GDT: Preseason Game 7: Coyotes @ Ducks, Saturday 9/28, 7pm

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Is this a thing? Just noticed the same with Pens-Sabres, as I tried to watch a bit of it, and found threads about it (to ask about the bad picture I have, wanted to see if it was commented on: ) and people talked about this being the exact same match-up as in their first game!

No stream tonight. Well, last weekend without feed from the games, then, at least.

I don't think it is an intentional thing, but every so often, it is bound to happen. Geographical proximity of teams for preseason is a big piece to the puzzle, and some areas of the country will naturally be put in this position.

I will say that in the instance of this situation, I would purposefully put in some plays and/or line combos that we would not see or are limited in our future intentions. If we suck at it - great, we just gave a game plan that we have no intention of using and combos that should not be seen anyhow. If we pot some good plays, however, we found success with plays and players that "allegedly" weren't supposed to work. That bodes well for our ability to play to our strengths. We just have to be aware that the Ducks may be willing to be doing the same thing - testing different looks and combos that may not have any future for them.

Reactions: Name Nameless

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If (IF lololol) Raanta is out long term we should probably trade for a backup again. Hill could probably do fine but I'd rather he not ride the pine too much.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Well would you look at that, four lines that can actually score.

inb4 shutout

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If (IF lololol) Raanta is out long term we should probably trade for a backup again. Hill could probably do fine but I'd rather he not ride the pine too much.

Chayka and Tocc are big on not running one starter into the ground. You're also probably not going to find a good one in trade this late in the season. Having Hill up would actually alleviate a little time crunch in the minors and he's basically ready. May as well let him run with it so he can be the full time guy next year.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

The goalie situation actually strikes me as almost absurdly good. Even if Raanta is out.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm not sure he's ready though, maybe he's as ready as he can be but that's different.

The goalie situation actually strikes me as almost absurdly good. Even if Raanta is out.

Hill nosedived pretty hard after his hot start, I'm not sure he's there yet.

Kuemper will be fine but may not provide elite level play like he did last year.

If Hill looks shaky at all as #2 I'd make a move fast, can't have a bad start due to goaltending. The Coyotes have shown they mentally collapse under so-so or worse goaltending.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You're also probably not going to find a good one in trade this late in the season
Probably not terribly hard to find an adequate veteran back up who a team is convinced could be replaced by a younger/cheaper guy. Just watch the waiver wire.

That's all we'd probably be in the market for anyway. Somebody who can be a warm body for awhile and then dumped.I

And that's assuming Raanta is seriously broken again.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm a little surprised Hayton isn't playing. I imagine it's a "show me something" game for Fischer.

Reactions: Antonche

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Sounds like Goose just got absolutely burned 1 on 1 again. He better sort his shit out real quick.

Reactions: Yandover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad