GDT: Preseason Game 6: Sabres @ Penguins - 7:00pm EDT

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I don't think it's bad coaching to put out a lineup like this and see what cream rises to the top.
Yeah but it’s kind of hard on the few good defensemen out there.
When it comes to the forwards it’s the big three and not much else. Mittelstadt has made some nice efforts but he’s kind of isolated. Thompson and Nylander are showing that they can be useful in the middle six.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Obviously need to find out more about Larsson’s injury, but if he’s not healthy by opening night, does that just about guarantee a spot for Asplund?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Obviously need to find out more about Larsson’s injury, but if he’s not healthy by opening night, does that just about guarantee a spot for Asplund?
I would think not since he's most likely getting waived and sent to Rochester. Too many other options (Girgensons/Rodrigues/Bailey/Baptiste/Wilson/etc.) Plus more importantly Thompson and Nylander might make the team to push him down.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
"Sabres look lost." If it's so damn easy for everyone to see, why doesn't Housley?
Housley's just working out the kinks, tweaking the lines, finding out who has chemistry with who. Who can make breakfast after a hard night of drinking. It's all about evaaaaaaaaaaaaluuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaashun. :laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Or it’s like they are totally overmatched tonight and it pretty pointless to make assertions based on this game.
If it's useless to make assertions based on the line-ups then what's the point of this game? Last I checked Housley decided the roster. Why create a roster so bad and mismatched that you as a coach can take nothing discernible from it?

Reactions: Havok89

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Peeloot is pretty good, hes good at getting the puck up the ice to our forwards, good first pass.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This game is a pretty good showing for how far our young un-established talent is from being NHL-Champion caliber.

Reactions: Fearnot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
If it's useless to make assertions based on the line-ups then what's the point of this game? Last I checked Housley decided the roster. Why create a roster so bad and mismatched that you as a coach can take nothing discernible from it?

He picked a roster the previous night specific for the Hockeyville game. Its preseason and you're whining that he what? Didn't dress the best lineup against the Pens the next night by dressing guys in back to back games? Instead dressing guys trying to make the team.

I mean you're really making the argument this tells us something about our coach? Like what? That he's going to make the mistake of sitting most of the NHL roster during the season in favor of a bunch of Amerks. :shakehead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad