Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #87: Bloog @ Caps | 4/21/18 | 3:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
What makes it more satisfying is it always seems the media is against the Caps and get super excited with Cap's opposition every series. It doesn't matter who calls the games, it just always seems they hate the Caps.
It seemed like listening to a cbj broadcast..in ot they said cbj just had their 3rd line change...both teams had just had their 3rd line change

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Kuznetsov is a superstar. What an individual performance from him taking the game over.
He might be the most skilled player in the NHL. Its too easy for him. So easy that sometimes I'm not sure he always puts in the effort. Which is why you sometimes see him make a lazy mistake. I'm glad we have him though.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
One or more of Kuzy, Nick and Eller have been instrumental in each of our 3 wins. strength down the middle
I gotta be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Eller. He puts in the effort and makes some good plays but he takes some selfish penalties and quite often makes poor decisions with the puck. While he is a good possession player I think he hangs onto the puck too long and usually ends up turning it over. How many times has he taken the puck from behind the opposing net to the blue line and turn it over instead if getting it back deep.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I gotta be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Eller. He puts in the effort and makes some good plays but he takes some selfish penalties and quite often makes poor decisions with the puck. While he is a good possession player I think he hangs onto the puck too long and usually ends up turning it over. How many times has he taken the puck from behind the opposing net to the blue line and turn it over instead if getting it back deep.

Not nearly as many times as he's worked his man in the corner and dished the puck to an open man, or held it practically indefinitely until a change could be made. Guy is on it and playing well right now overall, occasional mistakes aside (everyone has a few).

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia

If he didn't he would be 6,7M 2nd line center or smth.

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not nearly as many times as he's worked his man in the corner and dished the puck to an open man, or held it practically indefinitely until a change could be made. Guy is on it and playing well right now overall, occasional mistakes aside (everyone has a few).
He is a good player and puts in the effort. Makes poor decisions at times.
BTW I'm not convinced we need him in the future. I think Stephenson could be our 3rd line center in the near future. He is a better skater, better defensively and probably better on faceoffs.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
In the post game interview Trotz didn't sound happy with the first line. When asked about Kuzys play all Trotz said was we had some work to do with that line.
That was the line that seemed to always get hemmed in our zone. That line also made a very odd line change when they did clear the zone but only got it to center. Columbus was bringing it back in the zone and one of the forwards skated right by the guy and let him enter the zone unchallenged. Not sure which guy it was.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
What makes it more satisfying is it always seems the media is against the Caps and get super excited with Cap's opposition every series. It doesn't matter who calls the games, it just always seems they hate the Caps.
I know.
F n Ray Ferraro and whoever he was paired with were so obviously pro Cbus/ anti Caps.

Inane lines like late in the game didn't one of them say - Columbus is one goal from taking the series lead ! o_O Yeah, so were the Caps.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the 3. period though... i never seen anything like that. it reminded me of a basketball game where the away team hits a 3 pointer to silence the crowd, exept it was way bigger, like an elephant on the ice xd
you could feel the nervousness in the crowd and i am not sure if it spread to the players or the other way around. they were about to lose the game there, i hope they talk about this in a meeting or something... u cant just freeze for 20 mins.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
What was the deal with that Linesman who kept getting in the way at the end of the game? He did it at least 3 times

That was odd. He did it to Wilson and Carlson. Wilson looked like he had a hard time pulling up and not trucking the guy.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
the 3. period though... i never seen anything like that. it reminded me of a basketball game where the away team hits a 3 pointer to silence the crowd, exept it was way bigger, like an elephant on the ice xd
you could feel the nervousness in the crowd and i am not sure if it spread to the players or the other way around. they were about to lose the game there, i hope they talk about this in a meeting or something... u cant just freeze for 20 mins.
We struggled getting the puck out if the zone and when we did we would only get it to center ice. I would put most of the blame on our forwards. No puck support. Need to improve on that.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They should be up 3-2 at least, based purely on level of play in the series. So, yeah.

This.

It all evens out in a seven game series. I have no idea what the outcome of the this series will be but I am 100% positive the team that played the best overall will win.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
He had 2 goals and an assist in this game.

First goal was lucky. I'm glad he was able to bounce it off the goalie's back and into the net, but that's entirely random once it leaves his stick. Ovie tried the same and it didn't go in. Equivalent effort, but only Nick has something to show. His secondary assist on the PP was the result of Oshie's tip and Carly's shot. He made a nice pass to set up the shot, but had plenty of time and no opposing players in-between. I'm glad he stepped it up in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad