GDT: Preseason game 6 - Jets vs Wild

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don’t think there’s any doubt that Brossoit is the backup, and one pre-season game won’t sway it either way.

No way are they getting another goalie for more AAV when they just paid to dump Mason’s salary.
It's possible they look for a backup with an AAV not far from Brossoit if they feel he can't cut it as a backup. Pickard for example is almost guaranteed to be available at $800,000. Neither salary is high enough to effect the cap if one gets buried on the Moose.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
For me it's nothing personal against Chiarot and I have no problem with him as a 7, he's a decent plug and play option when necessary, although as @surixon points out he's not that cheap for a PB guy and Morrow is a better option. I just don't want him out there unless that is the scenario though, if bodies are healthy we have better options for the bottom 4, one of which is Niku. I don't want him in the PB either, he either plays regularly or he should be with the Moose.

Ya I forgot he got a raise this year. He will be out next year with both Niku and Poolman ready and cheaper

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ya I forgot he got a raise this year. He will be out next year with both Niku and Poolman ready and cheaper
Agreed. This very likely Chiarot's last season with the Jets. If Samberg has a good season in the NCAA he likely signs and plays for the Moose next season becoming the next in line.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
not defensivley :D

tenor.gif

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013

Niku looks promising for sure. But, the under appreciation of Myers is painful. The guy is a horse back there, was a major difference for us last year. Niku is not better than Myers, maybe in years from now, but not now. Looking forward to seeing him in real games, and see how he adjusts to the speed and physicality.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kuli makes some dumb decisions sometimes. Touch that puck dude. It's a high stick not a high danger shot...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad