MtRundle

We once were warriors.
Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
X- Zibanejad - Lazar/Noesen
Prince - Turris/Pageau - Stone/Silfverberg
Puempel - Pageau -X
Condra - Smith -X

I don't see Lazar being put on C. Something about Noesen makes me think Corey Perrey.:)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Silfverberg-Zibanejad-Lazar
Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Prince-Pageau-Noesen
Greening-Grant-Condra
Da Costa/Petersson

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Wiercioch-Wikstrand
Claesson/Borowiecki

Lehner
Driedger

* Anderson and Spezza could still be there for a while, they're not old at all
** Da Costa and Petersson are my 2 wild cards and could replace injured/bust players
*** I don't even know where to put Mark Stone and Matt Puempel lolz

Yeah, at the very least it shows an ALL PROSPECT TEAM or something. There's just no way this is ever the Senators lineup.

Yup, the way I saw this thread

I have Turris, Michalek, Karlsson, Methot, Greening, Condra and Cowen in there because they're still young or very young... So if I'm not mistaken, my team is an under 30 y/o team

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Clarkson
Zibanejad- Pageau - Stone
Condra - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian/Conacher - JOB could be waived
- scoring goals just got a lot harder

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Phillips
Cowen - Gryba/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

pearcey

Jun 14, 2013
Next year
Michalek - Spezza - Silfverberg
Conacher - Turris - Zibanejad
McCarthur - Pageau - Stone(Lazar for the first 9 games)
Greening - Smith - Neil

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Gryba
Phillips - Wiercoich

Future
Silfverberg - Spezza - Stone
Conacher - Turris - Zibanejad
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar
Greening - Smith - Noeson

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Wiercoich - Gryba

C - Spezza
A- Phillips
A - Neil
A - Karlsson
A - Methot

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Conacher-Turris-Stone
Michalek/prince-Zbad-Silfverberg
Dzyurski-Obrian-greening
Noesen-Grant-Cowick

Methot-karlsson
Wier-Ceci
Cowen-Boro
Gryda

Lehner
Dreiger

Last edited:

mirec73

Sep 30, 2009
Silferberg, noesen gone, Bobby Ryan in

how it will be next year with Silferberg, noesen gone, Bobby Ryan in???

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Conacher-Spezza-Ryan
Greening-Turris-Michalek
Macarthur-Zibanejad-Pageau
Condra-Smith-Neil

that looks good. if stone goes in as a playmaker for 1st line, could go with,

Ryan-Spezza-Stone (i like this if stone can keep up)
Conacher-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Zibanejad-Pageau
MacArthur-Smith-Neil
Condra

it will work itself out. bottom line - we have options:nod:

prince, hoffman will be ready very soon

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Our forwards are shaping up pretty nicely. The first line is complete with the addition of Ryan, now we just need a second-line goalscorer and some nasty grinders for the 3rd/4th lines to ice a very competitive squad.

9MM - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - ______ (Need a scoring winger)
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

Extras: Pageau, Stone, Hoffman, Puempel, Lazar, and Prince.

First line - Complete, if it can stay healthy
Second line - Hole at RW needs to either be filled with internal options or a trade/UFA in the next year
Third line - has real potential if Zib/Cony can develop into offensive threats. As much as I love Condra, it would be great to swap him for a bruising forward.
Fourth line - One of the best in the league, in my opinion.

Meanwhile, we have the extras listed above to plug holes or trade for immediate help. That's a deep forward corps, with the ability to roll three lines of offense and a momentum shifting fourth line. On the defensive end of things:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - _______
Phillips - Gryba

Extras: Wiercioch, Borowiecki, Ceci.

The defense could use some tuning up. These guys were great flying by the seat of their pants last year, but they got eaten alive during the Pens series. A healthy Karlsson and Cowen will help, but we really need a #3 veteran defender (preferably right-shot) for the second-pairing. If Lehner/Andy can continue their solid play, nevermind putting up a ridiculous .940%, the back-end should be solid as well.

I'm pretty pleased with the direction we're heading in.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Ugh, I hate the fact that we traded Noesen. Makes me think Murray has big plans for Stone though. He's arguably a better piece that Anaheim may have preferred.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ugh, I hate the fact that we traded Noesen. Makes me think Murray has big plans for Stone though. He's arguably a better piece that Anaheim may have preferred.

Apparently we moved Noesen because Management sees Lazar as a better upgrade over him.

Anyway, I'll refrain from saying my line combos cause I think we could see a Hemsky trade or Penner/Brunner signing.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Kinda feel like going into next season the lines may shape up like this

Conacher-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Zbad-Stone/Hoffman
Condra-Smith-Neil

Karlsson-Methot
Cowen-Wiercoch
Phillips-Gryba

Looks good if the team can stay relatively healthy, an entire season of a healthy Spezza and Karlsson makes us so much better by itself

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Present Future : Its all there.

Ryan-Spezza-Stone
Turris-Zibanejad-Michalek
Greening-Pageau-Condra
MacArthur-Smith-Neil
Conacher, Kassian

That first line needs hands (Ryan and Stone) but it needs someone to go to the dirty areas as well. Not sure I want Spezza('s back) there.

Zibanejad is becoming a dominant centre - he has to stay there. Michalek's knees will slow him and he definately is no longer a first line player. Did Turris play LW or RW in Phoenix?

Conacher for me is the guy MacLean has up his sleeve to bring energy when someone else is needing a push. He plays RW or LW as needed up and down the lineup. If he needs to be a Top 6, then 2nd could look at Conacher-Zibanejad-Turris, pushing Michalek to Pageau and Condra to the energy guy.

Prince, Hoffman as call ups

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Be interesting to see what Murrary does before next years draft/if he tries for a 1st some how

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Apparently we moved Noesen because Management sees Lazar as a better upgrade over him.

Anyway, I'll refrain from saying my line combos cause I think we could see a Hemsky trade or Penner/Brunner signing.

I think I read that or heard that somewhere as well. But do you happen to know where you read it?

Also, I have also been thinking about Penner as a potential candidate. Give him the Lats contract. 1 year 3 million or something like that.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan
McArthur - Turris - Zibanejad
Greening - Pageau - Conacher
Condra - Smith - Neil
Kassian

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
Present Future : Its all there.

Ryan-Spezza-Stone
Turris-Zibanejad-Michalek
Greening-Pageau-Condra
MacArthur-Smith-Neil
Conacher, Kassian

That first line needs hands (Ryan and Stone) but it needs someone to go to the dirty areas as well. Not sure I want Spezza('s back) there.

Zibanejad is becoming a dominant centre - he has to stay there. Michalek's knees will slow him and he definately is no longer a first line player. Did Turris play LW or RW in Phoenix?

Conacher for me is the guy MacLean has up his sleeve to bring energy when someone else is needing a push. He plays RW or LW as needed up and down the lineup. If he needs to be a Top 6, then 2nd could look at Conacher-Zibanejad-Turris, pushing Michalek to Pageau and Condra to the energy guy.

Prince, Hoffman as call ups

Both Murray and Maclean are anal about players playing the side they shoot. Ryan is a natural right winger. And Mac only plays Michalek on the right side if he absolutely has to. I know he played right side with Spez and Greening, but now with Ryan here, MM will most definitely play left side. Turris is a better second line center than Zibby and won't get bumped. If anything Turris centers with Zib at right wing until a legit top six right winger is brought in. And Macarthur was not brought in as an FA to be a fourth liner. If Murray can get another top six winger or if Stone shows significant progress as 2nd line right winger, then Zibby gets bumped down to 3rd line center. And I'm not convinced with Pageau despite his one great playoff game. Zibby played most of the season and is higher on the depth chart.

Jonathan81

Sep 12, 2011
Both Murray and Maclean are anal about players playing the side they shoot. Ryan is a natural right winger. And Mac only plays Michalek on the right side if he absolutely has to. I know he played right side with Spez and Greening, but now with Ryan here, MM will most definitely play left side. Turris is a better second line center than Zibby and won't get bumped. If anything Turris centers with Zib at right wing until a legit top six right winger is brought in. And Macarthur was not brought in as an FA to be a fourth liner. If Murray can get another top six winger or if Stone shows significant progress as 2nd line right winger, then Zibby gets bumped down to 3rd line center. And I'm not convinced with Pageau despite his one great playoff game. Zibby played most of the season and is higher on the depth chart.

Well you should be pumped with Pageau because he didn't has only one great game but he outplayed Zib and Silf and Conacher in the whole playoff. This kid his really special and i think that we have 1st line center material with JGP.:nod:

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

this thread was meant to talk about the team way down the road. how far do you think zibby and turris are going to develop? maybe zibby has higher potential in this person's eyes and will pass turris some day. seeing as this is also for the future, but while using pieces we have now, they put macrthur in the spot he thinks macarthur would play in the future. pageau could totally be a third line center down the road, or as soon as next season.

or maybe the poster made another line-up for next season post in the "present future" (using our present pieces to make projection down the line) :laugh:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

I'm so pleased you stated all that. I've seen Ryan as a LW because that's where Ducks played him. I concur with the RW spot on our roster. I just prefer Michalek on the 2nd line now with his knees and all. So we need LW1 and Turris might get that. He played the wing in Phoenix and he gets dirty, and he's got hands. Natural fit with the other two maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad