Preseason Top 30 for 2016 NHL Draft

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
My first list of the year, here's my preseason top 30 (of OHL players) for the 2016 Entry Draft.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2015/08/preseason-top-30-for-2016-nhl-draft.html

30. Connor Bunnaman
29. Drake Rymsha
28. Noah Carroll
27. Tyler Parsons
26. Anthony Salintrini
25. Zach Poirier
24. Christopher Paquette
23. Troy Timpano
22. Adam Mascherin
21. Joseph Raaymakers
20. Keaton Middleton
19. Jonathan Ang
18. Evan Cormier
17. Dylan Wells
16. Nathan Bastian
15. Givani Smith
14. Luke Kirwan
13. Travis Barron
12. Will Bitten
11. Alex Debrincat
10. Tim Gettinger
9. Victor Mete
8. Taylor Raddysh
7. Brandon Saigeon
6. Jordan Kyrou
5. Tye Felhaber
4. Sean Day
3. Logan Brown
2. Michael McLeod
1. Jacob Chychrun

As always, I welcome your questions/comments.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Great stuff as always Brock!

From the limited viewings I saw from Chychrun last year you are bang on. Might potentially be better then Ekblad was at his age.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good list but very surprised you've got Mascherin that low, kid has great upside imo. Would like to hear your rationale.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Good list but very surprised you've got Mascherin that low, kid has great upside imo. Would like to hear your rationale.

In terms of the undersized guys available, I prefer Bitten and Debrincat right now. I feel more confident about their ability to transition to the pro game, than I do Mascherin because they're both dynamic skaters. Mascherin definitely has a high skill level, and he's very strong for a smaller player, but he always left me a little underwhelmed in my viewings of Kitchener last year (most of their forwards did in his defence). Ditto for his performance at the Ivan Hlinka camp. So we're left with a smaller offensive guy who has yet to find consistency and who lacks a dynamic skating ability. That's why he's lower for me right now. But, it's early. This list will change drastically in a couple of months (most likely).

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
In terms of the undersized guys available, I prefer Bitten and Debrincat right now. I feel more confident about their ability to transition to the pro game, than I do Mascherin because they're both dynamic skaters. Mascherin definitely has a high skill level, and he's very strong for a smaller player, but he always left me a little underwhelmed in my viewings of Kitchener last year (most of their forwards did in his defence). Ditto for his performance at the Ivan Hlinka camp. So we're left with a smaller offensive guy who has yet to find consistency and who lacks a dynamic skating ability. That's why he's lower for me right now. But, it's early. This list will change drastically in a couple of months (most likely).

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad