GDT: Preseason Game 7: Coyotes @ Ducks, Saturday 9/28, 7pm

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Sounds like Goose just got absolutely burned 1 on 1 again. He better sort his **** out real quick.

I'm normally not in favor of taking risk with veterans but he should be waived. If he gets claimed, great. If he wakes up, good. If he gets mad, can't be worse than his play now.

You win in 2/3 outcomes.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I don't think Fischer has been bad in the limited preseason games that I have seen. He has such a huge amount of promise, so I wouldn't give up on him quite yet.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There's maybe 8 teams that would take Goligoski for free, don't have to deal with his limited NTC if you put him on waivers.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'm not sure he's ready though, maybe he's as ready as he can be but that's different.

Hill nosedived pretty hard after his hot start, I'm not sure he's there yet.

Kuemper will be fine but may not provide elite level play like he did last year.

If Hill looks shaky at all as #2 I'd make a move fast, can't have a bad start due to goaltending. The Coyotes have shown they mentally collapse under so-so or worse goaltending.

Did he really nose-dive though? 3 of the 4 teams that he gave up the most goals to and lost to were in the top 5 for goals scored on the year. Carolina and Edmonton were the two other losses, and that month was when we had significant injuries, in addition to those that had already occurred.

I read somewhere that someone thought that Hill had a lot to clean up still to even be something in the NHL. If that is the case, I am not seeing it. Hill has a couple of off moments, but he is a good size in net. Looks like he takes away a lot, but directional movement can be the issue. I feel like people are skeptical of Hill, but I am not. If those things that this article mentioned wind up being true and getting fixed, we could have a really solid starter in Hill.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Leave Goligoski and Fischer in Anaheim for one of Mahura/Benoit/Guhle/Larsson.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The goalie situation actually strikes me as almost absurdly good. Even if Raanta is out.
In reality, all of our goalies have not proven they are a #1 for one reason or another. Our depth looks promising, but we all know that means nothing.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
PP bad, being outshot

At least Grabner has had at least two breakaways by my count

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Alright, that's a wrap on the preseason. They have less than a week to fix the f***ing powerplay before it costs us a bunch of games again.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Is Goligoski really that bad now that he's liability on the 3rd line? Waiving him sounds harsh but I haven't followed the preseason that closely.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Alright, that's a wrap on the preseason. They have less than a week to fix the ****ing powerplay before it costs us a bunch of games again.
RT had all of last year to fix it and didn't, what makes you think he can or will this year? He keeps on putting out Stepan on the first PP unit. All Stepan will do is bring down Kessel and Keller, and all I hear is Stepan is our best all around forward. The only positive I see for our PP is that it's preseason and when the season starts Stepan will/can prove me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->