GDT: Preseason Game: San Jose Sharks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | The last one.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Excited about the depth of the team. Glass and Hague deserve to start the season up. If they don't they should be the first Wolves called in case of injury. Schuldt finally played well.

Nice to have Schuldt, Whitecloud, and Coghlan on the Wolves. All seem close. (Assuming Schuldt goes to Chicago)

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think we have a lot of options in defense but most of them are offensive minded options. And most are LD.

McNabb- Schmidt
Hague- Theodore
Merrill- Engelland
Holden

You need McNabb and Engelland for toughness and grit, and the PK. Schmidt and Theodore have shown they are the best defensemen Vegas has. Holden can be a 7D who only plays if we can't recall a rookie in time for an injury. Hague has earned his shot and Merrill showed enough that he still has that bottom pairing.

I think Schuldt had a great game but Hague has played better overall and has more upside. Having Schuldt, Coghlan, Bischoff, Pachal and Whitecloud gives the Wolves a very nice defense for another Calder Cup run and helps our prospects get good development.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
In the battle of the rookie d, I think Hague had the best preseason to be honest.

I don't disagree with that at all. I actually liked him better last night, but that's because I like that style of defense. Schuldt did a great job, just the styles can't really be directly compared.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't disagree with that at all. I actually liked him better last night, but that's because I like that style of defense. Schuldt did a great job, just the styles can't really be directly compared.

That was actually the only game I was impressed by Schuldt's play so the decision would be easy I would think.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Oh, by the way, mad respect for the DJ throwing up "We're not Gonna Take It" with absolutely impeccable timing last night.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Just throwing this out there as it shows the refs just make shit up as they go along.

But according to the box score Kane got a misconduct for abuse of official not a game misconduct, which means it wasn’t for physical abuse of official as there is no misconduct only game misconduct so no automatic suspension under rule 40. Which means he was given a misconduct for verbal abuse of official which he did not meet the criteria for not having previously or even at the time assessed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just throwing this out there as it shows the refs just make **** up as they go along.

But according to the box score Kane got a misconduct for abuse of official not a game misconduct, which means it wasn’t for physical abuse of official as there is no misconduct only game misconduct so no automatic suspension under rule 40. Which means he was given a misconduct for verbal abuse of official which he did not meet the criteria for not having previously or even at the time assessed a minor for unsportsmanlike conduct.

And yet (many hours after you posted this) he got his 3 games.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
And yet (many hours after you posted this) he got his 3 games.
Well it’s what was warranted by the actions but does raise some questions based on above, unless for some reason they didn’t release the final box until after the suspension was invoked

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It is pretty hilarious to think the Knights and the fans don't want Kane out there. Kane shits the bed every time he plays the Knights and hurts his team somehow, by all means please let him play.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It is pretty hilarious to think the Knights and the fans don't want Kane out there. Kane ****s the bed every time he plays the Knights and hurts his team somehow, by all means please let him play.

I totally want Kane on the ice against us. He may as well be wearing a VGK sweater.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It is pretty hilarious to think the Knights and the fans don't want Kane out there. Kane ****s the bed every time he plays the Knights and hurts his team somehow, by all means please let him play.

The worst thing that could happen for VGK is they sign Marleau and they focus on skilled whistle-to-whistle hockey.

Luckily the past year or so they've been focused on toughness over skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00