Line Combos: Present Future

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
This would be my lineup for next season, I would trade whoever isn't there to upgrade a need or for picks which is more likely since we may not have enough money in future to pay our players:

Ryan - Spezza - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Greening - Zibanejad - Robinson (big, fast line)
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Kassian goes in, JOB comes out, Smith moves to centre

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Corvo
Phillips - Gryba/Wiercioch goes in, Phillips comes out

Anderson - Lehner

I'm sorry bud but Conacher will be a top 9 forward on the Sens next year.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
link

Interesting first line. Zibby stays at centre.

eyes must have been deceiving me on zibby. thought he was centering a random and silf most of the time. i'm pretty sure he played wing when he was with smith, but i remember a lot of zibby at center.

he did take the third most face-offs on our team last year.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
This would be my lineup for next season, I would trade whoever isn't there to upgrade a need or for picks which is more likely since we may not have enough money in future to pay our players:

Ryan - Spezza - Stone
Greening - Zibanejad - Robinson (big, fast line)
Z. Smith - JOB - Neil/Kassian goes in, JOB comes out, Smith moves to centre

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Corvo
Phillips - Gryba/Wiercioch goes in, Phillips comes out

Anderson - Lehner

:laugh:

Robinson over ALL of Pageau, Conacher and Condra.

This follows last year's beauties that included:

Grant will replace Smith as the 3rd C in Ottawa by next year.

Culek is more deserving of a spot in Bingo over Pageau or Prince. :laugh::laugh:

Pageau will spend 2012-2013 in the ECHL. :shakehead

I'd expect and hope to see something like.

Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
Greening - Pageau - Zibanejad
Condra - Smith - Neil

Pageau and Zib can flip flop between C and W depending on who's taking draws well.

EDIT: Every line has a role. All can play in their own end. All have a mix of speed and size.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
eyes must have been deceiving me on zibby. thought he was centering a random and silf most of the time. i'm pretty sure he played wing when he was with smith, but i remember a lot of zibby at center.

he did take the third most face-offs on our team last year.

Your correct that is a strange article !!!

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
What I expect:

FORWARDS
Cory Conacher ($0.925m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Colin Greening ($0.817m) / Mika Zibanejad ($1.744m) / Jean-Gabriel Pageau ($0.613m)
Erik Condra ($1.300m) / Zack Smith ($1.888m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
Matt Kassian ($0.575m) / Jim O'Brien ($0.638m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($3.500m) / Joe Corvo ($0.900m)
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Patrick Wiercioch ($1.500m)
Eric Gryba ($0.563m) /
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($0.870m)
OTHER
Buyout: Bobby Butler ($0.200m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $56,885,833; BONUSES: $850,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $8,264,167

What I want:

FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Jason Spezza ($7.000m) / Ales Hemsky ($3.350m—33.0%)
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Kyle Turris ($3.500m) / Milan Michalek ($4.333m)
Cory Conacher ($0.925m) / Mika Zibanejad ($1.744m) / Mark Stone ($0.873m)
Colin Greening ($0.817m) / Jean-Gabriel Pageau ($0.613m) / Chris Neil ($1.900m)
Matt Kassian ($0.575m) / Erik Condra ($1.400m)
DEFENSEMEN
Marc Methot ($3.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m)
Jared Cowen ($3.500m) / Patrick Wiercioch ($1.500m)
Chris Phillips ($3.083m) / Eric Gryba ($0.563m)
Joe Corvo ($0.900m)
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson ($3.188m)
Robin Lehner ($0.870m)
OTHER
Buyout: Bobby Butler ($0.200m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,684,167; BONUSES: $1,120,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $6,735,833

How do you EXPECT Wiercioch to play Off Side defence when he can hardly work his way into the lineup on his strong side. I would also question a 1.5m contract. 1.125 would be max in his second year of two years. I could even see a two way 900,000 for the first year. He hasn't proved himself as a regular two way player. By Expecting it you seem to not have any faith in the coaches. I sure don't expect him to play his off side..that is very difficult for anybody but the quickest players and his first few strides are not the quickest. His strength is in the offensive zone and making defensive plays has not been his strength.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
How do you EXPECT Wiercioch to play Off Side defence when he can hardly work his way into the lineup on his strong side. I would also question a 1.5m contract. 1.125 would be max in his second year of two years. I could even see a two way 900,000 for the first year. He hasn't proved himself as a regular two way player. By Expecting it you seem to not have any faith in the coaches. I sure don't expect him to play his off side..that is very difficult for anybody but the quickest players and his first few strides are not the quickest. His strength is in the offensive zone and making defensive plays has not been his strength.
Because he is able to play RD better than Cowen is, just based off the fact that they have used Wiercioch on the right side before, and not Wiercioch.

I wholeheartedly disagree with everything you said in that post. The barely struggling to work into the lineup part, the two way contract part, the strong side part. He's played RD in the past.

I'd rather Wiercioch play LD, but the fact is that the Senators are going to go into the Season with 4 LD and 2 RD if Gryba is the #7. Jared Cowen has never had a single shift as a RD, and Chris Phillips is flat out awful there, so Wiercioch is my choice.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada

Wiercioch played 42 out of 48 games last year, how is that barely being in the lineup?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
NHL proven forwards (over 80 games of experience): Spezza, Michalek, Ryan, Turris, MacArthur, Greening, Condra, Smith, Neil = 9

NHL ready forwards that have under 65 games of NHL experience: Zibanejad, Conacher, Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, O'Brien = 6

That's 15. Excited to see who wins a spot, who tears up the AHL, who produces, who falters... Pumped!!!

NHL proven defensemen: Methot, Karlsson, Cowen, Corvo, Phillips = 5

NHL ready or close to being ready defensemen: Gryba, Wiercioch, Borowiecki, Ceci = 4

That's 9. Lots of competition!!

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
NHL proven forwards (over 80 games of experience): Spezza, Michalek, Ryan, Turris, MacArthur, Greening, Condra, Smith, Neil = 9

NHL ready forwards that have under 65 games of NHL experience: Zibanejad, Conacher, Hoffman, Stone, Pageau, O'Brien = 6

That's 15. Excited to see who wins a spot, who tears up the AHL, who produces, who falters... Pumped!!!

NHL proven defensemen: Methot, Karlsson, Cowen, Corvo, Phillips = 5

NHL ready or close to being ready defensemen: Gryba, Wiercioch, Borowiecki, Ceci = 4

That's 9. Lots of competition!!

I think Prince doesn't get a spot with the big club this year, goes to the AHL and is pretty much a PPG player. This kid is Jason Pominville 2.0, IMO. He'll force Murray's hand for next year's opening lineup.

I think Stone will be in tough to make the team this year too and I expect him to do well at the AHL level. He really needs to work on his foot speed though. He'll struggle to play big minutes in the show unless he can get faster. A lot faster.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Wiercioch played 42 out of 48 games last year, how is that barely being in the lineup?

TOI TIME ON ICE..little confidence shown by coach Mac. Sheltered minutes. I suspect about 1/3 of his time was PP. I can't count the number of times he let up when the puck was dumped in an the got to the puck second and could not break the puck away from the man.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
TOI TIME ON ICE..little confidence shown by coach Mac. Sheltered minutes. I suspect about 1/3 of his time was PP. I can't count the number of times he let up when the puck was dumped in an the got to the puck second and could not break the puck away from the man.

lol what

TOI: 659:08
ESTOI: 559:07
PPTOI: 97:22

You are only off by over 100 minutes.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Dont you get the point. Sheltered minutes. Healthy scratched when a choice between him and Benoit near the end. Super weak...no coach confidence

Wiercioch played every game except for 2 from Feb. 18th till the end of season, keep trying. Thats 32 out of the final 34 games FYI. Oh and Benoit didn't play in either game that he was scratched for.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Don't mind it, Canuckman44 has been an anti-Wiercioch for a while...

Personally, I really like what I saw from Wiercioch in his rookie year, and I like the fact that the Sens are bringing him slowly but surely.

======================================

I thought about new lines

Turris-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Zibanejad-Michalek
Greening-Pageau-Conacher
Condra-Smith-Neil
Kassian/O'Brien

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Corvo
Phillips-Wiercioch
Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

Good luck Alfie. And our team is freaking fast

Last edited:

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I know ive been a bit fixated but I want to get this over with once and for all, so no one thinks Stone will make it? Or does he need to improve his skating!

These would be my lines

Zibanejad Spezza Ryan

Michalek Turris Macarthur

Conacher Pageau Stone

Neil Smith Greening

Karlsson Methot

Cowen Wiercoich

Gryba Phillips

Corvo

Andersson

Lehner

If Stone has a monstrous training camp, he has to win a spot

WhiteLight*

We've been over this, Turris isn't playing wing under any circumstance.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm sorry bud but Conacher will be a top 9 forward on the Sens next year.

If you read what I wrote I said that it would be my lineup, the players I would go with, not who I think the team will eventually go with, which is different. And most likely the Sens will go with the majority of players they have under contract right now which I agree includes Conacher. He just wouldn't be in my lineup. The only question to start the season really is whether Pageau will start the yr in Ottawa or Bingo. I think everyone else is pretty much set, no real surprises unless someone steps up at TC & forces a decision.

Was that what we were suppose to do here guess what the lineup will be for game 1 of the new season? Cause I see some other people writing what their lines would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad