GDT: Preseason Rematch: Leafs @ Sabres 7PM 9.21.2019

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I really have liked Miller, seems like a very well rounded defenseman and has a booming shot.

I barely noticed Joker the second half of the game, seemed like he wasn't even out there but I wasn't watching super closely.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Disagree with Smith being a zero. He's been around the puck consistently and solid defensively. IMO, he's been more consistent with his play than Asplund.

Asplund has shown flashes.....but there are points where he's been a liability.

I thought he was one of the few forwards worthy in the CBJ game. I didn’t mind what I saw of him tonight either.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I really have liked Miller, seems like a very well rounded defenseman and has a booming shot.

I barely noticed Joker the second half of the game, seemed like he wasn't even out there but I wasn't watching super closely.

Joker had a real nice play at our blueline keeping Mitch "next coming of McJesus" Marner at bay. Had some nice flashes but some brain farts too. If he can keep the brain farts under control, he's gonna be a good one.

Reactions: Rasmi

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Missed the game almost entirely aside from the boxscore, Can anyone give me a rundown?

McJesus Junior did his thing. So did JT.

From a Sabres perspective -- goaltending could be an issue. Hutton looked awful on 2 of the goals against. Otherwise, the Sabres played a mostly solid, aggressive game. Our puck pursuit is vastly improved. Our defense is vastly improved. Dahlin finally woke up after the 1st period, further helping things. Risto had a Risto game -- a few gaffes, but also some very nice plays. Sam was dominant.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
McJesus Junior did his thing. So did JT.

From a Sabres perspective -- goaltending could be an issue. Hutton looked awful on 2 of the goals against. Otherwise, the Sabres played a mostly solid, aggressive game. Our puck pursuit is vastly improved. Our defense is vastly improved. Dahlin finally woke up after the 1st period, further helping things. Risto had a Risto game -- a few gaffes, but also some very nice plays. Sam was dominant.

Who is McJesus jr?

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
This may have been asked already, so I apologize in advance. I watched last night and tonight's on NHLtv, and MSG-B was the broadcast I selected both nights, but was stuck with those awful announcers. Both broadcasts showed the same leaf fluffers both nights, wtf? Could anyone see our broadcast people?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
This may have been asked already, so I apologize in advance. I watched last night and tonight's on NHLtv, and MSG-B was the broadcast I selected both nights, but was stuck with those awful announcers. Both broadcasts showed the same leaf fluffers both nights, wtf? Could anyone see our broadcast people?

Nope. MSG was simulcasting the Rogers Sportsnet feed.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Considering he’s usually a guy that just skates away, yeah it was out of character

It was a player who had no choice but to grab a guy and hold on. Honestly its silly you’re trying make this into some heroic out of character act of defiance.

I’ll be over here praising his amazing passing instead.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Missed the game almost entirely aside from the boxscore, Can anyone give me a rundown?

Sorry, spent a beautiful night outside with my Lady! Box score though.......

Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD

TOR - 13:17 - John Tavares (1) (Kapanen, Muzzin)
BUF - 15:56 - Sam Reinhart (1) (Eichel, Miller)

SECOND PERIOD

TOR - 14:45 - Pierre Engvall (1) (Kapanen)
BUF - 7:50 - Victor Olofsson (1) (Eichel, Dahlin) PP

THIRD PERIOD

TOR - 10:06 - Trevor Moore (1) (Gauthier, Muzzin) SH
BUF - 9:05 - Jimmy Vesey (1) (Reinhart),
17:24 -Victor Olofsson (2) (Reinhart),
19:08 -C.J. Smith (1) (Rodrigues) EN

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It was a player who had no choice but to grab a guy and hold on. Honestly its silly you’re trying make this into some heroic out of character act of defiance.

I’ll be over here praising his amazing passing instead.

Well aren’t you all high and mighty...

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

1) Hutton looked shaky.
2) Eichel had some stupid plays, a lot of the tryouts looked shaky, but overall there were flashes of good things to come. System looks better, I think guys are just being shuffled and it's tough to get into a rhythm with that- it's the kind of dysfunction I'm fine with in preseason. Miller looked great, Lazar looked good, Erod tried to do too much, Olofsson showed why he'll be a top 6 guy.
3) Reinhart made a few brilliant plays. He rarely jumps off the screen, but if that's how he'll be passing.. ppg isn't out of the question. He and Olofsson look good together.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
1) Hutton looked shaky.
2) Eichel had some stupid plays, a lot of the tryouts looked shaky, but overall there were flashes of good things to come. System looks better, I think guys are just being shuffled and it's tough to get into a rhythm with that- it's the kind of dysfunction I'm fine with in preseason. Miller looked great, Lazar looked good, Erod tried to do too much, Olofsson showed why he'll be a top 6 guy.
3) Reinhart made a few brilliant plays. He rarely jumps off the screen, but if that's how he'll be passing.. ppg isn't out of the question. He and Olofsson look good together.
I'm thinking that Jack was treating it as a training exercise to some extent and trying things to see if they would work.

Reactions: IlikeEich

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad