GDT: Preseason Game6: Coyotes @ Canucks - 7PM - NHL Network

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Soder is really going to make it hard to keep him off the team. So smooth and always makes the right play. He also manages to move the puck without taking a direct hit, something NONE of our other defensemen seem capable of doing. Our guys are always putting themselves in horrible spots where they end up getting lit up.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I like how Soderstrom takes the puck up the ice. He calmly skates around the forechecking forward.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
at what point does Hill start to be considered for more and more games?

Guy looks good

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Got to watch finally (missed first period)...team looks good. And many ahl guys impressed.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I thought Hill was relatively solid. Some of the goals were poor defensive breakdowns and not his fault. He always seems to have a shaky first 10 minutes though and then he locks in so you just have to get past that.

I don’t see the game breaking talent in Hill that separates the really top end goalies but he has good puck stopping ability overall and I don’t think he costs his team the game. And he doesn’t get hurt getting out of bed either so that’s a nice little plus.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski was the worst defenseman on our team by a wide margin. Soderstrom was really good.

Schmaltz is forcing everything and doing way too much in the offensive zone. And then doing absolutely jack shit in the defensive zone, where he sucks. Let’s hope it’s rust. It seems like rust.

Vinny passed up way too many glorious shots for hope passes. Just shoot. Glad to see him so involved though.

Liked the board work and net presence from Crouse and Fischer.

Hayton looked like he’s moving MUCH better. Clearly a smart player.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
No reason to keep Goligoski when we can just move Chychrun up to 2nd line and give Capobianco the 3rd line duties. In fact, with Soderstrom playing so well, I'd love to see a Capo/Soda 3rd pairing.

OEL/Hjalmarsson
Chychrun/Demers
Capobianco/Soderstrom

make it so!!!!

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
No reason to keep Goligoski when we can just move Chychrun up to 2nd line and give Capobianco the 3rd line duties. In fact, with Soderstrom playing so well, I'd love to see a Capo/Soda 3rd pairing.

OEL/Hjalmarsson
Chychrun/Demers
Capobianco/Soderstrom

make it so!!!!

Oesterle actually looked very solid. I’ve liked his game quite a bit since the end of last season. Led the team in ice time this game.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Goligoski was the worst defenseman on our team by a wide margin. Soderstrom was really good.

Schmaltz is forcing everything and doing way too much in the offensive zone. And then doing absolutely jack **** in the defensive zone, where he sucks. Let’s hope it’s rust. It seems like rust.

Vinny passed up way too many glorious shots for hope passes. Just shoot. Glad to see him so involved though.

Liked the board work and net presence from Crouse and Fischer.

Hayton looked like he’s moving MUCH better. Clearly a smart player.

Terrible coverage by Gologoski - Soderstrom is very smooth. I like our depth of AHLs - Bunting, Fasching, Chaput.

I am very glad we took Hayton over Quinn Hughes at this point. Hughes looked very week defensively - not saying he won't be a good player. I know you were very high on Quinn at draft time. I just like the way Hayton plays - Very smart - good hands with the puck.

I have a feeling Soderberg will be a key for our teams success. Not sure why - seems like always on the right side of the puck - fairly good size. I like him playing with Crouse.

I don't see a reason Hayton doesn't earn a spot and Soderstrom has a good chance also. Will need to see more of him.

We looked so much faster than Vancouver. With no Keller, Kessler and no OEL. It was a meaningless preseason game but was very encouraging.

Reactions: Yandover

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
He's not...Soderstrom is playing instead of Bush.

maybe it’s just me, I just don’t see anything special in Capo, like at all.

My list of Defense this camp

OEL
Hammer
Demers
Chych
Bush
Oesterle
Soderstrom (in no order up to this point)

Capo
Russo
Gross
Ness
Goligoski

I think Soderstrom is NHL ready, I just don’t think he outplayed anyone above his name on this list by a far enough margin to keep him in NA this year. One more year in Sweden can’t hurt.

I think the opening night D is

OEL - Demers
Chych - Hammer
Goose - Oesterle
Bush

Goligoski has been garbage in every game I watched him play. Literally the worst defenseman every game I watched him in. We need to figure out a way to trade him.

I would like to see

OEL - Demers
Chych - Hammer
Oesterle - Bush
Capo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad