GDT: Preseason Game 6: Sabres @ Penguins - 7:00pm EDT

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Well if we want to see if any of these combos can defend, they will get a chance tonight. Yikes!

Reactions: kummelweck

Deleted member 27798

I wonder if our "B Team" will have as much success against the Pens, as their "B Team" did against our "star studded" lineup at the Key Bank Center last week?

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
TT with two guys that can go straight to Roch, not a fan of that for his chances

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
TT with two guys that can go straight to Roch, not a fan of that for his chances
Asplund has been one of the best forwards on the team all summer and preseason long. He technically *can* go to Rochester, but I think he'll be on the opening-night roster, right alongside Tage.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Asplund has been one of the best forwards on the team all summer and preseason long. He technically *can* go to Rochester, but I think he'll be on the opening-night roster, right alongside Tage.

Oh I agree, but I'm worried the guys we could lose for free via waivers have a leg up. Do something, Darcy!

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Oh I agree, but I'm worried the guys we could lose for free via waivers have a leg up. Do something, Darcy!
I think the last player we actually lost via waivers was Corey Tropp...it's not going to be a big deal I don't think. Every single year there are guys who hit the waiver wire and everyone speculates about which team will pick them up (because some team is guaranteed to pick them up) and then they clear. Most of the time when a guy actually gets picked up from waivers it's a complete surprise...the guys that everyone assumes won't make it to the AHL almost universally do.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I think the last player we actually lost via waivers was Corey Tropp...it's not going to be a big deal I don't think. Every single year there are guys who hit the waiver wire and everyone speculates about which team will pick them up (because some team is guaranteed to pick them up) and then they clear. Most of the time when a guy actually gets picked up from waivers it's a complete surprise...the guys that everyone assumes won't make it to the AHL almost universally do.
Every team has their Bailey/Larsson that it's rare for another team to claim waiver fodder

Reactions: Reddawg

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
If not for probable Kraft/hockeyville sponsor obligations they probably should have switched rosters and let or top line up play today on the big ice

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Wow...this is about as strong a lineup I've ever seen in a Preseason game. Great test for the young offensive guys. Would've been a good test for Dahlin too.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Looks like the Penguins are doing a jumbotron stream. Can anyone PM me the VLC link to an earlier game so I have it? My desktop took a dive so I can't get it out of me VLC history.

Edit: Got it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->