GDT: Preseason game 6 - Jets vs Wild

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
upload_2018-9-26_8-32-0.png

No thread yet so thought I'd start one. (My first thread) Feel free to delete if an actual GDT shows up.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
That's probably the Wild's starting 20, save for maybe Fehr over Hendricks.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hope Niku plays with Buff...….but I doubt it. They have 4 LH shots on D, so watch Niku get paired with Chiarot on his offside again. Hope I'm wrong but I'm probably not.

Reactions: surixon and Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hope Niku plays with Buff...….but I doubt it. They have 4 LH shots on D, so watch Niku get paired with Chiarot on his offside again. Hope I'm wrong but I'm probably not.

The fact that Morrow is in the lineup gives me the suspicion that he will play with Buff. They may play Niku with Nogier as a potential Moose pairing. Chariot possibly with Kulikov as another bottom pairing look would be my guess.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
so is this the final game before the scalpel comes out?

No, tomorrow is the last preseason game and I know they don't want to play anyone on a back to back so they probably wait and cut down to the team on Friday. Half the lineup tomorrow will be AHL guys. We'll have our top 6 forwards, top pair D and Helle plus AHLers tomorrow so they could do 2 rounds of cuts but might as well do everyone at once.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Also looks like all the forwards in the mix are playing tonight. It should be an interesting battle.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
The fact that Morrow is in the lineup gives me the suspicion that he will play with Buff. They may play Niku with Nogier as a potential Moose pairing. Chariot possibly with Kulikov as another bottom pairing look would be my guess.
Do they really care about potential Moose pairings? I agree with the pairings you envision but I'm not sure that would be a reason. Not sure what Maurice's obsession with playing 6-7 types on their offside is, just don't get it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Welp, that's what I figured they'd do with Niku. :facepalm:

Yup. The writing was on the wall based on his Moe's comments the other day. I'm not looking forward to that pairing against the Wilds A team.

On the flip side at least it's Morrow and not Chariot who likely has the slot with Buff.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Yup. The writing was on the wall based on his Moe's comments the other day. I'm not looking forward to that pairing against the Wilds A team.

On the flip side at least it's Morrow and not Chariot who likely has the slot with Buff.

th

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I don't know why Chiarot gets ripped on here so much. Its kind of getting annoying. He plays a 6/7 role, doesn't play a lot and for long stretches and is expected to perform when he does come in. Plus hes cheap. Personally would rather have him in that role then Niku sitting up in the press box for 20 straight games

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't know why Chiarot gets ripped on here so much. Its kind of getting annoying. He plays a 6/7 role, doesn't play a lot and for long stretches and is expected to perform when he does come in. Plus hes cheap. Personally would rather have him in that role then Niku sitting up in the press box for 20 straight games

At 1.4 million he really isn't that cheap for a PB player. You should be able to fill that slot for half the cap hit. An extra 500 to 700k may have allowed the Jets to give Morrissey a long term offer in the 5.5 to 5.75 million range instead of only having room to offer around 5.2 million.

I also have no issue with Chariot in the PB but I am happy that Morrow is ahead of him on the depth chart.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
At 1.4 million he really isn't that cheap for a PB player. You should be able to fill that slot for half the cap hit. An extra 500 to 700k may have allowed the Jets to give Morrissey a long term offer in the 5.5 to 5.75 million range instead of only having room to offer around 5.2 million.

I also have no issue with Chariot in the PB but I am happy that Morrow is ahead of him on the depth chart.
Niku is obviously superior to Morrow & Chiarot & likely Myers.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
This could be a big game for Brossoit. If he plays well he may win the backup job. if not, I could see Chevy trying to snag an upgrade/competition off the waiver wire or through a minor trade.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->