OT: Preseason tickets

itry

Jul 30, 2017
Seoul
A long time lurker, first time poster here.

So I'll have the pleasure of being in Vancouver for the last week of September and I'm looking to attend the Canucks game vs Calgary on the 28th. I've looked around for tickets and places like ticketnetwork.com and stubhub.com pop up. But I couldn't seem to find anything that seems official. So the question is, how should one go about getting the tickets for that game?

Also any extra information about attending a game there would be highly appreciated (how much time before the game should I arrive and so forth).

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just keep checking on the team website to see when they're on sale, I guess. Can't imagine they'll be that hard to come by; demand's plummeted under the current regime.

Preseason's no great shakes. The stadium skytrain station is literally right beside the arena. Grab a bite at any pub or restaurant of your choosing at 6, pound a couple of pints, and head on down for puck drop at a bit after 7. How I used to do it.

BCNeil

Apr 21, 2016
A long time lurker, first time poster here.

So I'll have the pleasure of being in Vancouver for the last week of September and I'm looking to attend the Canucks game vs Calgary on the 28th. I've looked around for tickets and places like ticketnetwork.com and stubhub.com pop up. But I couldn't seem to find anything that seems official. So the question is, how should one go about getting the tickets for that game?

Also any extra information about attending a game there would be highly appreciated (how much time before the game should I arrive and so forth).

It's too early to really start looking for tickets. I am a season ticket holder. We don't even get our tickets (paper copies and pdf files) until next month.....and the pdf even later.

Closer to the game date you will have no problem getting cheap tickets for a preseason game. Don't buy from the Canucks directly, that would be the most expensive way.

LorenzoVonMatterhorn

Jan 7, 2012
Vancouver
Stubhub (or similar) is likely your best bet, as the tix will go below cost on here (even after the Can to US conversion and StubHub Fees)

There's bars and restaurants around (The Pint is a fairly popular sports bar on Abbott street, Boston Pizza is near by, etc. etc.). I personally get there around 6:30 or so, because I like walking around the arena, grabbing a snack, etc. before puck drop.

Nov 1, 2011
If you pay more than $10 for lowerbowl pre-season, you paid too much.

itry

Jul 30, 2017
Seoul
Hey thanks for all the answers! Guess getting the tickets isn't really a big problem. I'm not really concerned about the price anyways so I'll probably reserve one way before I even get to Canada.

Looking forward to see what Vancouver has to offer!

Nov 1, 2011
If you're looking for a good meal near skytrai downtown go for Miku (japanese).

CoveRat

Jun 30, 2012
Just a heads up that I heard from an inside source that the league waived the veteran rule for the game on the 17th so that more established players can go to China. You'll have a much younger crop of players playing that game and no Sedins/Horvat/etc.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
On the 29th, I got a Groupon email. Somewhere around the 28th or the 26th or something there is a deal that can fetch you 2 pre-season tickets for $69. https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-of...-4bc9-b2af-908bce6f6483_0_20170829_treatment3

pjbdwAD.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad