited to see how Versteeg looks and track how my favorite non-Hawk prospect in a while in Seth Jones does against our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad