GDT: Preseason game 6 - Jets vs Wild

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd have Kuli in the PB based on his play so far. He has a long journey back from the surgery and so far it looks ominous.

So Niku-Chiarot is a good pairing, given who's made the trip.

Credit to Maurice for ditching the Myers LHD experiment (if it really has happened), but doubt Buff goes tomorrow, so I think Myers will be 3RD tomorrow) and I see no fault in using the exhibition season to evaluate different players on their offside. It's obviously going to happen up front and it gives you flexibility on the back end.

Reactions: The Big M

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I'd have Kuli in the PB based on his play so far. He has a long journey back from the surgery and so far it looks ominous.

So Niku-Chiarot is a good pairing, given who's made the trip.

Credit to Maurice for ditching the Myers LHD experiment (if it really has happened), but doubt Buff goes tomorrow, so I think Myers will be 3RD tomorrow) and I see no fault in using the exhibition season to evaluate different players on their offside. It's obviously going to happen up front and it gives you flexibility on the back end.
I haven't seen Kuli play much this pre-season. He's not looking good?

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
He looks like someone coming back from surgery. I doubt he sniffs the PB though, given his contract he will be given some time to play his way into form.
Thanks. Anyone know how long it might take him to get back to full form?

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I feel like Trouba and Poolman should be getting more preseason games in with how sloppy they've looked so far. I'd include Myers in that group as well but at least he can blame playing on his offside as an excuse. Kulikov looks like a 3rd liner in my eyes during preseason.
I felt like the first preseason games we lost...even when we won, watching them. Preseason rust and all.

I've been more disappointed in our veterans this preseason than the rookies trying to make an impression. I need the season to start and the games to start counting for the shiny prize at the end of the rainbow.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Very interesting to see KV over Dano/Lemieux on Rosie's left.
That was my take on that lineup also. Maurice said he pretty much have cut the NHL team in half on these practice games. So based on the other lines, this would look like Vesalainen is in. Of course it could be that Pep plays half of the game on that line, but I doubt he would. Also as far as I remember Vesalainen has played with the "big guys" all of these games, so that would also hint he may have a place in the lineup.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game player audio: Lemieux & Roslovic.

Coach Maurice pre-game scrum topics: Brossoit starts tonight? Will he play full game? Facing almost the full Wild team tnt. Is the Lowry line playing three road games by design? On the Lowry line looking dangerous. Did he get the sense that this line was ready to go? How does Brendan Lemieux look compared to when he first came to Winnipeg? Is keeping up an issue for Lemieux? On Lemieux’s discipline. Importance of last few games. The guys who are battling could play tomorrow?

To listen click here.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure why Dano isn't being given a shot on that top line. He was dynamite with Roslo and Ehlers in the 2 shifts he played with them last game.

Pre-season is also designed to try out combos. Dani looked good but they're giving KV a long look as well.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Do they really care about potential Moose pairings? I agree with the pairings you envision but I'm not sure that would be a reason. Not sure what Maurice's obsession with playing 6-7 types on their offside is, just don't get it.

As a 6-7 D, versatility is key. If they can play either side as a #7 then it doesn't matter who gets hurt because he can step in and play. Only makes sense to have Chiarot and Morrow play both sides.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
As a 6-7 D, versatility is key. If they can play either side as a #7 then it doesn't matter who gets hurt because he can step in and play. Only makes sense to have Chiarot and Morrow play both sides.
Maurice has done it with healthy bodies, and why does he need to see it during preseason, has he not seen enough? I know I have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad