preseason rankings

seamore

May 16, 2013
I know it doesnt mean ANYTHING, but I like the trend!

and F the Oilers and Knights!

Untitled.png

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Always nice to see wins, regardless of the context, as long as expectations remain reasonable.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It doesn't mean anything IMO.

All that matters in preseason is how the young guys who are battling for spots look.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Based on the standings and preseason results, I like our chances to advance to the second round if we face the ducks.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Def. less concerned about the results and more concerned about the play/process...but both look good right now!

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Having PLD, LAF, Lewis, Spence looking good and confident,Clarke looking like he at least belongs and CT and DR playing well enough bodes well , hockey is a team game more than most sports and having multiple pieces gel this quick should make for a good year.
The schedule is rough in october and its important to get off to a good start , 2 points in october is as good as 2 in mar/apr

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Sometimes pre-season results aren't an indicator of what's to come, although I will say in John Stevens last year as head coach before he got fired, the team looked really bad in pre-season and that continued into the regular season which lead to that disaster year. Not always the case, but you mostly got look out for the warning signs. I'm not seeing anything that they are doing as a whole that is making me uncomfortable or nervous.

I'm seeing more encouraging signs than I am seeing warning signs. Special teams could use some work though. PP I think will be fine once they get into a rhythm, PK is still a WIP.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Preseason, some teams use it as a look at their prospects , even ones who won't make the team this year, others use it for chemistry, trying to adjust lines, no team uses it as, yup we're winning the cup this year.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Half of these wins were essentially the Ontario Reign anyway. Not much to take away from this. The team has been playing well in the preseason. The only thing I really take away from preseason play is when individual players look really bad and we haven't really had any of those.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings NEED to come into the season on fire, there's really no excuse.

Veteran team with very little turnover that has gelled and has had the same coach/system (minus PK tweaks) for the last 5 years.

If you're not going to tolerate kids' mistakes, you had better be winning games with this lineup.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Has any team had an easier schedule, by the way?

We've faced Arizona twice, Anaheim three times, San Jose once, and Vegas once. We've got one more against San Jose and Vegas. If we came out of this preseason with more than 2 losses, I'd be pretty concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad